The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2019, 06:48 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Here's me ditching work. I have a funeral to go to on the other side of Alabama, so it will be an all day thing for me. Since the lead has been gone from work all week I never got around to finding someone else to put me in for the day off, so I texted the lead to say I was sick and had to stay home. He's actually there today which ticks me off, I wanted to give him an earful. By Monday it won't matter. Oh well.

Greg that's cool you're fixing up the barn. I have two buildings that would have had potential for a second floor. My garage at home and the shop. Both are holding up the roof with the pre-built trusses, so there is no room whatsoever for a second floor, or a lift for that matter.

Allan and Adrian what is that in front of you in the picture? Hope it didn't bite.

I would love to have everyone get together again but I suck at planning a party. Jamesbo I guess it's up to you to get it all together. Heck we could even do the same thing, Fox Theater and the Cyclorama. I'd like to see the Cyclorama in its new home. Might be better parking.

Kyle we'd call that a sugar maple up home. I haven't seen one since I've been in Georgia. I was going to plant a couple once and did some research, it said they should grow in Georgia just fine, but then I thought do I really want the helicopters all over everything? So I never planted them. Hey I could start a trend.

Well I'm gonna wash the car then take Tiger to jail then hit the road. Gonna be a long trip for just an hour or so service, but I'm doing it for the family. They've been good friends all these years I wouldn't miss it.

Hope everyone has a good Friday and weekend.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 06:49 AM

Morning all,

Ausraven, yes we need need a course up here to thread left hand. Great pics!!
Greg Rogers, well thats an hell of an idea. Them poplar logs were up there before?

Well back to my foundry today some time, after a pot of coffee, lol
Cheers boys!!!
Old May 3rd, 2019, 06:58 AM

Well the mower gets rid of lots so that helps. We have willow too, them more of a mess.
Whats your address? An older fellow that makes Manitoba maple syrup, will send you bottle of it.
Safe travels to Alabama, just too bad wasn't on better terms
Old May 3rd, 2019, 08:00 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Not much going on here today and although no snow (yay!) it's blustery outside and not very welcoming so might be another day to do stuff inside.

Marc - Spend it while you can I guess. When you retire and have less of an income stream it's not all that practical to take those kind of trips.

Greg - Good job. I was a bit surprised to see that the trees being used like that. Hopefully they don't develop rot or attract burrowing insects. That looks like a huge storage area / work space.

Mike - It's a sweater. Woof, woof, bark bark bark!! Down sweater, down! Actually it was very tame and didn't bite anyone..

Jim - Hey yours was in 2011. That was in 2018. Anywho, not a contest. I think I'm taller than you

Kyle - Good luck with the foundry.

Adrian - Always better doing some things yourself mate. Also know it's done right. That's interesting about the propane fill in Oz. Up here you're right about not having a lot of places that sell it. There used to be about 35 years ago when propane powered cars and trucks were the rage. Only thing about those were they would crater the engine faster and not allowed in parkades. Of course then propane was also only around 12¢/L Now the rage is battery powered cars and Hybrids. I bermember my 1980 Diesel VW Rabbit. Now that was a thing to marvel at starting in the winter.Sometimes had to run the glow plugs through 2 cycles in really cold starts, and then it would chug to life spewing clouds of blue/white smoke till it smoothed out. I'm sure the neighbors loved that That little sucker ran nice though and on the highway it would get an honest 22km/L of go juice . It was also a 5 speed. Kinda miss that car. I sold it a year after I bought it for almost the same price.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 08:02 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Oh Lord, I jess opened de shutters and saw that 'stuff' coming down - again.... sigh....
Old May 3rd, 2019, 11:50 AM

Thanks Allan!!!!
Well my grinder bit my finger, so on hold. So sitting in emergency until they install a ripper on my finger. Lol
Than get back to it
Old May 3rd, 2019, 11:54 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Kyle's77cutlass
Well my grinder bit my finger...
Ooops. Ouch!
Old May 3rd, 2019, 12:00 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Safe Travels Mike. Good to hear that the family are friends. It makes things tough in one way and good in another. Tough to see them bury one of their own, but good to see the support from friends who care.

Kyle - Lessee now. Forge is fire, but you need all your fingers. Sorry to hear you got your finger damaged. How did that happen, or do we want to know? I suspect you put it down on something and it walked because I usually have to hang onto my grinder with both hands. It puts out a lot of torque on that disc.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 12:09 PM

Was cutting a small pipe on an angle, dam left index finger got in the way. Cut it under the knuckle, bad spot. Totally my fault, took the guard off and didn't put it back on. And apparently zip cuts dont cauterize wounds.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 12:24 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Yikes! I guess that's one reason I leave the guards on my cutting stuff. Hope the Dr can get it under control and you're going to be ok.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 12:31 PM
Running On Empty

The guy walking along the beach sees a boat approaching the shoreline then a hot good looking gal jumps off and walks onto the beach. They strike up a conversation & she asks when's the last time you had a good cigar? To which he replies about ten years ago. She reaches into her satchel, pulls out a fine Cuban Bolivar and hands it to him.

She asks him when's the last time you had a good whiskey? To which he replies about ten years ago. She reaches into her satchel, pulls out a bottle of Dalmore 62 and hands it to him.

She unbuttons her blouse & begins unsnapping her shorts and asks him when's the last time you played around? To which he replies - don't tell me you have a set of clubs?
Old May 3rd, 2019, 12:50 PM

Lol funny 1!!!!

Yep finger be stitched up soon, back at er in no time.
Be putting the gard back on when I get home
Old May 3rd, 2019, 01:46 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Afternoon Guys:

Man there is a lot of chatter on here today. Mike, sorry to here about the loss of a friend. You are a good man to make that drive and express your condolences. A lot of people would not do that. Safe travels. Kyle, hope the finger heals quickly. I was replacing mixing valves in a couple of our showers last week. They are both upstairs. The first one went like a piece of cake. The second was from hell. In addition to losing my balance and falling out of the tub and getting a huge bruise on the left side of my behind. I cut the knuckle of my middle finger on my left hand on the jagged edge of the tile and I bled like a stuck pig. In addition I used the soap dish to push up on and it came off the wall. I got done and the stupid thing still doesn't work.
Adrian I can't believe it is still snowing. Lucy and I went for our walk this morning and I was in tee shirt and shorts and sweeting like crazy when we got back. Not too much going on here today. We had the Glass Doctor out yesterday to see about repairing some of the window we have that have fogged. No way I am replacing all the windows in this house. It would probably be in the neighborhood of $30,000 - $40,000. They are going to replace 18 panels for $3,000. I can live with that. My cigar lighter in the Olds was out and I fixed that a short while ago. The fuse is an inline fuse behind the lighter up under the dash. Somehow I managed to get my head up under the dash and replace the fuse. I hope my back doesn't have a relapse. Going to a car show tomorrow. I think I have changed my mind on the one I am going to and opting to the one closest to home. I went last year and it is a fun show. I will probably take the canopy since it is in a concrete parking lot.
Have a good one everybody.
Glenn
Old May 3rd, 2019, 04:20 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Norm, Maybe your radiator cap isn't holding pressure?
Greg - So, this is another follow-up to a follow-up. Thanks for suggesting the radiator cap. The system is holding pressure wonderfully. After I purchased the vehicle (July '2018) I noticed on several occasions some boiling over of coolant - sometimes minor (16 oz) sometimes major (32-48 oz) - this was all before I replaced the intake manifold gasket. I knew there must be an issue with cooling and decided (from years of previous experience) it might likely be the thermostat (since I recall how often they would go belly-up). So I changed the thermostat (195*F) and it really didn't seem to have helped any. Then, I elected to do the whole intake manifold, distributor rebuild, oil pump & intake tube, etc.). Not because of the cooling issue, because the intake manifold was leaking as was the oil pan. After I reassembled it all, I noticed it was still boiling over on occasions - mostly when at idle for extended periods of time in the garage while adjusting dwell, timing & carburetor. On a couple occasions while it was running, I grabbed the top radiator hose from the thermostat housing and noticed it wasn't quite flat - but it could be compressed significantly. I thought to myself - well, self, that just doesn't seem right. If the water was circulating through the radiator and into/out of the engine, that top radiator hose should be nearly solid - or, at least 'firm' - with water running through it. It had me baffled since I changed to a 180*F thermostat when I replaced the intake manifold.

Next, I told you guys here in the Good Morning Thread and you suggested the radiator cap. Damn if you weren't spot-on. I changed it what now - a couple weeks ago? I've had no coolant overflows AT ALL; and, the top radiator hose is 'firm' - as it should be. All-in-all, that radiator cap was bad, and not allowing the cooling system to build and maintain pressure.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; May 3rd, 2019 at 04:34 PM. Reason: clarity
Old May 3rd, 2019, 04:38 PM
Oh no, not again...

Glenn, - sounds like you're having a bad go of it; - hope the car show works out and your back is still cooperating. Nothing worse than sitting in a bad chair at a car show in agony.

Mike, - good luck on your trip; drive carefully! That's a decent thing to do, drive all that way, I'm sure the family will respect it.

Kyle, - that's gotta hurt! And yeah, it'll leave a mark. Dare I ask which finger? Better not be one of the middle ones, could be a bit of trouble if you show it off.

Adrian, - neat pictures, cool!

Allan, - yeah, we got quite a bit of that white crap here in the 'Park. When is this winter planning on ending? Oh wait, it's gotta be climate change, I enjoy paying $600 utility bills and doing my bit to ensure pollution isn't free. I'm sure my utility company is doing the same and not passing the extra taxes on to hard working people like me. I think I'm going to be sick...

Norm, - good one!

Greg, - absolutely brilliant idea!

Jamesbo, - have a safe trip!

I'm gonna try and drive a convertible to Red Deer tomorrow; - hopefully it doesn't snow. Looks like it's fixing to dump on us again...
Old May 3rd, 2019, 06:20 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Marc - The Red Deer annual swap meet? Ken is headed down there too. I've been to it and honestly didn't see much of anything for Olds. But then you're probably looking for Buick stuff. Have a good trip and score some loot!

Glenn - I suspect you meant me instead of Adrian. The temp in his neck of the woods is a pleasant 73° and lows in the mid 50's so I doubt they'll even see a hint of snow.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 07:04 PM
Oh no, not again...

Allan, yes, the one and the same. I'm taking my boy down to look at some projects and cars. He's at the age where he's getting interested in cars and doing something with a motor. I don't usually find anything there either, Buick bits are a little scarcer than Old parts. (No one restores a Buick! LOL) Unfortunately Alberta is good Chevy and Mopar country, you can go to that meet and find every part you could ever think of for a 69 Dart or a 68 Camaro.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 08:40 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Allan, you are absolutely correct in that I meant you and not Adrian. Sorry for the mistake and for your weather.
Marc, things are not as bad as I might have make them sound. Our house is 21 years old and we bought it new. It is at the point it is requiring some maintenance and I hate plumbing. We are trying to stay ahead of the curve on maintenance.
Glenn
Old May 4th, 2019, 06:53 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Yaay! Sun and blue skies this mawnin but -4 at the moment. Supposedly next week the magic starts with temps up to around 20.That will almost be a shock to the system.

Glenn - I hear ya on keeping ahead of the game with house maintenance. I've done plumbing here too. Haven't needed to replace the mixing valve on the shower and hopefully if will last because that would require ripping out some drywall. The last 2 maintenance projects we have to do this year (and then we'll be good for the next 20 years?) is the garage roof insulation and the concrete lift by the front steps. Usually when the windows 'fog' they have lost their seals and insulation ability. 18 panels for $3000? That's a steal. What size glass, and are they dual pane Low E? The windows I'm replacing are 48"x48" and it costs $5800 for 5 windows.

Marc - That's cool that your son is starting to get interested in cars and tinkering. Also nice that he's interested in the older generation cars instead of tuners.

Kyle - You all fixed up and back to normal?

Gotta go look through my picture files and find some stamping pics to post some pictures for Dave and Norm.
Old May 4th, 2019, 06:58 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Allan R
Gotta go look through my picture files and find some stamping pics to post some pictures for Dave and Norm.
I've been up since 4am (working on house maintenance & applying top dressing to my Indian) and not once thought about looking for those stamps. I'm getting to ready play 18 and I'll take a dash into the man-cave, pop the hood & see if I find anything at first glance.
Old May 4th, 2019, 07:05 AM
Running On Empty

Nope. Nothing after a general once over examination. Time to establish priorities - golf wins.
Old May 4th, 2019, 08:06 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Morning Guys:
Allan, the windows are pretty much standard size windows and double pane. Two of them have an arched top. What they do is remove the section or panel that is fogged and replace it. They do not remove the actual window frame from the house. No way I was going to replace all these windows. They warranty them for 5 years which will work for me. Fortunately the insurance company replaced our roof about 5 years ago due to hail damage. Total including some interior repair from water leakage was about $22,000. I will be heading out in a couple hours to the car show today. It rained a lot last night but today is outstanding with a high of 79.
Norm, have a good round and I hope everybody else also has a good day.
Glenn
Old May 4th, 2019, 08:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Glenn - I had that same process done about 12 years ago. But the windows aren't as energy efficient as they should be. Our warranty on them was 10 years, but the new windows are lifetime (for the original owner and also transferable to the new owner). I can either keep the old windows and send them to habitat or send them away as part of the installation contract. I'll call Habitat and ask them if they can be used, as they're better than nothing at all, but they don't meet the ABC new building code here anymore.The way you're describing it is the windows have what are called 'glass stops'. They remove those which exposes the sealed glass. That gets removed, new sealed glass goes in, and the glass stops are replaced. Have fun at the car show. With all that rain it might be humid.
Old May 4th, 2019, 09:25 AM
Always room for one more

Hi Everyone.

Long day yesterday, but a good one. Trip out and back was uneventful, and not as long as I had thought. I was gone right at 16 hours. No way was Tiger going to be happy. Just got back from picking him up.

So I thought this was odd. I met my friends at the church. The "funeral" which they called a Rememberance of Life, was in Fellowship Hall. It was really just a sort of reception, people came in, talked awhile, and left. There was no service, no preacher, no music. Cookies and water and coffee were set up. After everyone left I went with the family to dinner, then back to the house just to hang out a little while. I haven't seen these people for quite awhile, though I speak to my friend on the phone and email, so it was nice to be together. His dad was absolutely his hero and I figured he'd fall apart. He was actually taking things pretty well. Of course the dad had been sick for years, and they watched him decline so I suspect they all did their grieving long ago. Lots of people, including the mom, said they were surprised I made that long trip. (I hate to tell them, 4 hours ain't nothing) I'm really glad I went.

Norm glad you got the overheating under control. Sometimes it's the easy stuff that trips us up.

Kyle glad the finger is still attached. I took the guard off my 4 inch grinder, put a 5 inch disc on it, and proceeded to cut a notch in my knee. It didn't bleed at first, and I just looked at it and thought, that's gonna leave a mark. Yep, several years later and it's still pretty prominent. I didn't tell anybody.

Beautiful out today, and a bit warm. I've got a lot to do out front. One thing is cut roses. There's a couple rose bushes that have gone rebel, with vines that are almost an inch thick, and thorns like daggers. But they have produced the most beautiful pink roses. This is the first year in ages that's happened. My Mom always said once a rose goes wild it won't produce flowers anymore. Now if they'd only stay nice for another week I take them down to my Mom for Mother's Day.

Okay have a good afternoon everyone.
Old May 4th, 2019, 04:33 PM

Mild and sunny today, but still too chilly, running about 10° below normal for now and through the end of May. I really would like to see some consistant 70° temps dang it. Picked up several bags of topsoil. Leveled off the area where that japanese yew was last fall. Threw down some grass seeed and watered the heck out of it. Hopefully the finches don't think that it is a food fest, and maybe I'll get some greenery in a couple of weeks.
Old May 4th, 2019, 06:23 PM
Oh no, not again...

Just got back from Red Deer, - should have been called White Deer. There was 2 inches of snow on the ground, and it was almost a whiteout in some places. Great weather for the 4th of March, oh wait, it's May? Really? You're BS-ing me, there's no way it can be when you have to drive through a blizzard. Yeah, it's gotta be Global Warming that's the culprit for all of this, it's gotta be that. The "science" is settled...yeah sure. My poor convertible has never seen snow, but it did OK. We had the heat on, the outside thermometer said that it was about 32 or 34 degrees out. Up here in Edmonton, it was nice, cool, but no snow or a chance of it. Not so when I got south of Leduc into Wetaskiwin County, there there were a couple of inches still on the ground, and the shoulders were snowy. It just got worse from there on in.

So the swap meet was interesting, it was well attended, (there was also a gun show next door) and there was quite a bit of the usual stuff. Lots of SBC crap, lots of Mopar and pony car stuff. Nothing much for the bigger cars, as was expected. No Buick stuff, and virtually no Olds stuff to speak of. Ironically, there was a grille from a 53 Super 88 there, and there was one 1950 Olds 2 door coupe for sale; - someone had put a Pontiac into it and ruined it. I managed to get a carb kit for my 67 Wildcat, an early 4MV kit. So does anyone have a sure fire way for checking if the well plugs are leaking? I think mine might be, the car uses an inordinate amount of fuel. Anyway, that was about it for parts. Lots of literature, memorabilia, "man-cave" furniture, everything but car stuff. And what car stuff there was there, most of it was pretty low quality and fairly common junk, door handles, trim bits, window cranks and steering wheel rings of every imaginable shape and size, except for Buick and Olds stuff, - nada, nix; - didn't see a thing.

One thing I might chase down, I found a guy who is selling cheap old Ford trucks. I have a soft spot for mid-seventies Ford pick-ups, I've owned about 1/2 a dozen of them over the years, and there's a guy down south who has a whole yard full of them, including a nice rebuildable 76 Ranger XLT extended cab long box, a "Camper Special". Apparently it's in pretty good shape and just needs a tranny overhaul because reverse is gone. To top it off, they're going to toss in another C-6 to sweeten the deal. I just might have to go and get that one, I've always wanted one. Sure, I'm not too thrilled about the 460, but with the right amount of tuning it can be woken up from being the slug that it is.

Yes, I'm aware that this is an Oldsmobile site and not something else...but there were no Starfires there. I might have to go to Olds for that. The last time I went there there were only 3 vintage cars that had shown up, the rest was dealership stuff. Does that meet still go on, and is it well attended?

Anyway, that's about it for me today, have a great evening!
Old May 4th, 2019, 07:16 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Nailheadcanuck
I have a soft spot for mid-seventies Ford pick-ups
Marc, I have a soft spot for Ford trucks, as well. They accommodate the nicest cargo.

Old May 4th, 2019, 08:04 PM
Oh no, not again...

Sweet!
I wouldn't mind being taken for a ride with that!
Old May 5th, 2019, 03:52 AM

Hi guys, weather been nice and sunny last couple days. Hoping to get docks in today. Mine should be easy as it rolls in, I told new neighbor ( guy who bought our cabin) that I would help him with his(my old one)- that one is a pain, also other neighbor's is a pain, oh well we all help each other....
Yeah the barn project is still on going, though I feel a lot is accomplished with the beams in...
Mike, sorry to hear of the loss of your old friend, as you know it only gets worse. As a kid you lose your grandparents, later you lose your parents/ aunts,uncles, then you lose your friends/ siblings. Such is life. I'm sure the family was very appreciative of you taking time to come and honor your friend. Personally, I like the idea of a non religious service that is about the deceased instead of about religion. I have been to services where the preacher there feels it is the best time to "save" the friends of the deceased from damnation. Ok enough....anyway...
Kyle and Allan, yep the logs were already up there. The original barn was built around 1950. I assume those logs were from the property. They are planed on 2 sides to be 5 1/2" thickness of a 2x6. My neighbor has been coming up here since 1947 and remembers putting hay bales up there as a kid. The logs aren't bug infested and are solid though they are poplar and aren't as hardy as pine. I plan to use them to support the 2nd floor.
Norm, glad to hear you got the Olds fixed- good job! Wow nice cargo in that Ford!!
Marc, As far as I am concerned you are welcome and encouraged to discuss what ever you want, I find your entries entertaining and knowledgeable. I think most of us Olds guys also love other old cars and trucks, and even time pieces!!
Old May 5th, 2019, 07:49 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Quiet at the Awful house today. Found out they are charging a buck fifty instead of a buck for a dog burger now. Tiger is going to have to earn that extra half dollar now.

Rained over night but not doing anything now. It's actually quite nice out. It's still a muddy mess out but I have plenty to do inside.

Marc ever since you said you wanted a 62 Starfire, I see them everywhere. Always a handful on ebay, see them on various car sights. There's a guy that's my neighbor at the shop who's redoing one. It's going to be beautiful when he's done, I saw it when he first got it. Not beautiful. His is a convertible. They all seem to be maroon.

Norm that beats a camper top any day.

Okay gotta make things happen. Tonight is a school night. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old May 5th, 2019, 08:28 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

A little on the brisk side this mawnin but at least no snow. I'm heading out to Sherwood Forest later today to renew my membership in the Northern Lights Olds Chapter. Chance to touch base with Ken and see if he managed to scoop anything other than snow at the Red Deer swap meet.

Marc - yes the show is usually very well attended. Most I've seen is around 75 cars. Keep in mind it's an exclusive Olds show so only cars that are Olds are allowed in. Sometimes there are others that park on the road next to the show because they are too cheap to buy the $10 admission. 76 Camper Special only came with the 460 and C6 if I remember. They're nice trucks and talk about long. You're right the 460 isn't exactly a fuel friendly engine but you might also want to look at what gears it's pushing at the rear end. I think they have a Dana rear and may be geared for highway which may explain why it's a bit of a slug. Sort of like comparing a Cutlass with a 455 and 2.56 rear end. Bit of a slug off the line but lots of top end power.

Mike - Perfect timing on the roses. That was the same day as the Kentucky Derby. Remember the song "Run for the Roses"? I love that song. Hopefully the roses will last long enough to take some to your mom. That must be a huge rose bush if it has branches that thick
Old May 5th, 2019, 09:30 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Guys:
Allan, thanks for the video. I was a Dan Fogleberg fan and still have one of his vinyls. Great song and some beautiful horses.
Marc, a guy in our Olds club just sold his 62 Starfire coupe he had owned for 43 years. I have rode in it and it was a very nice car. It was white with a blue top and he sold it for $16,500. If I had a place to put it I would have bought it. I love 62 Starfires. A dealer in Wisconsin bought it and then flipped it to somebody in Houston. I have to tell you that I think Buicks rate right next to Oldsmobiles. I probably mentioned I worked for a Buick dealer for 2 years right out of high school. I love the Buicks. Great cars.
Norm, nice taste in trucks. Is that one of your neighbors. If so we will all probably be coming for a visit.
Mike, I hope the roses hold out until Mothers Day. I hate trimming rose bushes. I am always going to come out bleeding. Yellow ones are my favorite and maybe that is because I live in Texas. Have a good day guys.
Glenn

https://www.bing.com/search?q=yellow...FORM=QBLH&sp=1
Old May 5th, 2019, 10:18 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by redoldsman
Is that one of your neighbors. If so we will all probably be coming for a visit.
Old May 5th, 2019, 10:48 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Glenn - I'm sure he wrote that song especially to commemorate the Kentucky Derby which ran yesterday. I had a friend on CO many years ago whose screen name was Shimmer. He had 2 dogs - one was his wifes and one his. He called his pup Shimmer which was his original screen name. Somehow his data got screwed up and he had to start another screen name - going by his real name which was Al Graaf and he was restoring a 1971 442. We shared many thoughts on the site and also became good friends off site. I never got to meet him but we corresponded through email. Every year we would bet on the Kentucky Derby and every time, neither of us won. Hahaha. But one year he sent me a 'care package' with KD memorabilia which I still have to this day. He liked the color presentation of my signature 442 that he decided to paint his car exactly the same which I thought was a nice tribute. Towards the end of our correspondence he shared with me that he had a terminal cancer which he went to TX for treatments for. I only heard back from him another 3 times and was sad when his link went silent. This is his from his bio - showing his love for the 2 pups. I guess this was a special occasion with that BD cake shaped like a bone.

Old May 5th, 2019, 10:57 AM
Running On Empty

Run For The Roses
Old May 5th, 2019, 11:01 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Allan R
...one year he sent me a 'care package' with KD memorabilia...
That's one hell of nice fella.
Old May 5th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Thanks Allan. What a nice and thoughtful person. Those are the ones that are really hard to lose but leave great memories. Thanks for sharing.

Glenn
Old May 5th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Running On Empty

No golf today as we've had intermittent thunderstorms/showers
I spent the past several days top-dressing the leather on my other riding passion. I believe it needs a road test. I think they have a double-dip mint chocolate chip cone w/ my name on it at our local General Store.
Old May 5th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Norm, that thing is absolutely gorgeous. My wife has been very tolerant over the years but she drew the line in the sand when it came to motorcycles. It doesn't matter anymore because I am too old to ride. Enjoy your ice cream but most importantly the trip.
Old May 5th, 2019, 12:47 PM

Norm, I believe your Ford truck will haul A$$

Allan You may be taller but I'll bet my wife is taller than you wife. For that matter anyone else;s wife

Gonna try to smack whitey in the a.m then do an LA turn around and run back norte to take my 94 YO friend to the oral surgeon

Have a great day Olds frineds

I'll check back in when I land