The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 14th, 2012, 11:45 AM

Morning all, rained the last couple days but I still got some yard work done. I thought the hell with it and mowed in the rain It was past my knee in places and that is bad

Good luck with the job interview Scot, my fingers are crossed for you too.

I'm sure Teepo would love to be out of the back garage Sandy. Lets her know it is that much closer to cruising time

The next big trip we do will Prob be the west coast and maybe up into Canada for a bit if it isn't to hard to get across the border. I can't wait for it.

Good luck on the weather, lets hope it stays warm for yas

I live in Brisbane so I will have to let Mike know about 8 hours drive from Sydney, if you stick to the speed limit Maybe he can shoot up here for a day?

Back to work today, wish me luck lol.

Have a great day everyone,

Adrian
Old March 14th, 2012, 12:07 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Page 100

Thanks all for the well wishes. It seems that there were only 10 candidates for the hiring process and only 5 of us showed up Well I was the last to be interviewed and the Postmaster said it was due to the fact that I was already a postal employee so my interview was less formal than the rest and we had already covered those bases when I went to inquire about the job before I applied. At the end he said he would make a decision between myself and another fellow and send his recommendation to HR and then they would either approve or disapprove. I guess we'll just wait and see.

That's a good question Pat, hmmm I didn't think of that and yes that is cheap for a 455, but the warranty seems too good to be true
Old March 14th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cutlass Lover

Hope you get the job Scot! Well it's up to 76 degrees out there!!!!!! March 14th and 76 degrees! I can't believe it. Gotta be puttin burgers on the grill tonight or somethin. To nice to cook inside!!

Jamesbo.... Steve turned off his heater around 2:00, thank God! I showed Brian on my thermometer that it's 78 friggin degrees in here..... way too hot for indoors!
Old March 14th, 2012, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Page 100

Thanks all for the well wishes. It seems that there were only 10 candidates for the hiring process and only 5 of us showed up Well I was the last to be interviewed and the Postmaster said it was due to the fact that I was already a postal employee so my interview was less formal than the rest and we had already covered those bases when I went to inquire about the job before I applied. At the end he said he would make a decision between myself and another fellow and send his recommendation to HR and then they would either approve or disapprove. I guess we'll just wait and see.

That's a good question Pat, hmmm I didn't think of that and yes that is cheap for a 455, but the warranty seems too good to be true
If it seems to good to be true is usually is.

Adrian,

When you come to the West Coast, you'll pass right by my house on the way to Canada. Which means you gotta stop in and see me and take a ride in the 57

Good luck on getting the new job Scot.
Old March 14th, 2012, 05:55 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

Foggy and misty today. A little cooler, but still above freezing so I am happy.

Good luck with the job Scot.

Welcome to the thread Darryl.

Adrian, Vancouver, British Columbia is a beautiful city on the west coast of Canada. If you can, I would suggest you try and make it up there. They have a big park in the middle of the city (Stanley Park) among other things. Another really nice city in Canada is Ottawa, Ontario. It is the capital of Canada and only a couple of provinces east of BC (and it only takes 2 days to drive across Ontario ). But I might be a little biased about Ottawa

Have a safe trip Mike.
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:02 AM

Mawn'in all

Warm dis mawn'in and sunny.

Hey, It's de Ides of March-Watch your back

Welcome Darryl, Please tell me you don't have two brothers wit de same name.

Scot, Glad cha got de goodies. I don't know wth you're gonna do wit dem but enjoy.

Adrian, I think ya ought go by and see Pat, But be sure to take your rain coat.

Dis might be a good day to go smack whitey 'round. De roof can wait.
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

We had thunder boomers come through around 5 am. When I got up, the storm was moving more over the Twinsburg/Solon area. Big ole lightening strikes coming down!!! We didn't have a whole lot of rain. Temps were at 61 when I came in. Hopefully we'll get some sun in between the storms. It's supposed to get up to 76!!! It was beautiful yesterday. We grilled steaks and taters last night for supper. I went out and filled the birdfeeders too. The cardinals were happy!

Quiet morning in here. Again. Steve's heater is on already, my fan is on, and the temp is creeping up towards 74 already. I just can't believe he's cold!!

Adrian.... that would be so cool to stop and see Pat! You should do that. I'm going to - if we ever get out to Seattle to see Larry's daughter again.

Well you all have a great day! Where the heck is Blue??????
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Welcome Darryl, Please tell me you don't have two brothers wit de same name.
I believe it was " I am Larry, This is my brother Darryl, and my other brother Darryl"
Larry was the only one that spoke..

OK.. Name that TV show ??
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:59 AM

Yeah, I think you're right Darryl.

Beleive it or not, I met him in the Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans once. De was a dead pan funny in person.
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:06 AM

morning all

Record rainfall here 167% of normal. Stopped working on the 48, now building an ark. The animals are lining up 2 by 2 at the carport. It will be twin 455 powered of course and solar power for the computer so I can still connect with the CO crowd. Well better get back to work on the ark.

Later dude's and dudett's
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:16 AM

OK.. Name that TV show ??
"Newhart"
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:18 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Warmin up nicely this day It should reach the mid 80's

Thanks again Jamesbo fer da goodies, I proudly have them displayed wit my other civil war relics

Pat make sure you put ram air on the ark

I've got to run to Lowes to purchase some belts for my mower Man them things are expenskive

Yall have a great Thursday

Scot
Old March 15th, 2012, 09:50 AM

Scot,

I don't know how to put pics in p.m so here's a pic of a grape shot base [sabot]

Get it?
Got it?
Good?

Pat, Just so you know what to do when it stops rain'in and your ark settles on dry ground. De first thing Noah did was planted a vinyard. He need a drink BAD
Old March 15th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Cutlass Lover

Citcapp..... you better load those cars on the ark too, lol! It's very windy out here now. I just walked at lunch. It's still warm - 71 degrees and a little sun trying to peek out from behind the clouds. We had a downpour and thunder around 10 am. Supposed to have more storms later, but at least it's warm!! Supposed to be a dry weekend last I saw....
Old March 15th, 2012, 10:40 AM
"Car"mudgeon

4-10 er, uh 10-4 I gots it You'd a thunk dey'd had a lighter sabot Good lord dat wad of iron must of weighed 50 lbs! It must of been like putting an iron skillet with some grape shot another skillet more shot, skillet, shot, skillet??
Old March 15th, 2012, 10:45 AM

Scot, I got a call into a real sho nuff CW relic nut case. I wanta make sure dat's what it is. I hate fer sum one in Perry to say, "Dat dude in Hotlanta is full of B.S."
Old March 15th, 2012, 10:50 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Nah don't go into any mo trouble I'll do some research on it in a bit. Lowes didn't have my belts so fleabay it is. Plus they (the belts) are about 1/2 price compared to Lowes
Old March 15th, 2012, 10:52 AM
"Car"mudgeon

April 6 - 8
Perry Auto Fest & Swap meet
info@perryswapmeet.com
Information: 678-793-2878
Expected to attend: 2,500

http://www.perryswapmeet.com/

This is a great show and swap meet with tons of vendors and cool rides. Come on down guys I'll be there for sure. Well I'll be there Good Friday and on Passover, the TW will skin me if I try to go Easter

Scot
Old March 15th, 2012, 10:55 AM

Scot, I jes got off de phone wit de guru. De made a 10",11" and beleive it or not a 15" De were used mostly in forts.

p.s. I stand corrected a sabot has to be made of wood. ergo, it's a "Base" of a stand of of cannister.
Old March 15th, 2012, 11:09 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Thats good stuff right there
Old March 15th, 2012, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
"Newhart"

I believe that to be correct as that is what I am thinking..
Old March 15th, 2012, 11:26 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
"Newhart"
We have a winner

http://youtu.be/TN6UAzYY8qg
Old March 15th, 2012, 11:27 AM

Morning all, well looks like the rain is back for a week at least oh well good thing I'm working the next week so it should go pretty fast

That sounds like a great idea Pat. Prob won't happen till next year but I will sure make it over that's for sure Everything soooo cheap over there.

Sounds like your having as much rain as we got last year Pat. Do you live on a hill by any chance?

Sandy if only there was a way to "break" that heater of Steve's

Have fun smakin whitey around Jamesbo.

Time for work, chat later

Adrian
Old March 15th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Cutlass Lover

.....Sandy if only there was a way to "break" that heater of Steve's

Just let me tell you.......Steve turned the SOB back on at 10 minutes to 2. It is now up to 80 friggin degrees in this office!!!!!!!! I told Brian to say something to him, so he went out and said he was going to turn on the AC because according to the two thermometers I have in here, it's 80 degrees. He asked Steve if he was sick or something. Steve turned off the heater, and Brian propped open the outside door. I propped it open at lunch while they were out. My God!!!!!!!! It's 72 outside, and 80 in here, lol.
Old March 15th, 2012, 12:12 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Wow that can't be good for the heating/cooling bills Wow, his blood must be thin as sour mash
Old March 15th, 2012, 12:36 PM
"Car"mudgeon

I got this link from the AACA forum, what a hoot
http://news.yahoo.com/amish-youth-ch...045203434.html
Drag racing buggy's whilst inebriated
Old March 16th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Wow... no one's been on here since yesterday afternoon?? Well.

It's a beautiful morning here. Around 62 degrees and the sun is out! Had rain again overnight and think we're supposed to get more later. Noticed color on the daffodil buds this morning as I was leaving for work! They're gonna open in the next few days! Can't wait!!!!!

Well it's 74 in here and Steve just turned on his heater. Fan is about to go on.... He can't possibly be chilly. No way!!!! I just don't get it.

I have to leave around 9:30 for that oral surgeon dentist appointment at 10:00. Jaw is feeling better, but not normal, ya know? I'm anxious to see what he's gonna want to do that I can't afford to have done, lol. Probably teeth implants or something.....

So..... one of Nicole's facebook guy friends is here visiting her! I found out last evening. She lied to Charlie to get away and is staying at a friend's house, and I guess this guy is staying at the friend's house too. I guess I should be thankful that he came here and she didn't go there for a change. I still worry. I got on her about this lying crap last night, so we're fighting again. I hate liars. Always have. She just feels she has to lie instead of telling Charlie - hey, I have a friend coming in from out of town and I'm gonna spend time with him, she has to say I'm going to stay with my brother for a few days. She says Charlie is still posessive of her even though they're just friends...... easier to lie. Lord I don't even know who she is anymore. My kid is a stranger, lol.

I have to take my cat to get his rabies shots tomorrow afternoon. That's gonna be fun! I want to bond with my lawn chair tomorrow if it's going to be as nice as they're saying, and if the ground is dry enough to hold it without it sinking, lol.

Well you all have a great Friday and get out and enjoy the beautiful weather!
Old March 16th, 2012, 06:14 AM

Mawn'in all

Gonna be anutter warm wet one.

Scot, Dem Amish kids are hell on wheels.

Sandy, we lost power fer a few hours, A tree done fell on a line down de road. I'll try to stay on longer today.

Wow, daughter, cat, dentist, lawn chair. If it were me, I head straight to de lawn chair and leave the first 3 be.

By de by, I read sum whar de best way to get a pill in a cat is to crush it up in cream cheese and stick on their fur. De lick it right off. Werks pretty good.

Face book is mostly dribble. "Meet new friends and stalk them."

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old March 16th, 2012, 06:16 AM
GM Enthusiast

Morning everyone. Been a while since i posted on this thread so I figured I'd catch up. So there's another Darryl on here? It's a rare name no doubt.

Sandy, you have to get Teepo out of the garage. The weather is too nice not to. I drove my Cutlass about 200 miles the last 3 weeks because the weather is so nice here too. Was 68 the other day!

Pat, how's the ark building coming along? I like the twin 455 powered idea, have to put some emblems on the side of the boat too. This way, everyone will know what cool motors are in there!

Have a good day everyone.
Old March 16th, 2012, 07:21 AM

The ark building continues. Two democrats and two republicans have lined up. Think I will shoot both pairs maybe they will go extinct and we can start over. Gonna put super 88 emblems on the side of the ark and a notched bumper on the back that should confuse the masses.

have a great Friday all
Old March 16th, 2012, 12:01 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon Mawnin Peeps and Speculating Spectators

Dey let me werk awhile over this day so next check should look better

Pat I was gonna say make sure to put a sewage grinder and pump in if'n ya let those type critters on your arc Shootin em would put us out of our misery

Jamesbo I guess I had better watch out next time I head into Montezuma, GA jest in case the Mennonites are tipsy and wanna race These are the more modern ones that drive minivans and hit the yard sales and frequent our local Wally World. Dey still wear the get up and all with their beards and hair bonnets but no hoss -n- buggy Some build great stuff, some run farms and the best eatin in Montezuma is the Mennonite Restaurant.

Sandy just throw a paperclip into that heater if it is the electric type with the heating elements Just joking you don't wanna burn down the place I would just take the **** off of it and throw it over into the neighbors yard But it sounds like he'd just go buy a new heater

Guess I'd better go for now before I get someone into trouble

Yall have a great day hear

Scot
Old March 16th, 2012, 12:10 PM

Scot,

Do de Montezuma Menonites paint all de chrome black like the Pennsylvania Dutch do?

We got sum kinda sum'em up ere in de mountains. De got a great bakery.
Old March 16th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Cutlass Lover

Darryl! Haven't heard from you in ages, lol!!! Nice to know you're still around. The yard is still way to wet to think about gettin Teepo out, but I'm jonesin', lol! Won't be much longer - especially if it's dry and warm next week like they're saying right now. Gotta get her over to Don Sitts and get her trunk touched up. Hopefully she won't want anything mechanical when she comes out.

It's finally clearing up out here. The sun made it's debut and it's about 70 right now. Was cloudy and yucky all morning.

Well I went to the surgeon guy. The x-ray didn't show a whole lot. There's a whole lot about the jaw that we don't know, lol. He thinks this little disk shaped piece of cartlidge we all have on top of the TMJ joint may have slipped forward, so I have to go have an MRI. They got it pre approved through my medical insurance already, so that's good. Now he gave me 2 weeks worth of another anti inflamatory pill to take, and wants me eating "non chewable" foods for 2 weeks, and putting hot compresses on the jaw. Lord!!!!!! Puddings, mashed taters, etc.... full of calories and carbs!! I told him I'm already eating lots of soups. So I go back to see him on Apr. 10th after the MRI and we talk about it.

Add this to the list, Jamesbo, lol.... Linda's battery in her defibrilator is at the end, so she has to have it replaced. They called me today and have her scheduled for surgery on Mar. 26th. I have to have her at the hospital at 6:30 am that day. I'm having Nicole take her for the pre surgery testing on the 21st. I told them I can't miss all this work. I thrive on stress...... I thrive on stress......
Old March 16th, 2012, 12:13 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Scot,

Do de Montezuma Menonites paint all de chrome black like the Pennsylvania Dutch do?

We got sum kinda sum'em up ere in de mountains. De got a great bakery.
Not sure but it sounds feasible
Old March 16th, 2012, 12:28 PM

Sandy, Worry fer de worries.

Guess dat's why my grandpappy told me "Always marry and orphan." Wish, I listened, my super model is de baby of nine with 6 sisters. Every day, I wake up to de cat fight de jour.
Old March 16th, 2012, 04:05 PM

Sandy, Worry fer de worries.

Guess dat's why my grandpappy told me "Always marry and orphan." Wish, I listened, my super model is de baby of nine with 6 sisters. Every day, I wake up to de cat fight de jour.
Must be fun having all them women over for a family dinner
Old March 16th, 2012, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Must be fun having all them women over for a family dinner
Pat,

We havta serve dem alot of Oatmeal only wit spoons.
If we gave dem knives and forks, der be sum stab'in an kill'in.

I'm de only one allowed to self medicate. [and I need it]
Old March 17th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

Top of the Morning to ya all! Happy St. Patties Day!!

Come out come out wherever you are!!!!! Are you all out having "Kegs & Eggs" this morning?

It's a glorious morning here today - had some morning fog, but the sun is out and it's up to 62 now. They're calling for rain tomorrow - after saying it was gonna be dry - and possibly into Monday. The yard will never dry up.... I'm hoping it quickly gets warmer this morning so I can get my lawn chair out.

I have the cat shut inside the breezeway, lol. I put a big flower pot in front of his "cat door" so he can't get out. I'll let him out and we'll go for a walk pretty soon so he can go potty. If I let him out, he won't be anywhere to be found when it's time to go to the vet later.

I just had my wonderful un-chewable breakfast of instant cream of wheat, and a peach yogurt! This not chewing, sucks!!!! We ate at Bob Evans last night, and I had a smoothie, a bowl of applesauce, and a bowl of potato soup which I mashed the taters in with my fork, lol. Not a real good meal. I stocked up on oatmeals, puddings, soups and even got some instant grits last night. So I should be supplied.

Well you all have a great day! No drinking and driving!!!!!
Old March 17th, 2012, 09:31 AM

Afternoon all

Warm an damp

Welp, looks like we go two whole days w/o thermostat post'in.

Sandy, Put sum cheese in dem grits.

Scot, I spent a week once in Intercourse Pa. [Yes, de got bumper stickers dat say, "I love Intercourse"]

Interest'in folks dem Amish and Minonite folks. I bought sum of the best sour kraut, I've ever had and saw sum of de prettiest brocolli, cabbages, and cauliflower, I've ever seen at road side stands maned [womaned] by dirty bare footed Amish grils wit hairly legs.

Sum'em kinda interst'in 'bout see'in a woman werk'in behind a plow horse.

I've heared dar are a bunch sum whar in Ohio. Sandy/Blue?

Y'all have a great weekend
Old March 17th, 2012, 09:53 AM

Good morning all

The ark is proceeding well. Now have twenty rabbits instead of two. Low forties and not looking good. supposed to have snow flurries today and tomorrow. This is mid March isn't it? Common spring we need you.

Sandy those soft foods will prepare you for the next stage of your life. Couple more years and that's all you'll be able to eat, plus you can add supplements like stool softener and other digestive aids.