The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Interesting trip to Chico... No clutch in the Miata

Old March 27th, 2019, 04:50 PM

Interesting trip to Chico... No clutch in the Miata

I lost all the hydraulics on the master clutch or slave cylinder on the way down to Chico for a meeting . It got interesting as I entered town during morning rush hour. Relearned how to match gears on the roll and start the car in gear at stop signs. Kinda reminded me of my 4 wheeling days only no low gears, tork or horse power to help.

Rather embarrassing to take a car to a shop and have someone else pull parts off especially when four bolts and two brake lines would get the job done. My legs will no longer support my lard *** in the shape they are in. Nothing good is going to happen till after the 20th of next month when I get new stuff added to replace the old broken knee parts that are toast. Hopefully I can get my engine on the 55 detailed and painted for the season the rest I'll pay someone else to play with it.

Old age sucks, try and not get there you won't like it..mad:.....Tedd
Old March 27th, 2019, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Been there and done that with a VW bug in my teen years. Drove 60 miles back to the house like that. Today most will call a tow truck.