The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All! Happy Easter!! Hope you all have a blessed day, and good weather for getting out and hiding eggs with the kids, if you have young ones. I miss that.

Page 106 and climbing!

It's kinda cloudy here, but supposed to clear out by 1:00 or so. Rain coming in tomorrow and they are now saying it could be a 'slushy mess' Wednesday morning cause it's gonna get cold enough Tuesday night to snow with the rain.... Guess I'll be calling Don Sitts tomorrow morning to cancel the appt. to take Teepo over on Tuesday. We're supposed to get warmer by next weekend.

Well I got up and made the deviled eggs. Larry is making his usual Sunday morning phone calls and complaining about 'worthless kids today' amongst his usual other things, lol. Doesn't matter that this Sunday is a holiday.....

Jean, Nicole and Jr. will be joining us for dinner later. Hope the rain holds off so Jean and I can walk around the yard and look at the flowers.

You all have a great day and enjoy!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; April 8th, 2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old April 8th, 2012, 07:11 AM

Happy Easter!

Half way through the long weekend and the only thing Olds related I have done is get the Delta out of storage. I hate being sick. Maybe tomorrow?

Have a great day everyone.
Old April 8th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Always room for one more

Good Morning everyone! Happy Easter!

Awful house was jam packed today with everyone returning from Sunrise Services. It's a beautiful day here, a little chilly this morning but the sun is out and that's half the battle.

I'm picking up some friends of mine at the airport this afternoon(right in the middle of the day) so I won't be getting into anything too involved. Might tinker on the Rolls a little bit. At least go out and stare at it.

Tomorrow is the day. I'm headed to Alabama to pick up the Corvair I'm getting from my friend. I still can't believe he's finally getting rid of it. This isn't the best time to get yet another car that doesn't run, but I've been waiting out this car for years, I'm not passing it up now.

Sandy such a nice picture of two lovely ladies. Hope you guys have a great time with everyone over today.

Paul what's springtime without a cold? Maybe it's just allergies. Take two Oldsmobiles and call me in the morning.

Okay! Time to do something. Everyone have a great day!

Mike
Old April 8th, 2012, 06:35 PM

Morning all, nice day here without a cloud in the sky, so far. Should get up around 95 again today which will be ok.

Nice pics there Sandy. Did you figure out the ps hoses yet?

Hope you have a good time up in the mountains Jamesbo. Sounds like you had a nice spread on that table of yours

Hope everyone had a great Easter and doesn't get too many eggs to induce a chocolate coma

Have a safe trip out there to Alabama Mike. Lets hope this one isn't as hard to get home as the last one

I know what you mean by being sick Paul, I think it is in the male gene to hate being sick

Wish we had cool swap meets over here like you have there Scot. Then my shed would be full of stuff I will get around to using one day

Here are the before and after pics of my motorscooter. What ya think?

Have a great day ya'll

Adrian
Old April 8th, 2012, 07:11 PM

Very nice looking bike Adrian. To me, it doesn't even look like the same one between the before and after pictures. Great work.
Old April 9th, 2012, 04:32 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice warm day to go smack whitey 'round.

Adrian, Nice bike

Mike, How many cars do you have? I know ya gots a Rolls and an Amphi, What else?

Scot, Welp, Now we know what to do at the next sawp meet. Me, you and Mike can sit in de a.c. at de Awfu house an we'll send your youngest ut wit a wagon full of parts, She can bring us de dough so we can pay fer out scattered, smothered and covered.

Sandy,

From whar I sit, dem wheels look perfect to me. WT heck is wrong wit dem?

Have a great day Olds Friends.
Old April 9th, 2012, 06:06 AM

Morning guys, had a great day with the kids yesterday. Except for the fact that they were up at 6:00 asking if the Easter Bunny came.
Old April 9th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Well I sure don't feel like I had 3 days off, lol. Had to come back to work so I can sit and relax.

It's a beautiful morning - we have rain and cold coming in later this afternoon though. Hope the sun willl still be out at noon so I can have a nice walk.

We had a nice Easter dinner. Ate too much as usual. Only got the pain in my jaw twice, so I stopped eating the ham. Too much chewing involved with meat. It sucks. Hopefully tomorrow when I go see that guy again we'll know what the problem is.

Keeping my eye on the weather, but I think I'm gonna call Don's today and cancel that appt. for Teepo tomorrow. Ain't gonna risk it raining or snowing on her.

Jamesbo...... her wheels aren't that bad, but there are pits and rusty places on some of them, and I don't like it, lol! Especially around the edges of the rims where the beauty ring doesn't cover by the tires.

Adrian... Nice to hear from ya! I commented on your bike on facebook, lol. I like it.

Well you all have a great Monday!
Old April 9th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Captain Starfire

Another gorgeous day in the N. GA Mountains

Mornin', Olds friends.... It's a glorious day, but just a little sad 'cause I and the better half will be taking taking the big bird down from HotLanta to da' Big Easy tomorrow.... my how time flies when you're havin' fun!
If I could've ordered the weather, this is what would have been served up: down into the 40s at night and up into the 70s during the day. It's 63 w/ very low humidity right now at 11:30 a.m.
Nice bike, Adrian... a 600 cc is big enough to do any damage you care to!
Glad you're getting to relax today, Sandy....
Let me go enjoy some more o' this fresh mountain air whilst I have it; it's back to the LA sticks tomorrow. At least I had sense enough to take off Wednesday so that gives me a softer landing back to reality...
And here's a little pic of why we miss this when we're away.
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:06 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon All

Simply a beautimus day ere

Originally Posted by Ausraven
Wish we had cool swap meets over here like you have there Scot. Then my shed would be full of stuff I will get around to using one day
I know what you mean Adrian You should see my shop

Here are the before and after pics of my motorscooter. What ya think?
Looks coool! I like

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

Scot, Welp, Now we know what to do at the next sawp meet. Me, you and Mike can sit in de a.c. at de Awfu house an we'll send your youngest ut wit a wagon full of parts, She can bring us de dough so we can pay fer out scattered, smothered and covered.
That sounds like a plan brother

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
And here's a little pic of why we miss this when we're away.
I know what you mean John. The better half and I just love da foothills. Especially around Helen, Blue Ridge and Ellijay

I hope you shake the blahs soon Paul

Yall have a wondermous day
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Captain Starfire

Don't fergit Hiawassee!

Here's more proof I jes uploaded to Flickr:

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Good Afternoon All
I know what you mean John. The better half and I just love da foothills. Especially around Helen, Blue Ridge and Ellijay

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 9th, 2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:53 AM

John, Ain't tat mount Yonah.

Scot, My place is only 'bout 30 min from Helen.
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well the cold front is arriving. It clouded up and is raining. I canceled Teepos trip to Don's tomorrow. Rescheduled it for Thursday morning hopefully.

I just got off the phone with Tina, going over all the instructions for her to take Lin to be admitted to the hospital in the morning. I wish her luck! Linda has been very frustrating lately......

Scot..... what color should Teepo's steering gear box be so I can have them paint it? Do you have a book for that, lol??
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:49 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee

Here's more proof I jes uploaded to Flickr:
Beautimus John

Scot, My place is only 'bout 30 min from Helen.
Sahweeet!

Originally Posted by cutlassgal

Scot..... what color should Teepo's steering gear box be so I can have them paint it? Do you have a book for that, lol??
Here ya go Sandy http://www.inlinetube.com/articles/1...CE%20Green.htm

The power steering gearbox is a cast finish with aluminum cover and black phosphate bolts. The power steering hoses have the correct tin-coated tube and gold or yellow zinc fittings. The hoses also have the correct pinch clamps and red stripe. Many hoses on these cars have ribs in the rubber or stripes to keep the routing clear for the line workers. Manual or power steering was available. This shot also shows the cast sway bar, center link and tie rod ends.
The steering gear box also has a small yellow sticker with the two-liter code (BZ on this car) that matches the build sheet. This was an assembly that is noted on the build sheet as an option, so it has a tag to match the build sheet. Barely visible are the bolts that hold the gearbox to the fame, with a yellow end. That’s an anti-lock sealant used to hold the bolts in place.
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Cutlass Lover

That looks like the same pic Blue posted on the other thread, lol. Thank you. I can tell ya right now they aren't gonna be painting it cast and aluminum, lol. I'll have to look at my Eastwoods paints and see what I have. I know I don't have aluminum.

And there is no friggin red stripe on the hose!!!!! Arrrrggghhhhhhhhhh......

Thank you Scot!
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:57 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Your welcome Sandy
Old April 9th, 2012, 03:08 PM

Ere we were enjoy'in de beautiful Gawga mountains an de next thing I know we're back worry'in 'bout stripes hoses an paint.

Sandy, Since you're rapidly go'in into Show Season Fret Over drive.

Ya got one of dem BZ stickers?

Pat, 46/45 I'm a gain'in a little ground.

Scot, Let me know when ya can get up dare we'd luv to have ya.

Bye de bye. Speak'in of hoses. De new HVAC "expert" has presented a new "Exigency de jour," de now says, wit a new compressor, ya should have a new evaparator coil and line set or the compresor could fail A-GAIN. Whatchathink?
Old April 9th, 2012, 03:23 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Scot, Let me know when ya can get up dare we'd luv to have ya.
I sure will, my job being I werk 6 days a week now, off on Thursdays has got me limited. However, I have officially been requested to submit background check data and my mvr for the USPS job in Perry YAY! So to me that means I'm in like Flynn Let's see 3 weeks since I had to get the physical so maybe 3 weeks more and I'll hear about when to report

Bye de bye. Speak'in of hoses. De new HVAC "expert" has presented a new "Exigency de jour," de now says, wit a new compressor, ya should have a new evaparator coil and line set or the compresor could fail A-GAIN. Whatchathink?
Not if they flush out the evaporator and lineset with chemicals and purge with dry nitrogen. The factory will back me up on this, but you know people especially those that try to tack on as much $$ as they can to increase their commission on the sale/install Try taking the super models car to any dealership and get a "free" estimate for a brake job and see what they tell ya you need $180.00 brake job will turn into $2,000.00 right shortly after it comes down off of the lift The refrigerant lines should last 20 years, the evaporator should (but in many cases don't before springing a leak) last 10-15 years.
Old April 9th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Captain Starfire

Bell Mountain

Uncle Remus--- we climd 2 da top uh-bout yeer & haff ago... got a bunch a pitchers we taked from up dare.... my neighbor who was really our tour guide left a solar light he thought we'd be able to see from here at night.... we ain't never seen a single flickr! You can definitely see a coupley lights burnin' on the antennae up there at nite, tho....
Other side (left side) of front balcony is Eagle Mountain.... we had quite a hike up there jus 2 day.... 2 hours worth! 'Bout wore out....
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:10 AM

Good evening all, temps in the high 80's today with low humidity and a fart for wind

Thanks on the bike comments, when I finish the painting I want to do I will post a finished pic

That is a great view John, wish I was there

Your getting pretty good at that golf Jamesbo, wish I could play that good

Teepo is in great condition Sandy, I will happily swap you my car for her, the honda that is

Good luck on the job Scot, hope all goes well

I heard at work today that more apprenticeships are coming up soon so I will apply again and hopefully get it. I am so tired of shift work lately That and a trade would open the world for me

Well time for dinner, whatever it happens to be talk soon

Adrian
Old April 10th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's cloudy and raining now, after a beautiful early morning of sunshine! Temps in the 30's. Glad I canceled Teepos trip to Dons this morning. I have to leave here at 10:30 to get to the oral surgeon. I have the CD disk in Tincanio so I didn't forget it.

I called Lin to make sure she was up and about and has everything ready to go to the hospital. Tina is on her way. She's all ready!

......Sandy, Since you're rapidly go'in into Show Season Fret Over drive.

Jamesbo..... now that made me laugh, lol!!!!! I know I am. I do not have one of those BZ stickers - it says 'some cars' have them. But I DO have Eastwood's Cast paint!! I found it last night and put it with the box of hoses and my service manual to take along.

Clay gave me a flyer for a new cruise in on Wednesdays out in the Aurora area. I have to look online to see if it's listed - I haven't seen it before. It will be a close one for Blue!!

Well better do something before I have to leave. Have a great day all!!
Old April 10th, 2012, 05:56 AM

Mawn'in all

Cool clear crisp mawn'in wit warmer afternoons. Perfect fescue grow'in weather.

Thanks Adrain but my game depends on one club. de 3 wood. If de batteries die in it. I'm toast.

Tanks Scot, It's gett'in close to time fer me to make a decision on which of de 3 options de gave me. De field fo "Experts is grow'in and it's kinda like you said. I 'bout decided I'd rahter have a broke down Rolls dan deal wit HVAC people.

John, De sho is pretty ptchers. Ya missed de boat ride by one week. "Das Boot" goes back in de lake Saturday.

Dat dare is Charlie Mountain as seen from de lake.
Old April 10th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well...... it's been raining with little ice ***** for the last few hours. It's not snow - it's more like sleet. Still in the 30's. Very miserable driving out there. I just got back from the oral surgeon guy. We looked at the MRI disk.... very interesting. Those little pieces of cartlidge on both of my jaws are out of whack. They are tilted forward, and not going backwards in to place like they should. He said think of them as supposed to be at 12:00 on a clock... The right (sore) side is like at 9:00 and the left side is more like 11:00. He did measurements again, and I can open my mouth a little bit wider than before, but it's still the same when I open to where it hurts.

He told me - lifestyle change when it comes to eating. No more chewing than is necessary. Cut everything up very small. Hot dogs, bananas, meat, whatever. He said hopefully my jaws won't get stuck in the front position and I won't be able to close my mouth! That would suck!!! He said some people just end up getting these TMJ problems due to getting older and the muscles in the jaws stretching and such. He said just to let them know if it gets worse again. Surgery is an option later on down the road depending on how bad it gets and how much pain I can stand.

So I'm just gonna keep on taking it easy with chewing and using the heating pad on the jaw. I ain't a having any surgery for as long as possible!!!

It's too yucky out to go walk. Brian brought his lunch and is eating here.... I called Lin at the hospital. She's all settled in with the monitor attached. I asked her if they started her on this new medicine yet and of course she said "I don't know."
So I'll call her later.

That's a pretty picture, Jamesbo!
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:08 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon All!

Mostly Beautimus Day Here

Good luck on the job Scot, hope all goes well

I heard at work today that more apprenticeships are coming up soon so I will apply again and hopefully get it. I am so tired of shift work lately That and a trade would open the world for me
Adrian
Thanks Adrian I hope you get your apprenticeship soon, I know you deserve it.
Tanks Scot, It's gett'in close to time fer me to make a decision on which of de 3 options de gave me. De field fo "Experts is grow'in and it's kinda like you said. I 'bout decided I'd rahter have a broke down Rolls dan deal wit HVAC people.
Dealing with those guys is about like havin a Mississippi squirrel in your shorts Like Jerry Clower used to say "Haaaaawww shoot that thang"
Jamesbo, I just wish I was closer. It would take me about an hour and a half to recover the refrigerant out of the old one, cut it loose, solder and wire up the new one (with a new filter drier of course) Chemically flush the evap and refrigerant lines, purge with dry nitrogen, put the system in a deep vacuum (500 microns) then release the new refrigerant into the system that is in the compressor from the factory. She'd be ready to run then and after about 20 mins of doing just that I could check the subcooling/temperature chart and adjust the charge as needed. Voila all set

Sandy, I'm glad you found your paint. Although I think it is cast in color once you media blast the rust/scale off, but cast paint will last a whole lot longer than bare metal Anywho I think Blue or Don Sitts would know better than I about that at the moment. But I do plan to get mine a nice as yours one day.

Yall have a great afternoon
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Captain Starfire

Update

Well, my better half pulled a good one! The flight we thought was for 10:25 a.m. is for (you guessed it) 10:25 p.m.! Thank goodness there are worse places to have to stay for another 12 hours.... but we're getting socked more for the rental car and my poor wife still has to get up at an ungodly hour tomorrow for work... at least I had sense enough to take tomorrow off.... Now we're just praying that late flight doesn't get delayed or canceled for any reason. Also lucky we didn't have any friend or family member lined up to pick us up; we left our car at the Park'n'Fly.
So, a day of leisure here in Hiawassee Heaven.
Beautiful pic, Jim. It did seem to get a little overcast here this afternoon... still in the 60s.
Sandy, did your TMJ guy recommend your getting a splint? I got one about 7-8 years ago and use it at night religiously and it has changed my life... all my symptoms (jaw cracking and pain) are gone.... although I try to be sensible with the gum, steak, and such. The custom-made ones aren't cheap, but they're worth every nickel. Just food for thought.... no pun...
Also, Sandy, that bottom part of the steering box would be fine w/ some cast gray paint; but try not to put anything on the top aluminum part... you can just buff it a bit and it should stay nice and "natural" for a while. Those BZ stickers and such are reproduced if you care to move toward the concours resto level ... I had done all that on my GS before Katrina changed my plans!
Here are a couple of the other pic's from up here that I uploaded to Flickr, just for good measure... while everybody's in a picture kinda' mood. Jes a beautiful blue sky in one and Bell Mountain (again) in the other.
Y'all be good....
Bee-Oh-Pee

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 10th, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

John.... I don't have many pics of the power steering area, here's one I posted with her leak. I think I don't have any aluminum showing on this gear box? Everything seems to be painted black? There's something shiny that Blue shined up real purdy when he painted her engine, but it's on down in front of this gear box and such. This gear box that the hoses are going into is what I want them to paint the cast color, right? Crap!!! I get soooo frustrated trying to figure out this stuff, lol!

Attachment 177057

Last edited by cutlassgal; April 10th, 2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:55 AM

Sandy actually PAID sum one to tell her she's outa Whack.

ROTFLMAO
Old April 10th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Cutlass Lover

I know..... sad isn't it? I just didn't know it reached my jawbones too, lol! You're a shi*, Jamesbo!!! Speakin of shi*'s, where's Blue?????????
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone!

Had a great day yesterday. So nice to see my friends. And, got the V8 Corvair home. Tomorrow is car washing day so I'll clean it up a little and then get some pictures.

Adrian that's a sweet looking bike. Almost makes me want to ride again. Are the controls reversed from US bikes?

I guess you're going to have to get a Cuisinart, Sandy. Now why would -Cuisinart- be a word that spell check recognizes? Hope Linda has good luck today.

Jamesbo I think I'd rather have a broke AC. There's more people to fix them and it probably costs the same. Glad you guys had a good meeting and supper. Adrian would you call that Roast Tea?

Beautiful day here. A little windy, but I'd rather have sunny and windy than rainy and windy. Might have to get a jump on working on the Corvair.

Mike
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:36 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Yeah whar's Blue??? There is a guy on ROP selling both his '70 Vista's for $2800.00 http://72.22.90.30/phpBB2/viewtopic....285&highlight=

Mike would that be a '69 Corvair Monza??
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Always room for one more

Ah Scot, you had to post about Vista Cruisers after I suppressed wanting one. I'm still mourning losing out on that one in California. Too bad(or maybe not) they are in Wisconsin.

The Corvair is actually a 65 Monza. It lived a rough life as a Corsa turbo wanabe but then was turned into the fire breathing beast that it is now. Actually the builder has never fired the engine after rebuilding it and is anxious to live vicariously through me once it gets on the road. This man is a wizard when it comes to mechanical stuff, but he's just too old and tired to finish the project.

Anybody here want a 61 Rampside? Free for the taking, but the catch is you have to come get it.

Okay back outside while visions of Vista Cruisers dance in my head.

Mike
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:45 PM

Morning all, little chilly this morn riding into work. I would rather be in bed

Throttle and front brake on right side Mike, is that the same over there? Supper is supper over here, I think roast tea is from England.

I hope you can get that jaw sorted out Sandy. It doesn't sound like fun at all

Lol Jamesbo at least you are under 100

Time to start work, have a great day everyone

Adrian
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Cutlass Lover

Good to hear you had a good time Mike, and got the car home safely. Will look forward to pics!!
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:50 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Hey Mike I have a buddy in Griffin that may be interested in the '61. Hmmm How does it look? Mechanical? Body? Interior? Pics?
Old April 10th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Cutlass Lover

I sur ehope those fires in Long Island aren't close to Darrell!!!
Old April 11th, 2012, 04:30 AM

Mawn'in all

A little chilly dis mawn'in

Mike, If Scot's bud don't want it. I'lll come down with my AAA card and take it. Do ya think it looks good enough to tell de hook driver I jes broke down?

I'm try'in to wrap my brain 'round dis V-8 Corvair and still can't pitcher it.

Adrain, If I could hit a 3 wood consistently as good as I can hit a 3 wood sometimes, I'd be below 80. Problem is. I can't

John, Had me a ham sammich yesterday wit dat bread cha gave me.
YUM Tanks alot

Sandy,I've got an e-bay search go'in fer a Jack LaLanne Power juicer fer ya. I'll let cha know what pops up.

Got to go to de city today. My college room mates father pased away. He was 100 and 45 days old.

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old April 11th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Well we have a couple inches of snow this morning, but temps have stayed above freezing. Not by much though. It was 34 when I came in. Supposed to get all rain pretty soon, and then hopefully it will dry out. Can't take Teepo to Don's tomorrow if the roads are wet!!

Gonna take Tincanio out to Defer tonight for an oil change. It's too hard to schedule over at Don's. They don't have a late night, and they don't work weekends. And I can't miss work to drive over there and wait for an oil change. I've been missing enough hours here and there with my dentist/doctor visits, and crap with Linda's too.

It's quiet in here this morning. It turned into a crazy day yesterday! Phones were ringing off the hooks, faxes and emails went nuts.... I liked it! I like to be busy. Larry said he's slowed waaayyy down, which is not good. You never know in the steel industry what it's going to be from day to day.

I put all the Easter decorations back in the container last night so I can schlep them back upstairs in the garage. That's my last decorating until the fall comes. Of course I have the summer things like wind chimes and such to get out, but that's not decorating, lol.

Jamesbo..... Think I'll pass on the juicer, lol, but thanks for the thought!

Have a great hump day all!!
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:45 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin, Mawnin People

A bit cooler ere dis mawnin but beautimus none the less.

Jamesbo I hate to hear that about your college buddy's Dad But I guess he lived a full life and I bet he's seen it all.

Well after changing the oil, filters, 3 belts and 2 blades on the mower now the battery won't hold a charge So you know where I'm headin

Have a great day all
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Captain Starfire

Takes a lotta' work!

Sandy,
Look at the pic Scot posted from the Inline Tube site.... your box should look almost exactly like that; that top part w/ the "BZ" is the aluminum cap, being held down by the 4 black phosphate bolts. Not sure what part was perdied up; but when that aluminum part looks nice, the whole box looks good.... maybe it's tough to see once everything's back snug under the bonnet; the cap would be more to the front of the car of where the hoses go into it. The absolute front of the box is also silver appearing; but when those companies rebuild them, they ain't doin' no concours job! They paint the whole thing w/ their black goo and call it a day, sometimes even w/ pittman arm installed. It takes a while to undo what they do and then redo it the "correct" way. That Inline Tube info seems like great stuff! Can't hardly go wrong w/ the info you have; it's just a matter of whether it's really worth redoin' it all if ya' can't even see it underneath the alternator and bracket!
Good luck....
Originally Posted by cutlassgal

John.... I don't have many pics of the power steering area, here's one I posted with her leak. I think I don't have any aluminum showing on this gear box? Everything seems to be painted black? There's something shiny that Blue shined up real purdy when he painted her engine, but it's on down in front of this gear box and such. This gear box that the hoses are going into is what I want them to paint the cast color, right? Crap!!! I get soooo frustrated trying to figure out this stuff, lol!

Jimbo,
Glad yer liked! We love that stuff; if you ever pass that place on border b/w Hiawassee & Young Harris on 76, don't pass it up -->
"Heavenly Bake Shop" owned by Steve & Cindy... great folks w/ great stuff!

John, Had me a ham sammich yesterday wit dat bread cha gave me.
YUM Tanks alot

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 11th, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old April 11th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Always room for one more

First crack at posting pictures

Evening everyone.

What a glorious day. A little chilly, but I'll take it. It's better than snow and rain. Gonna be nice all week and through the weekend. A little cold at night, but that's what longjohns are for!

Throttle/brake on right is the same as here Adrian. Harley made a reverse control Sportster back in the 70s, wonder what that was all about.

Scot I can't stop thinking about those Vistas. I even went and registered on ROP but I can't reply to that guy yet because the moderator needs to verify that I'm real and not a bot. Maybe I'm a Fembot like on The Six Million Dollar Man. Why were the men called Fembots, too?

Okay I've been owing you guys some pictures. Here are a couple pictures I took when I was in Albury at the Chrysler show. I'd love to have one of those wagons. The yellow truck is at my house, the one I bought in February.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Mike

Okay no pictures. First I got a message that some security bit was missing, then I got a message that it just failed, no explanation. I'll keep working on it.