The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Wifes poor Mustang

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2018, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Wifes poor Mustang

This is a testament to newer car safety. These are the aftermath of a 55 mph head on. The other driver making a left hand turn apparently did not see my wifes car. Luckily my wife walked away with some bruising and misc pains. The other driver in a 2000 Saturn with crap for insurance got a broken foot.

Old June 11th, 2018, 10:05 AM

WOW !!!! I hope she doesn't have new pains in a couple days. Good luck.
Old June 11th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by OLDSter Ralph
WOW !!!! I hope she doesn't have new pains in a couple days. Good luck.

Me too...
Old June 11th, 2018, 10:17 AM
Rocket Renegade!

Glad she's okay. As Ralph points out, monitor her for new pains. They sometimes take weeks to flare up.
Old June 11th, 2018, 10:26 AM
Always room for one more

What did the Saturn look like?

Glad your wife is okay...
Old June 11th, 2018, 10:28 AM

Glad your wife was safe. I hope their insurance finally pays out.
Old June 11th, 2018, 10:31 AM

Wow. She was sure lucky. Did your wife get checked out by a Doc?
Old June 11th, 2018, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by '69442ragtop
Glad she's okay. As Ralph points out, monitor her for new pains. They sometimes take weeks to flare up.
Yes, have my fingers crossed that she has no future issues and the current ones heal fast.

Originally Posted by slantflat
What did the Saturn look like?

Similar to the Mustang, except they had to cut her out. Her foot was pinched when the body crumbled.

Glad your wife is okay...
Originally Posted by Olds64
Glad your wife was safe. I hope their insurance finally pays out.
X2, the other driver's insurance is the state minimum with a company that serves less than stellar drivers. Their customer service does not have a good track record according to comments on the internet. So I opted to go through my insurance and let them handle it.

Originally Posted by RandyS
Wow. She was sure lucky. Did your wife get checked out by a Doc?
I agree, I was a fireman for a long time and have seen a lot of accidents, she was very lucky. I made her get transported to the local ER and get checked out. Nothing broken, just a lot of bruising, mainly from the airbag.
Old June 11th, 2018, 11:23 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Eric your wife was very unfortunate this happened to her but fortunate she walked away. Man that car is a mess. You are doing right by letting your insurance company handle it. If you wife has not been checked for internal injuries I would get her to the doctor in short order. I know you are taking good care of her. Thoughts and prayers are with both of you.
Old June 11th, 2018, 12:11 PM

Man is she lucky. Hopefully things work out well health and insurance wise.... Tedd
Old June 11th, 2018, 01:45 PM

Glad she ok, coulda been a whole lot worse
Old June 11th, 2018, 02:49 PM
Hookers under Hood

Holy Jumpin' good to hear she is OK ! I'm sure it scared the heck out of her, I know it would me. The air bags are a bugger to take a hit from.
Hope she won't have any ongoing pains in the near future.

Eric
Old June 11th, 2018, 04:03 PM
Olds Fever

Ouch for the Stang... Best wishes for your wife's recovery from her injuries...
Old June 11th, 2018, 06:41 PM

Glad she's alright. It is good to let your insurance deal with the hassle. The car is easily replaceable. "Did not see her?"... Translation= I was scrolling through texts,emails, iTunes...
Old June 11th, 2018, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Thanks for all well wishes, again hopefully a speedy recovery. She's already bitchin at me so she is getting better.

Originally Posted by Funkwagon455
Glad she's alright. It is good to let your insurance deal with the hassle. The car is easily replaceable. "Did not see her?"... Translation= I was scrolling through texts,emails, iTunes...
The lady that pulled out in front of her is in her 60's, don't know about the texting, email, etc... stuff. Replacing the car is not going to be easy because she want another just like it. I bought it new for her and she loved that car, so she wants another 2005-2009 body style with low miles. Some of these people are just nuts, they think that its collectable and the prices for low mileage cars are ridiculous.
Old June 11th, 2018, 08:11 PM

Im happy to hear she didnt get hurt and is recovering well.
Old June 11th, 2018, 10:22 PM

Very fortunate. Good to see that she came through it in good shape.
Old June 12th, 2018, 05:23 PM

WOW! She is very fortunate. Glad she walked away from that one. Sheet metal is easy, Bones.....not so much.
Old June 12th, 2018, 05:38 PM
Old School Olds

Glad to hear she's on the mend Eric. When they start in bitching, you know they are going to be okay. Her poor car is a mess though, wow.

Last edited by tru-blue 442; June 12th, 2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old June 12th, 2018, 07:02 PM

The state minimums are a joke. Glad to hear she's doing well.
Old June 14th, 2018, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gary M
The state minimums are a joke. Glad to hear she's doing well.
We just got notified that the ER bill for my wife is $15k. Still waiting on what her ambulance ride, doctor/s, radiology, etc. The other driver is going to have some trouble carrying the minimums.
Old June 14th, 2018, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Well now for some good news. I found my wife another car, a 2007 Mustang GT Premiium, red with black leather interior with the same equipment that was on her 2006. It also has a 3:55 vs her old 3:31 gears ,with the 5spd manual. It gets better... the car only has 7800 verified miles and is like brand new with the exception of a couple of rock chips. Pictures to follow.
Old June 14th, 2018, 08:07 PM

Keep Momma happy.
Old June 14th, 2018, 08:32 PM
Rocket Renegade!

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Well now for some good news. I found my wife another car, a 2007 Mustang GT Premiium, red with black leather interior with the same equipment that was on her 2006. It also has a 3:55 vs her old 3:31 with the 5spd manual. It gets better... the car only has 7800 verified miles and is like brand new with the exception of a couple of rock chips. Pictures to follow.
Impressive! But not nearly as impressive as the fact that your wife drives a stick.
Old June 14th, 2018, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Well now for some good news. I found my wife another car, a 2007 Mustang GT Premiium, red with black leather interior with the same equipment that was on her 2006. It also has a 3:55 vs her old 3:31 with the 5spd manual. It gets better... the car only has 7800 verified miles and is like brand new with the exception of a couple of rock chips. Pictures to follow.
How far do you have to go to get it? Glad she can recover the car aspect. She’ll probably be even happier with this one. When my Custom Cruiser got totaled, I was upset but now I’m enjoying the much lower mileage replacement Roadmaster wagon even more.. You never know what life has planned for you! Enjoy the ride!
Old June 15th, 2018, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by '69442ragtop
Impressive! But not nearly as impressive as the fact that your wife drives a stick.
I taught her how to drive a stick when we first got married 38 years ago in my 68 Mustang GT. She's been driving standards pretty much since. There were not many automatics in our household through the years and we've had quite a few. I bet you can count them on one hand.

Originally Posted by Funkwagon455
How far do you have to go to get it? Glad she can recover the car aspect. She’ll probably be even happier with this one. When my Custom Cruiser got totaled, I was upset but now I’m enjoying the much lower mileage replacement Roadmaster wagon even more.. You never know what life has planned for you! Enjoy the ride!
It was in Tyler, I almost didn't get it because it still had a lien on it and really didn't want the hassle of getting the title. I was also looking a 2007 Bullitt and 2007 Shelby GT350. They were a bit more, but she wanted the red Mustang GT. I wouldn't say happier as she really loved her car, I'll go with content with a suitable substitute.

The previous owner was kind enough to meet me half way in Meridian last night.
Old June 15th, 2018, 07:53 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Getting her replacement car will help her spirits I am sure. You did well.
Old June 15th, 2018, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by redoldsman
Getting her replacement car will help her spirits I am sure. You did well.
Oh yes
Old June 15th, 2018, 08:12 AM

I'm gonna bet the ambulance ride was 3 grand
Old June 15th, 2018, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I'm gonna bet the ambulance ride was 3 grand
I can only imagine, but I will let you know.
Old June 15th, 2018, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Replacement 2007 Mustang GT 8k miles. I hope it gives us trouble free service like the 06 did.

Old June 15th, 2018, 02:45 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Eric,
I just saw this thread. Holy Toledo, I'm so glad to hear your wife is ok. By now I'm sure you know whether she's going to be needing any special medical attention. I hope that she doesn't. You're spot on with the testament to the newer car safety. With both parties leaving the accident with only minor injuries, this would have been a fatality if she had been driving your 67. Thank God everything has worked out in the end. That's a nice replacement car, slightly different color but still a great looking car and likely a blast to drive. Was the replacement covered by insurance?
Old June 15th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Administrator

I've heard rumors that these Mustangs were extremely safe when I was selling them. So far she's recuperating very well. Pains and airbag burns are getting better. I heard an hour ago the other driver is still in the hospital, apparently with more than just a broken ankle. She was driving a 2000 Saturn. My wifes car was struck on the front drivers side by Saturns front passenger side. It was almost full frontal on both cars.

Everything is not worked out yet but on track. Don't know what the Mustang loss offer is yet. The police report was pretty cut and dry on who caused the accident. Plus there was a witness.
Old June 15th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Very nice Eric. When I was the executor of Richard Lau's estate I sold a 2006 Cobra Mustang Pace Car convertible. If I remember correctly it had less than 10,000 miles on it. It sat in his garage and had not been started in years. I had to have a gas tank replaced and actually had it painted since he had opened his car door against it on both sides and really banged it up. Bob White in Garland painted it and it looked better than new. I had it consigned to a dealer and I think we sold it for about $16,000. That was probably 5 years ago. I drove it a little bit and it was fun. Not real fast but pretty peppy and fun. Nice cars.
Old June 15th, 2018, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Wow, someone got a hell of a deal at $16k. That's probably 50% of its actual worth.
Old June 15th, 2018, 05:58 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I don't think it was worth that much at the time and it was marketed pretty well be the dealer I had it consigned to. The market has probably improved since that time. Here is a picture complete with decals. Fortunately Richard Lau had purchased and extra set of decals. I don't know why the picture came out like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0194.JPG (1.46 MB, 5 views)
Old June 15th, 2018, 06:32 PM
Administrator

That's not a 2006... Its a 1994.
Old June 15th, 2018, 08:44 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

You know you are correct and now that I think about it I know you are right. Memory gets foggy. I sold about 6 cars out of the estate including a 50 Olds convertible and a 68 ninety-eight convertible. There was a crazy son I had to deal with so I have tried to put most of this out of my mine. Looks like I have succeeded. My 54 Olds also came out of the estate. Now it is not the bargain you thought it was. Thanks for setting me straight.
Old June 16th, 2018, 03:55 AM
Administrator

No harm
Old June 17th, 2018, 09:50 AM

Been out all week, so reading now. I am happy your girl is all right. Good idea to let the insurance companies handle it. Your company will make the other company pay, and that other company will sell organs off the other driver if they have to to get their nut. Good job on the replacement Mustang. People like what they like, and hold important certain things, and that car seems like one of them.

Quick Reply: Wifes poor Mustang