The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Lovely

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2017, 03:28 PM

Lovely

Old August 2nd, 2017, 06:00 AM

They started out in the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Music and movie studios are taking the Navy Yard over. There is still a lot of other industry there. FDNY Marine Division is also there. Good to see, as most of the buildings laid empty for years. Driving under the Brooklyn Queens Expressway after that, which explains why the air bag suspension is necessary. Potholes the size of small craters. Typical NYC roads. Nice ride. I'm going to try to check out Hamilton Autoworks. I bet he drums up some business from the vid. I'm about 15 miles from there, which equates to a 2 day drive around these parts. It's amazing how much you find is right under your nose when you watch these vidioe's. Thanks for posting.
Old August 4th, 2017, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by zeeke
They started out in the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Music and movie studios are taking the Navy Yard over. There is still a lot of other industry there. FDNY Marine Division is also there. Good to see, as most of the buildings laid empty for years. Driving under the Brooklyn Queens Expressway after that, which explains why the air bag suspension is necessary. Potholes the size of small craters. Typical NYC roads. Nice ride. I'm going to try to check out Hamilton Autoworks. I bet he drums up some business from the vid. I'm about 15 miles from there, which equates to a 2 day drive around these parts. It's amazing how much you find is right under your nose when you watch these vidioe's. Thanks for posting.
Hahaha crazy. I heard NYC is the worst place to have a car lol
Old August 4th, 2017, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by WB8588
I might contradict that. I was stationed at NAS Willow Grove, PA (just north of Philly) and everytime we drove into Philly, I thought I would have to fight my way back to the base. Those folks just didn't like my Texas tags on my car.
Old August 4th, 2017, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by WB8588
Why would anyone say such a thing. Could it be the insane insurance rates, additional charges at DMV for city road use, countless potholes, endless traffic, dodging cabs and insane drivers, unrealistic bike lanes, lack of places to park, quick yellows for the red light cameras to nail you, speed cameras incase you try to make the yellow, 2 traffic agents with scan-trons for every car so they can ticket you quicker, constant torn up roads, construction that starts 20 minutes after the last project is completed, pedestrians that walk around focused on their cell phones? Really, to say NYC is the worst place to drive is just insensitive.
Old August 5th, 2017, 07:05 AM

That video made me homesick for Brooklyn.
I love driving around that town...I know that's weird but if you rely only public transportation only for years...getting a car is special.

I parked my '88 sierra in front of my apartment for the last 8 years. It was a beater so I didn't really care. A few breakins' a few tickets, one in punt yard on Thanksgiving...all part of the joy.
-pete