The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Proud of Home Depot for once

Search this Thread

Old July 3rd, 2011, 09:45 AM
car guy

Proud of Home Depot for once

Well for a week now I have been wanting to get a big *** fan for the shop before I spontaniously combust. So I have been watching CL and the classifieds but eveyone wants almost as much as a new one. I decided just buy one. Tractor Supply, Northern Tool and Home Depot all have a very similar 42" shop fan. I have been looking at all three and today noticed a key difference. The first two are made in China and the HD one is made in USA. Guess who got my business.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 10:24 AM

Here is what you need - fits your request perfectly...
http://www.bigassfans.com/
Old July 3rd, 2011, 10:34 AM
Senior Moment Member

If a wharehouse type of business like Costco put up a sign that read, "Everything we sell is made in the U.S.A.", I would shop there exclusively. I, as you, would buy the American fan. Nice to even have a choice which we usually don't. EVERYTHING seems to be made in China.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:14 AM

I just put in 4 yard hydrants i paid close to 3 times as much for made in usa tags. Pipe was made in mn too.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:25 AM

Sad to say most Americans don't care and shop price only. I work with alot of Municipalties and even they will buy offshore goods over US made to save money and using your tax dollars to do it.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:39 AM

i go USA every chance i get. if the price is within 15% it is USA for me. if the price is within around 10% it is anywhere but china for me. keep up the good work on paying attention.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:51 AM

The hangar I work in has eight Big *** Fans installed late last fall. They do help with airflow considerably and are not a bad option for your personal shop if the cost is not a concern. They do not however make the area "pleasant" per se just less stagnant. We also have a bunch of 48" Port-A-Cool watercooler fans for cooling the vicinity around the work area. These work very well, provide cool blast of air while you work wherever you choose. They are available in several sizes, usually are found on C/L reasonable, and according to their website are manufactured in Louisiana. Our GSE mech drove from Ft Worth down to Waco just last Friday to pick up one that was a year old for $1000 for using while doing body panel fab/assembly in his garage. He raved all last week about how much better the environment was this week. Of course as mentioned if you would like even more cooling the best scenario would be both BAF and PortaCool together,..........or just annie up the dough for central air!!!!!! Stay hydrated my friend
Old July 3rd, 2011, 06:59 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Here is what you need - fits your request perfectly...
http://www.bigassfans.com/
You beat me to it Rob. When Richard said "big *** fan" that was the first thing I thought of. Good for you Richard. I must say I am pleasantly surprised at Home Depot.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 07:42 PM
GM Enthusiast

I always prefer to buy American made products too. After all, we need to support our manufacturers if we are ever going to get this crappy economy moving again.