The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Now I know why I quit going there.

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2010, 08:58 AM

Lightbulb Now I know why I quit going there.

I got up this morning and took the Ram around the corner to take advantage of the free car wash rain check offer as a result of getting it inspected. I decided to pony up some extra cash to get the tires and wheels detailed. Well upon returning home I notice that the tires on the left side had not been detailed but the right side was. Remember I paid to have the tires and wheels detailed. Now I know why I quit going there.

After the Ram was finished I made a run up to Whataburger for some breakfast. Upon returning home I noticed that my order was wrong. It was missing one of the platters and they gave me sausage instead of bacon on the other two. Now I know why I quit going there.

What ever happened to getting what you paid for?

"I should have just stayed home"
Old February 6th, 2010, 02:10 PM

The other day my ladyfriend ordered two burgers and two fries from Sonic.
When she got hem here, there were only 2 burgers - no fries!
She complained the next day and they gave her two fries. No who the heck wants fries with no burgers??
Geez...

And you ever noticed that if you check your order at the store before you leave, the checker / packer appears offended?
Old February 6th, 2010, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
And you ever noticed that if you check your order at the store before you leave, the checker / packer appears offended?
If they didn't get it wrong so often. We wouldn't have to check it.
Old February 6th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
The other day my ladyfriend ordered two burgers and two fries from Sonic.
When she got hem here, there were only 2 burgers - no fries!
She complained the next day and they gave her two fries. No who the heck wants fries with no burgers??
Geez...

Hope they supersized them for her

Seems to be the same wherever you go. I ALWAYS check the bag when I go to KFC. I actually watch them load the bag now instead of having to check it afterwards. Been stiffed lots of times and the commute back and forth burns up more gas than getting the refund or replacement. I just won't go back to some places becuz of their poor performance and attitude.

Hee hee hee, My wife just came in and told me that I need to put gas in her car. I went down to check. Heck, it was 3/4 (or 1/4 MT) depending on how you look at it. Nestled on the dash in front of the speedo were some meal deals from A&W. Awww, shucks honey. If you didn't want to cook just say so. Anyway, I'm heading out with my son to pick up some burgers and whatnot. Then we're gonna hunker down and watch "inglorius Basterds" in HD on the new 46" LCD. Sounds good to me.....
Old February 6th, 2010, 05:19 PM

Me and one of my buddies went to a Wendy's Drive Thru one night. We both got large #4, The Baconator, meals. One burger didn't have any bacon on it, we got one fry instead of two, and the sodas were so watery you could wash your car with them. We went back up to the window and the kids there were just standing there blabbing and wouldn't come to the window. So what did we do? We sat there and started roasting the tires off my buddy's mustang. 3000rpm for 5 minutes + burger punk opening drive thru window = Wendy's full of smoke. Then we kindly asked for better service next time, and left.
Old February 6th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Unbelievable,
They did it again. I counted everything going into the bag. The guy says: 6 burgers, 4 drinks and 2 fries, hereyagobuddy!!!
I looked right at him and said, "Where's my other 2 fries, ....buddy? It was like I slapped him! "oops, sorry, mustahadabrainfart" as he put in 2 more orders of large fries.
I gotta quit going there.

OBTW...Inglorious Basterds (the movie?) Don't waste your time or money on it. It stinks worse than a week old dead mule at a water hole! Also some pretty graphic first hand violence you don't want to watch on a full tummy. 1 * out of 10. Brad Pitt sucks slew water in this one.
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:31 AM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

I have gotten to the point,I barely use drive thru's anymore at fast food.I found if I go in,I can usually watch as my food is being prepared and bagged.I do point out areas of concern to the employees.They probably hate me,but,O well! They brought it on themselves.

What it boils down to is,the general public feels they are underpaid(even if they have no education),and with the younger generation's "I don't care attitude".

People just have no pride in the work they do! and do not care!
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:58 AM
"me somebody" site member

Worst is when you say you are NEVER going to go to some establishment again, then break down and go anway, only to end up wishing you didn't and slap youself for not following your better instinct. Though I'm pretty sure I've entered my local Pep Boys for the last (and I mean LAST) time.
Old February 7th, 2010, 09:46 AM

This is an easy one for me, I don't do fast food, prefer mom and pop hamburger joints, No drive through but the service is better, food is better, and almost as fast.
Old February 7th, 2010, 09:50 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by shermanator
Me and one of my buddies went to a Wendy's Drive Thru one night. We both got large #4, The Baconator, meals. One burger didn't have any bacon on it, we got one fry instead of two, and the sodas were so watery you could wash your car with them. We went back up to the window and the kids there were just standing there blabbing and wouldn't come to the window. So what did we do? We sat there and started roasting the tires off my buddy's mustang. 3000rpm for 5 minutes + burger punk opening drive thru window = Wendy's full of smoke. Then we kindly asked for better service next time, and left.
GOOD FOR YOU! I hate pee-poor service!
Old February 7th, 2010, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by w-30dreamin
I have gotten to the point,I barely use drive thru's anymore at fast food.I found if I go in,I can usually watch as my food is being prepared and bagged.I do point out areas of concern to the employees.They probably hate me,but,O well! They brought it on themselves.

What it boils down to is,the general public feels they are underpaid(even if they have no education),and with the younger generation's "I don't care attitude".

People just have no pride in the work they do! and do not care!
I see that all the time.
Old February 7th, 2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by aliensatemybuick
Worst is when you say you are NEVER going to go to some establishment again, then break down and go anway, only to end up wishing you didn't and slap youself for not following your better instinct. Though I'm pretty sure I've entered my local Pep Boys for the last (and I mean LAST) time.
Not true - the worst is when a customer receives less-than-stellar service and decides to bitch about it on the Net instead of to the people running the place, whether it's the manager or HQ.

As a consumer, you have power - use it! With all the bitching about outsourcing and globalization, you have the opportunity to help a company make things right (or turn a negative into a positive) instead of letting some other consumer experience the same thing and patronize a foreign company. . . and this is coming from someone who thinks "Buy American" is BS!