The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Yeah! went to the doc and got a good report

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2010, 09:00 AM
71 cutlass convertible

Yeah! went to the doc and got a good report

Got back from rhe docs office and got a great report. Two years ago had diebetes and high blood pressure. In the last 2 years have dropped over 80lbs changed diet and started exeriseing. Am now off of all medications for a year and everything is good. All numbers were the same or lower than last year. Just have to keep up what I'm doing.

Losing the weight isn't hard.
The will power to stay with it is the hard part.
Larry
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:33 AM

That is good new just stay with it. Same with me I lost 50 pounds last year trying to get my blood pressure down.
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well how wonderful!!! Congratulations!!!!! Once you set your mind to making the changes needed, it becomes easier. I try to eat "healthy" and keep away from the fats & cholesterol & sugars. If you know just how much sugar is in 1 gram, and you drink that can of pop with 34 grams of sugar - not good!!!! I switched to using Splenda in my coffee, "Lite" coffee mate, etc.... It really does help to read labels & understand them, and once you get used to the differences in things it just becomes second nature.

I still have an occasional can of Pepsi, a bowl of ice cream, or whatever, so I don't feel like I'm deprived. I just don't do it often. I also started working out last February, because I would come home from work, and it's dark so early... eat supper... sit on the couch, and doze off because there was nothing to do, and it felt like it should be 10:00 at 6:00! I said this can't go on. Eat and then sit down. Not good!!! So I started working out, watching The Fitness Channel, and have learned quite a bit. I feel guilty if I don't work out every night when I get home! I've stuck with it too, and found I actually enjoy it! I've also lost 15 pounds I didn't know I had to lose! That really makes me stick with the changes I've made.

I hope your story inspires someone else!!! That is a great thing you're doing!

I'm going to go out and walk now... the sun is out, and I enjoy walking also!! One of the best exercises you can do! Gotta have the "want to" though, and stick with it!
Old January 14th, 2010, 06:04 PM
GM Enthusiast

Congratulations. You are definitely in the minority. Most people who develop type 2 diabetes never can reverse the process. I'm sure you feel a lot better since losing the weight, and gives you more energy to work on your Olds.
Old January 15th, 2010, 07:52 AM

Congrats on the lifestyle change, and continuing health.
Old January 15th, 2010, 10:15 AM
71 cutlass convertible

Thanks everybody it was the kick in the butt I needed.
Larry