The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The bear is back

Search this Thread

Old June 29th, 2017, 09:18 AM

The bear is back

A local bear makes his rounds every month or two and yesterday night was his day.He didn't get into my trash (because I don't put it out till the the morning of pickup) but he found my neighbors fishing boat a nice 20 footer sea going vessel and completely striped the upholstery out of it and ripped up his built in fish box. I guess it still smelled of fish from his last trip to the coast.

Three weeks ago we has a mountain lion trying to entice the dogs away from the house and into the dark. Just one of the cons of living in the sticks... Tedd
Old June 29th, 2017, 10:47 AM
72 Olds CS

a couple years back i had a small scaredy cat hanging around my birdfeeder every time i went by it would take off and watch me from 25 feet or so away ...after a couple days i figured it was a lost cat, so i snapped a couple pics of it in case i saw an ad for a lost cat. Looking at the pics i thought geez thats a fancy looking cat.

fast forward 6 months isee some fresh tracks in the snow, i search the internet for a match and see the bobcat matches the track..hmm what do those look like....oh its that cat isaw hanging around my feeder! ididnt recognise it as a wild cat as it was very young and hadnt fully developed the distinctive tufted ears and chin of the adults, also i never saw the rear end of the cat well enough to spot the bobbed tail.

i have a couple trail cams around my house and have spotted fox, bear, deer and fishercat but have yet to see that cat again!
Old June 29th, 2017, 11:07 AM

Bambo tries to plunder my summer apple tree nightly. Bambo will get crowssbowed in the fall.
Old July 2nd, 2017, 01:07 PM
MOTORHEAD

Originally Posted by koda
bambo tries to plunder my summer apple tree nightly. Bambo will get crowssbowed in the fall.

rug steak