The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Greatest Play in Baseball

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2009, 04:21 AM

Greatest Play in Baseball

From a by gone era

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrV8QPQAhxo
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:17 AM

Thats a good one
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Registered

Thanks Jamesbo. I would be happy to be remembered for that too.
My flag flies 24-7 correctly lit at night on a pole in front of my house. I'm no better than those who don't and are just as proud but I really wonder what's going on when people ask me why.
Old February 10th, 2009, 02:58 PM

These colors don't run, and they should never burn...not like that. Thanks for the history lesson.
Old February 10th, 2009, 03:22 PM
"me somebody" site member

I have a problem with the youtube poster's identification of the attempted flag burners as Muslims. They were not Muslims, and in fact their protest was not even a political one. It was a deranged and likely drunk man and his 11 year old son; the guy's protest had something to do with what he felt was the unfair imprisonment of his wife in a Missouri mental institution.

Its a shame that it wasn't enough for the youtube poster to celebrate the act of the baseball player in stopping the desecration of the US flag without the need to embellish.
Old February 10th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Captain of my ship

Youtube

Seems that someone is trying to gather up more hate for muslims? Americans have burned their own flag in protest over things like Vietnam for one example. The flag does not represent the government but it's people and those who choose to burn the flag insult all those( and their families ) who sacrificed their lives to preserve the freedoms that they enjoy. That includes protesting the government and their policies.america was founded and built by immigrants looking for a chance for their children to have a better life than what they fled from. To hate muslims because of some radical groups who happen to come from that part of the world would be like hate all irish for the I.R.A. when they placed bombs in London killing innocent bystanders!