The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Teepo Wins At Our Last Show of the Season

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2011, 07:23 PM
Cutlass Lover

Teepo Wins At Our Last Show of the Season

It was a beautiful day - finally - for our last show this year. There were 150 cars registered. The show benefitted the Animal Protective League and it was a HUGE success!! They filled up the back of a pickup with donations of dog/cat food, litter, treats, old blankets and towels, paper towels, newspapers, etc... It was a wonderful thing!! They also got a lot of donations.

This is the most unusual "trophy" I have ever seen, lol! It's a little over 2 ft. tall, not counting the light. It's very heavy - all solid wood! Some had dogs and cats on them, some all dogs, some all cats, and all had different die cast cars on them. They all had the solar light on them. Guess you could sit them out on the deck or porch in nice weather, then they would light up at night. Like I said, very unusual!!

RavennaAPLShow10-23-11060.jpg
Old October 23rd, 2011, 07:39 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

Congrats!

You have had a very good season ,I enjoy looking at the photos you have been posting of your local shows. When I compare your area in Oh. to my area in In.,I can't help but to feel you all have a larger quantity of higher quality cars to enjoy viewing.

WoW! that trophy is unique,I've seen homemade trophies made from auto parts but never anything like this.

Congrats on a great season!
Old October 23rd, 2011, 08:48 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Nicely done Sandy. Nice to see you're also supporting a good cause. Almost time to put Teepo to bed for the season?
Old October 24th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Administrator

WTG Sandy!!!
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks guys! Yes, we've had a wonderful season this year. We went to 28 shows I think, (not counting week night cruise ins) and we got a total of 14 awards!! We do seem to have a heck of a lot of shows around here, and a heck of a lot of classic cars, for being in the rust belt, lol! Most of our shows support good causes, which is a great thing!! Now I can start saving money for next year's season, lol!

That award looks like something you'd find around a dock or something, doesn't it? Kind of nautical looking with the pilings and the rope around them..... very different, lol!

Allan R.... yes, I filled her tank yesterday - just have to add the Stable and wait for the yard to dry up so I can get her across it to the garage. She may be staying in the house garage for a while, and Tincanio will be sitting in the driveway in the elements, lol. The yard out back is soooooo wet.

Thanks again guys - we appreciate the support you all give us!
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:35 AM

Congrats Sandy,

Way to exit on a high note.
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:39 AM
CQR

Great finish to a great year. Good thing you have more than 1 garage. one for the car, one for the hardware.
Old October 24th, 2011, 07:47 AM

Congrats on your latest win Sandy. you probably have enough trophies to create a drive way to the barn. Just lay them end to end under each wheel track. That way you could look at them each time your put the car away and took it out again. Just a thought,
Old October 24th, 2011, 10:11 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Congrats Sandy Yay you!!
Old October 24th, 2011, 06:26 PM

Congratulations Sandy.