The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

OCA elections

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Shoveling Snow

OCA elections

If your in the OCA you may know that it's election time again and there is a good candidate running.
His name is Ron Krier an he needs your vote.
Old April 5th, 2010, 06:22 PM

Smile

I've only been a member for 2+ years, but I've never seen any election material. Of course my JWO generally arrives on a rainy day and is soaked before I can bring it inside. Damn postal workers leave my mailbox lid up every time it rains, but it is always down on nice sunny days!
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Oldsdruid

What position is he running for? and what is his platform?

Might add that I spent ten years on the OCA board meself so I've seen and heard most of the sales pitches. I have yet to see where anyone really made a difference. I tried, but got blocked at every turn. Finally decided they could have it. Walked away from the BOD in 2001 and have not regretted it. I can go to work and get paid to be abused. No point in volunteering for it.

I'd rather sit back and get my JWO every month, which, contrary to popular belief, I do not get free or at a reduced rate as a past director. Wouldn't accept it if it were offered.
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by rocketraider

I'd rather sit back and get my JWO every month, which, contrary to popular belief, I do not get free or at a reduced rate as a past director. Wouldn't accept it if it were offered.
Its a thankless job and criticism from all but no-one pitches in to help. I have done like you since 1975 and and its great....pay dues on time wait for the JWO to arrive and thats about it!
Old April 6th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Shoveling Snow

Glenn he's running for president and I don't know his platform but I like his attitude about the club in general. No it's had for one person to make a difference in this club I know that. But I think Ron can get this club more member friendly.
I have been involved in the club since 1978 so I have an opinion about the officers that have run it and I think Ron would be a good choice.

Paul H Sigmund
Old April 6th, 2010, 06:19 PM
One of None W-31

Nothing against your friend Ron, he may indeed make a good president, but I must say that I have met and spoken several times to Pat Yancey the current president and find him to be incredibly amiable and friendly. I would have to know specifically how someone would be better than the current president who is a gentleman in every sense of the word (in my experience) Pat takes numerous phone calls at home, and is always willing to help any and everyone. I am surprised people are seeking to replace him. Perhaps I'm missing something???