The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

I have a opportunity I think?

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2018, 05:27 PM

I have a opportunity I think?

A couple weeks ago at the Oroville car show a gent approached me and said he was a professional photographer and wanted to know if I would let him use my car in a photo shoot. Many deals and offers are made at car shows that never come to light, I thought this was one of them but a week later he called and asked if I wanted to do this shoot at this airport on a Friday but unfortunately I had to be with my dad while he had a tooth extracted and drive him home and had to pass. I thought that would probably be the last I would here from him. This Monday I get another call and we set a date for tomorrow , the shoot is on.
I don't know the particulars but I was told a model and an antique aircraft will be used depending on availability of both. If the same model is used as was used on his last shoot (he used her on a friends location who has a old timy gas station and a 34 ford) no one will see my car or the plane for the distraction. Something about clothes could be optional on this shoot. We will see, could be a bust or just a lot of fun. Doubtful I will be in any shots but if somehow I am I will be recognizable because of my hat, pants and shirt... More tomorrow evening.

Ps. I get a copy of all pictures of the shoot..... Tedd
Old May 29th, 2018, 06:00 PM

Sounds interesting, but should be careful about signing any paperwork - what the photos will be used for & what they will contain. Hope all works out okay for you and your classic.
Old May 29th, 2018, 06:28 PM

Tedd,

I hope the opportunity works out well for you. I had a very similar offer from a local photographer, Mike Kass, that found me and my 56 T-Bird at a local weekly car show.

He was taking some close shots of the details of the car. I told him the best pictures would be of the continental kit on the rear of the car.

He quickly replied that would be true with a beautiful girl next to it. Well one thing led to another and soon we agreed on a photo shoot.

He knew a number of local models and he arranged with her and me on a time and place. We used my neighbors circular drive for the shoot.

The day before, I detailed the car like it was going to be shown at the Autorama. The day of the shoot, he arrived early to setup his gear and lighting.

Then Veronica arrived. OMG! Both she and the photographer do not do nudes. She did not need to. She likes to dress in 30’s, 40’s and 50’s attire. She’s a knockout.

What a great experience with my 56 T-Bird.

Hope your experience goes as well. Attached are a few of the shots. Enjoy!

BTW, You can find Veronica on the web under her stage name Miss V Haven.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
_MG_9052 - Version 2.jpeg (475.6 KB, 17 views)
_MG_9060.jpeg (108.9 KB, 15 views)
_MG_9072 - Version 2.jpeg (380.6 KB, 13 views)
_MG_9080 - Version 2.jpeg (231.3 KB, 10 views)
_MG_9117 - Version 2.jpeg (86.5 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by SWinner; May 30th, 2018 at 01:06 PM.
Old May 29th, 2018, 06:58 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Tedd:

You dirty dog. I get to have my car with a 95 year old former Oldsmobile dealer and you get some gorgeous model. I am jealous as I can be. I am anxious to see the pictures. Congrats.
Old May 29th, 2018, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by SWinner
The photo shoot went well and did not cost me anything.
Cost you anything??? Shouldn't he have paid you something? Heck, it was your car and your time. I'm sure the model was paid, and I doubt he took the time to set it all up and get her involved just to take some photos to hang on his den wall.
Old May 30th, 2018, 06:06 PM

I just got back from the photo shoot and for some reason I can't down load the pictures to my computer from my camera. I hate windows 10. It will happen but probably not tonight. The photographer must have taken 500 pictures or more and he will get me a good sample of the best shots he took, I don't want 500 pictures to load in my computer a few for the memories and to show around will be fine.

A good time was had by all, no bodies lost all there clothes but the model did get close.
The antique aircraft wasn't very antique ( Cessna 172) same type of plane I learned to fly in 40 years ago, didn't seem that old to me anyway. The Oldsmobile preformed flawlessly, she just sat there and looked good all day. The blowing wind didn't bother her at all not like the model who's hair was across her face most of the day.... More to follow.... Pictures later when I figure out why they didn't load...... Tedd