The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Solution to oil clean up in the gulf?

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2010, 08:09 PM

Solution to oil clean up in the gulf?

Leave it to a down home, redneck farmer to find the solution that won't hurt wildlife and sea creatures.

Here's a great tip you can even use for those nasty oil spills around the house!!! Gotta love those Farmers!

We have scientists, chemists, astronauts, doctors and biologists, but it takes two farmers to think up something like this.
Old May 31st, 2010, 04:37 AM

Ya can always trust a guy who wears "Hog washers"
Old May 31st, 2010, 06:27 AM
Past Administrator

That is some real ingenuity there.

http://www.wimp.com/solutionoil

edit: for some reason your link didn't work so I cut and pasted it to get there. So here it is for others that may have the same trouble.
Old May 31st, 2010, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
That is some real ingenuity there.

http://www.wimp.com/solutionoil

edit: for some reason your link didn't work so I cut and pasted it to get there. So here it is for others that may have the same trouble.
Thanks Dan...oil's well that ends well
Old May 31st, 2010, 07:37 AM
Senior Moment Member

The Feds dropped the ball on this one. They should mobilize all oil companies hardware until the leak is fixed. Where is our leadership. They can take over banks, and car companies but they do a cursory "flyover" of the worst environmental disasters of all time. You think they'll listen to a simple "green" solution?
Old May 31st, 2010, 09:36 AM
car guy

Originally Posted by z11375ss
The Feds dropped the ball on this one. They should mobilize all oil companies hardware until the leak is fixed. Where is our leadership. They can take over banks, and car companies but they do a cursory "flyover" of the worst environmental disasters of all time. You think they'll listen to a simple "green" solution?
It goes a lot farther than that. Because of the enviro-wackos and tree huggers the oil companies have been forced to move so far off shore and in water so deep that when something does happen this is what you get. There is no modern technology to stop a leak dealing with the pressure and temperature.

I will keep my words short about the administation on this but I think they have dug there own grave. The fact that this happened was (never let a crisis go to waste) moment. They sat on their hands for weeks hoping to so the world how bad the oil companies are. Now that they realise how bad it really is they look like complete idiots.
Old May 31st, 2010, 07:55 PM

Blame whoever it was that let them drill without asking if they had an emergency plan. Now I hear that BP wants to to drill in the Arctic. Something like this in the Arctic would be impossible to clean up. The oil would seep under the ice. Our government better not let them drill until they can prove they are prepared or I'll become an activist.

I work in the oil patch but this too much. When did profit become more important than our homes and where we raise our children? If I was the US government, BP higher ups and the people who let them drill would be seeing jail time. Bad enough that the people living in the gulf states have to put up with mother nature, they have to put up with corporate greed and incompetence too?
Old June 1st, 2010, 05:51 AM

Here's the solution.

Although this one has a much more fitting name....