The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Economy

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by derek nesdoly
You may want to check up on some stats about which countries get better health care.Interesting don't you think,that you are the ONLY developed nation on earth that DOESN'T have universal health care??!! Yes,you have the Cleveland clinic...neat that most of their top Orthopedic surgeons are from Canada[left for higher pay and more operating room time]. For all those who are suffering through this economy and it's financial hardships and have medical issues as well, it's comforting to know that at least north of the border,trying to figure out how to pay the medical bills won't enter into the equation....derek

It's called personal responsibiity and nobody is denied healthcare, it's the law, ask the Mexicans.
Just because everybody else does something doesn't mean it's right.
Would you jump off a cliff if everybody else did?

Move here and become a citizen and vote if you don't like it, then you have the right to complain and criticize, otherwise its just foreign badmouthing, seems to be the national sport up there.
I strongly disagree with the present administration, but like them or not there still family.
Old May 8th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Captain of my ship

Bush spending

I guess it depends on what you are spending money on. Bush spent hundreds of billions on a war with Iraq on the premise of "weapons of mass destruction". It was more about getting rid of Sadam Hussain and getting Iraqi oil. Meanwhile the terrorists in Afganistan are not wiped out but have been allowed to rebuild with the help of the Taliban. Also hundreds of billions in tax cuts to companies that move work out of the country and then take advantage of an international tax loophole by moving money around and not paying U.S. taxes. Reducing CO2 emissions by 20% would stabalize the global environment.Most American high school grads don't make it in college because there english comprehension is too poor. Medicare and Medicaide is costing the U.S. government more than any other country in the world per capita. My brother pays a little under 1000 a month for health care for him and his wife and daughter yet he waited 8 months for the insurance company to approve his last operation. he spent 1 day in hospital and he still had major out of pocket expenses. For example the hospital charged him $60 for a plastic jug of water?? At least he got to keep the plastic jug. You owe a sh**load of money now so why not try to fix it? The GOP's response is to move as far right as possible and as Rush says that any Republican who is liberal or moderate is a Democrate. Like he said about Colin Powell. If they are ever going to attract "new" voters then they have to stop moving themselves into a corner. How do you guys think they could reinvent themselves? Or do you think they are doing the right thing?
Old May 8th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Past Administrator

This is my fault, I take the blame. Heck, I think I even commented on this thread a while back. Should have known it is impossible to talk about the economy without bringing politics in. Anyway, I am fixing this problem with a gentle reminder and closing this thread. Read the banner on the top ladies and gentlemen.

"The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED."

Let's talk Oldsmobiles...