The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Looking for Help to let my dream become true!

Search this Thread

Old October 18th, 2016, 04:07 AM

Looking for Help to let my dream become true!

Hey Guys,

My Name is Niklas (Nick), I am from Germany, I am new here and I have a dream.

I admire and respect you guys so much - the force of will and the power of endurance to recreate or renovate an object which means so much to you is absolutely stunning and impressive.
I am not so much into classic cars & old-timers. I enjoy to look at them but I am not able to renovate or buy one by myself.

Well. But letīs talk about my dream:

I am in Love. Since 6 years now. Four months ago my girlfriend left me to start an au pair in America. She is really happy there - but we both feel, that the distance is annihilating our relationship bit by bit. We feel distracted - seperated - itīs just a strange feeling deep inside. If you loved another person and you had to spend a longer period without him or her, you know exactly what I tried to explain here.

So how can you help me?
I want to visit her. But I feel like just visiting her isnīt enough. She is worth so much more and I want to show her, that the time doesnīt changed a sh** of my emotions to her.
We both are big fans of supernatural (the tv series) and we both always talked about driving the "1967 Chevrolet Impala". We were surely just kidding around because we canīt afford such a car - but this is clearly a dream of us.

So what I asking you is this:
Can we borrow your car for one day? It doesnīt have to be a "
1967 Chevrolet Impala" - something similar would be so perfect too. In exchange I would do whatever you like. I will clean your yard, I will cook you some tasty German Dinner, I can give you money - tell me what you want and I will find a way to give it to you

So, If you yourself want to help me - or maybe you know somebody who could possible give me a hint how to make this dream become true, please let me know.

I would love to talk to everyone who might be interested. I have skype and we can surely talk there to get to know each other. I donīt want to prank or scam someone. If you feel any concerns you can always cancel the deal.

This would mean a lot to my. Maybe one of you can help me.

Btw. She lives in Maine, so you (or your friend) should live somewhere next to maine... the ideal case is you also life in maine already

Okay - I am really excited whether this will get real somehow

Thank you so much for reading that far.

Best
Niklas
Old October 18th, 2016, 06:46 AM

Niklas, I doubt you will be able to find a classic car rental service in Maine. You could surely find one in Las Vegas, NV or maybe even New York, NY. FWIW, I found this company which offers classic limos for proms, date, weddings, etc.

http://motorlandamerica.com/weddings/

As a classic car owner I would have to say I would be unwilling to "loan" or "rent" my car to anyone. The only people who drive my car besides me are my father or best friend.
Old October 18th, 2016, 09:31 AM

Hi Olds64,

Thank you so much for the quick respond. I try to open the link, but somehow the website appears to be down. I will keep on trying it ;D

Jeah, I know it will be really tough to find someone willing to "rent" his or her "holy grail" to a stranger. But I will stay optimistic

I would be perfectly fine, when the owner is with us, when we try out the car. It is really about the experience to drive with the car.

Thanks again !
Old October 18th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by Olds64
... I found this company which offers classic limos for proms, date, weddings, etc.

http://motorlandamerica.com/weddings/
Ah, yes. Tim & Tom. Without saying anything potentially defamatory, let's just say... well, I'll say nothing here.

Our current feud involves their screaming insistence that we sell a no-longer-for-sale non-automotive item to a friend of theirs at a price at which it had been for for sale months before, and which, due to market changes, is now very, very low. When we told them it was no longer for sale, a rolling, week-long fit ensued, culminating in a now-years-long "rotate head 180° when seeing us at the grocery store" thing.

They've got a lot of cars, most of which are surprisingly nice, and often very original (I have no idea where they get them), and may well be able to accommodate Nick's need.
Be aware that the price may be close to buying a beat-up old car, though.

Good luck, Nick. When I was your age, I found that long-distance relationships created unwarranted closeness, which resulted in fantastic break-ups when we finally saw each other's faces and realized we weren't the actual people we'd been thinking of for the past year.

- Eric
Old October 20th, 2016, 12:34 AM

Hi MDchanic!

Thank you. Even if it doesnīt sound so promising to rent a car there (after what you reported) but it will be appropiate for my purposes I guess .

Does the Website / Link work for you? I still canīt open it. Are "Tim & Tom" still in buisniss? I checked their Facebook page and their last post is from April in 2015 ??

Nick
Old October 20th, 2016, 03:00 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

They're still in business. They are completing construction on a large new garage as we speak.

I checked the web site and it worked fine for me.

- Eric
Old October 20th, 2016, 04:16 AM

Worked for me also!