The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

In like a lion

Search this Thread

Old March 2nd, 2009, 05:47 AM
Captain of my ship

Exclamation In like a lion

Well it is now March and it has come in like a lion here. If you go by the old saying "in like a lion ...out like a lamb" maybe there is hope spring will come soon. I am hoping for nicer weather before the official march 21 spring date. We have had a lot of snow and the pic posted here was taken a while ago. Since then I have pushed the snow into the back yard behind the tractor through the lane I had to make. There is twice the amount back there that you can see in the picture. I live at the base of the South Mountain ( molehill compared to the rockies ) and there is a ton of snow in the woods behind my house. if you went straight back you would not find a house for 4 km. just woods and big hill. that is bad news for getting water in my basement as normal so I spent the weekend cleaning up my sump pump , repairing hose and clamps and hoping it will keep up . I have 2 other pumps and hoses for backup just in case we get a big melt. Today we are starting to get the big storm pushing up from the eastern U.S. The bad news is they are calling for another system from the gulf stream to bring in warm temps later today and saying that we could get 40-50 mm. of rain. Right now it is snowing but the temp is just below freezing and will be well above this afternoon. If that is not bad enough there is a weather warning because when the 2 systems meet they are expecting winds to reach 120kmph ( about 75 mph ) . SO HOW IS THE WEATHER IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD? ARE YOU SICK OF WINTER YET? YOU GUYS IN CALIFORNIA AND ARIZONA AND AROUND THAT AREA ARE HAVING ANOTHER DROUGHT I HERE. HAS THE WEATHER SUCKED THIS PAST WINTER OR WHAT?? SORRY CAN'T FIND THAT PICTURE????
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:13 AM

Weather here in dallas has been variable. For the past month, warmer weather (60s, 70s, and 80) have appeared on weekdays and only windy 40's and 50's on weekends. It kills my weekends outside almost.
It gets cold around the weekend and warms up for when i go back to work. Last week on Wed and Thu i was sweatin' it big time getting my interior finished. It was 84 on Thu!
Rain has been very scarce, which sux cause i have to run the sprinklers to keep the ground cracks under control - odd for this time of year. Water is getting costly where i am at...
I think we are in for another drought year here (geez - we just got out of a big one last year!)...

Wolfman, feel free to send some of that melted white stuff over here - I can use all I can get.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:56 AM
Captain of my ship

Talking ship it

If I could figure out how to send it to you I surely would as we have way more than we need. According to weather experts this area is going to be wet this summer as well so I would love to share with those who need it more than we do , that way i will have more cruising days
Old March 3rd, 2009, 05:21 PM

Above freezing here but anything is possible. The farmers like it when the snow melts slowly and saturates the land. The winter wheat (that was planted in Sept) will start growing as soon as it warms up a little more.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 08:27 PM

Weather is great here in AZ. It actually got kinda hot here the last 2 days so I got the cooler running now.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 09:10 PM
Rocketeer Jr.

We got 2" of snow saturday night, and now they are calling for high 70's this weekend.

Just another tricky spring here in north Mississippi
Old March 4th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Registered

There's always that one guy from AZ that has to chime in.
It's 7 degrees here and supposed to be in the 50's by the weekend. Mother Nature will soon awaken from her long Winter slumber and burst forth in her full majesty..
The trees and bushes will soon be getting fuzzy with opening buds, spring peeper frogs and their sleigh bells sounds at night, perfect fresh and sunny spring days.
The sap has started running and the buckets are on all the Maples now. The sugarbush is always a fun place to visit, the snow and fresh syrup they give you is the original sno-cone. The local volunteer fire depts. pancake breakfasts with the freshly made Geauga County Maple syrup are starting, best in the USA/world, we have better temp variations than Vermont for it.
Winter is tough but it also makes you tough and gives you an appreciation for when it's nice and to make full use of every minute of it.
Better than living in a giant catbox with a heat lamp and it's too hot to go outside to even jump in the pool in the Summer, you can put a coat on when it's cold.
My wife has worked for thirty years at Progressive Insurance, it's based here so I have no choice anyway.
Old March 4th, 2009, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Wasted
Weather is great here in AZ.
Amen.

(-too bad I'm taking a "Vacation" in Ireland next week... DOH!)

PS. Anybody else watch Letterman the other night, where he showed the clip of like 50 news anchors all starting off segments with "March roars in like a lion...", "in like a lion", "roars in like a lion".... it was hilarious...LOL
Old March 4th, 2009, 05:55 PM

Actually got into the 50's this last weekend. Cleaned out the garage and if the temp holds will start on the disc brake conversion on the 57 this next weekend. need to get it out of the garage so I can get the 48 in to start on it. Tired of the TV