The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Black Friday sales

Old November 19th, 2018, 07:27 AM

Black Friday sales

Ok, Summit updated their website and apparently they are running sales all week. We'll see if it's a good enough sale for me to pickup a Holley Sniper efi kit.

Is anyone else taking advantage of Black Friday sales? I haven't been out on the Friday after Thanksgiving for 20 years. Let us know what toys you're getting!
Old November 20th, 2018, 09:17 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

Lamentably, we have embraced Black Friday over here.
Certainly in the UK there are many "sale" offers that really don't save you anything, or cheap rubbish is bought in just for the sales.
But if you know how much whatever you want would normally cost, and can snag a genuine bargain, good luck!.

Roger.
Old November 21st, 2018, 08:45 PM
Hookers under Hood

I stocked up on Summit parts back several years ago when our Canadian dollar was in good shape. Even with the Black Friday deals going on, the price is still a bit too much to go on my other project just yet.
I have to keep my spending here at Performance Improvements and T-dot Performance .
Black Friday is in play here in Canada , but the junk they put on sale isn't worth buying, probably much the same as Roger mentioned.
Old November 21st, 2018, 09:27 PM
Administrator

I prefer to sit on the couch in my skivvies eating pizza and hammerring away on cyber Monday. I will not set foot in or around a store or mall on black Friday.

Car parts are not really on the list this year but a new work bench, home stereo receiver, turntable, and speakers are. I pulled the trigger on a nice 60x31x34 high Titan all steel work bench through Amazon today, just in time before they ran out. Plus its shipped free directly to my door. The electronics I'm waiting a bit to see if any great deals come along that beats what I have on the list already.
Old November 26th, 2018, 10:06 AM

So, I went to the Summit Racing location on Friday. It wasn't busy at all. Unfortunately, they never put the Holley Sniper EFI kit on sale. So, I just bought a pyrometer for my truck instead.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-2654/overview/

If you live in TX and haven't been to Summit Racing make sure you go. It's AWESOME!
Old November 26th, 2018, 10:24 AM
delete

Originally Posted by Olds64

If you live in TX and haven't been to Summit Racing make sure you go. It's AWESOME!
While in Ohio I stopped by their showroom. It was pretty cool.

I took advantage of Legendary's sale to get new skins for my headrests. I also gor an EBay coupon for 15% off but it was time restricted. I got it at about 1:00 and it expired the same day. I used it for Thorntons to get the Air Cleaner assembly for my OAI hood. That was a pretty good savings. EBay sends these out every so often but they send out so much junk E-Mail. in their attempt to compete with Amazon.