The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 15th, 2018, 01:40 PM

I;m so cold, I bought a red flannel shirt today.

Unfortunately, I got this song stuck in my head

Old November 15th, 2018, 01:58 PM
Always room for one more

That's okay Jamesbo, just have some spam and eggs.
Old November 15th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I;m so cold, I bought a red flannel shirt today.Unfortunately, I got this song stuck in my head
So does that mean you wear a bra, heels and press wild flowers???? Cheer up, you could be living in Alberta!! BTW, a red/black plaid shirt means you'd have to live Ottawa (nations capitol) if you lived in Canada.

I just spoke with Brian a short while ago. He's in great spirits and doing very well, all things considered. One of his projects that was put on hold is a 54 Chevy that he wanted to restomod. Problem is he ended up doing a 7 year nut and bolt restoration on a 69442 Convertible and before that he restored a 79 Hurst Olds. Those and his regular work commitments, plus house renovations took a toll on his time and bank account. He's asked one of his daughters to take charge of finding someone or a shop that will do the finishing on the 54 so it can be completed while he has time on this earth. He's in MD, and I have no idea of what kind of shops would do a charity project like that. I remember when I watched shows like Overhauin that would do projects like this to deserving individuals, and I wonder if there are others that would consider taking it on. What's really sad is one of his daughters is expecting her first child and Brian has shared his sadness that he won't be a part of that childs growing years. He knows that glioblastoma cancer can't be cured, but is hopeful that the oncology, radiology and positive mental attitude will help extend his time on this planet more than the normal 1-3 years. Your continued thoughts and prayers are appreciated for Brian. He's a wonderful guy I respectfully call my brother from another mother.
Old November 15th, 2018, 06:38 PM
Oh no, not again...

A pretty quiet day here, nothing much going on. Last night was a postmortem on the coin show; - learned a few things.
I think I'm getting that flu that Allan had; - I feel like I've been hit by a truck or was in a bad bar fight last night, Oh well...
I think I'm done for the day...
Old November 16th, 2018, 05:53 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone

Yuck! It started snowing yesterday evening and dumped a couple inches of white. Commute this morning will be another road trip from hell.

Marc - I hope your sickness is brief. It's not a lot of fun and I can relate to what you're saying.

My missus and I were going to see the new J.K. Rowling's film Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindenwald today but we decided that we'll wait till next week. The showing today will likely be packed with school kids, and the showings are all 3D which I don't care for. next week the showings have options for 3D or regular. Just have to pick the showtime that suits. We're going to take the early shows at 4:10 pm and maybe hit a restaurant on the way home instead of having to cook. Not the best date night but still not bad.
Old November 16th, 2018, 06:31 AM

Headed norte,

Hauling the pressure washer back to store up norte

Gonna cook up sum cornbread dressing fer T-day

Allan, My shirt's too small, gonna give it away to a dude in the mountains, then everyone will think he's from Ottawa

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old November 16th, 2018, 06:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, I saw the thread you were talking about.
Hmmm, ya could always buy a shirt that's a size bigger? I imagine you alredy got de ax ya need, but yewd also need a toque, jeans an lumberjack boots. An also ya gotta let yer stubble grow a bit. Mebbe buy de shirt in blue and black checker pattern
Old November 16th, 2018, 06:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Ah hahahahahahaha! I just looked outside after my brekkie of champions....it's friggin snowing again...great, just great.
Old November 16th, 2018, 08:43 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Busy morning even though we haven't had a lot of wheels. We started out with a large number then figured out we didn't have that many, so we should be finishing up here any time. Still not bad for a Friday.

Cold as a mother this morning, one degree above freezing. I don't like it but it's funny to hear these young types saying it's so cold they can't believe it. I tell them I knew temps of -50 and windchill of -80. They don't believe me.

Marc get better quick. Sick and cold out, no.

Well let's see what's going on here. See ya.
Old November 16th, 2018, 12:12 PM

Morning all, starting to warm up again at the end of this week. Beginning wasn’t too bad.

Friends from the white north, I said 37 not 27 lol. 27 is ok but when your standing in the shade sweating you know it’s too damn hot lol.

Got some more study done on my days off this week. Haven’t done much since grandad passed as I was concerned about getting his estate in order. Tinks mother found out about his passing so now we have to see if she is going to contest the will or not.

Jim you can have all the heat you want mate, I don’t want any of it 😁

Time to start work, have a good one everybody
Adrian.
Old November 16th, 2018, 12:59 PM
Just an Olds Guy

A good way to end the week with a blowout win at the Saville. I scored a massive 4 points in the 5th end, and stole 2 in the next so 8-2 was the final. The other team decided it was enough and elected to shake hands early.

The drive to curling was a nightmare. Traffic was basically ok and everyone was pacing themselves really nicely, although there were a few jerks who thought AWD, TC, and ABS meant they were impervious to anything. The Henday was so icy it felt like if I shifted in my seat it would change the course of the car. Slightly white knuckle most of the way in a nasty driving condition. The Whitemud West was in better shape but still really bad. I was impressed that I never saw any collisions all the way there and back.

Got home and parked on the street so I could clear the driveway. Unfortunately the snow had compacted quite a bit so I used my scraper to break it up, then the snowblower to clear it, and followed up with the shovel to get the leftovers. While I was out front (about 35 minutes) the missus texts me to pick up some fresh bread on the way home.....I went inside and asked if she was serious.

Mike - So you're saying it was just above 32° at your place this morning? I'd take that and wouldn't call it cold either after what we've been through. This morning when I went out to start the Sonata, it was 9°F here and wind chill likely made it feel closer to 2 or 3°. And this is spoda be our 'warm' snap before it gets cold again.

Adrian - 37° is too brutal mate. I'd be running for the pool or the comfort of inside AC. I realize it equates to 98.6°F which is spoda be the normal temperature inside our bodies but it just feels too hot. Can't you hardly wait to get over to Canada?? Hope Tink's mom doesn't cause a fuss, that would be a shame to drag out something that could be easily resolved. I think I remember you talked about her in one of our conversations. I sincerely hope all goes well and the estate is settled quickly. Good luck with the continued studies.

Marc - It's not a flu, it's a nasty strain of cold. You'll probably feel terrible for about 5 days and slowly recover over the next 5 or 6. Nice hot soaks in the shower or bath seemed to help me a lot. That and plenty of Buckley's 'complete'. If you can stay inside cozy and warm (wrap a blanket around you) and curl up by the fire? That and drink LOTS of fluids. Flush out the system in no time just like flushing a rad..

Wonder if John lurks in the background and just reads these threads. Most of his activity over the past while has been to help another fellow with his 64 Starfire or related topics. I hope all is well with him in da swamp.
Old November 16th, 2018, 02:06 PM
Always room for one more

Anybody know how to get a little cloisonné medallion done, maybe 1"x2" ? Think the little thing in the middle of a Ferrari hood. Actually, that's exactly what I want to do. Saw a picture of Eugene the Jeep on the hood of the Jerrari a little while ago, and thought that would be cool to put on the hood of the dogmobile. Find a picture of a German Shepherd head and then have TIGER written in Ferrari-style underneath it. Then I'd always be paranoid that someone would try to pry it off. Eh, add that to the list of things I'm paranoid about.

Any ideas who does this sort of thing?
Old November 16th, 2018, 02:08 PM
Always room for one more

Old November 16th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hmmm, if you had 'Tiger" written under the picture someone would likely think it's Tiger Woods playmobile and steal the whole thing....? Ya never know nowadays. Cool picture of the Jeep and Jerrari BTW. It's quite novel.

Have you seen the thread on C.O. about the Ford Badges?? Ford Badges - Classic Oldsmobile
Old November 16th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Always room for one more

Oh how funny is that. I don't want a badge, I want to "recreate" the Ferrari thing. But how fun would it be if you had a few extra dollars to get several of those and walk around a parking lot putting them on deserving cars.
Old November 16th, 2018, 05:40 PM

Time will tell I guess Allan.

Currently sitting at 25 but we’re looking at an afternoon thunderstorm so it’s muggy as. You’d love this weather Allan, staying indoors all day with the aircon on full blast lol.

Hopefully you sort out your wet wood problem soon Mike. It’s not as fun in the cold without a fire to stair into with a whiskey in ya hand 😁

Halfway through my shift now so I guess I better get back to it,

Adrian
Old November 16th, 2018, 07:58 PM
Oh no, not again...

Thanks for the wishes-well guys, I'm feeling marginally better today. Had a bear of a commute today, very icy on the highway. And cold, and snow. Why do I live here?
Gonna take some of Allan's advice, I'm going to sit by a fireplace. Going to be sipping cherry whiskey as opposed to Buckley's though, can't stand the idea of drinking something that will leach nickel out of rock.
At any rate, I'm going to turn in early; - have a good weekend!
Old November 16th, 2018, 09:37 PM

Used to listen to the Monty Pythons Flying Circus albums back in the day, always a laugh. Allan, there is Garage Squad on the Velocity network that does a lot of those types of restos. They frequently help out with stalled projects, and for those in need of help who can no longer do it themselves. I believe that family and/or friends contact them with the request for help.
Old November 17th, 2018, 06:00 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Not sure what's good about 1°F though. Plenty o frost on the cars but as luck would have it I don't have to go anywhere today so staying inside where it's a pleasant 71° seems like a no brainer.

Dan - Thanks for that tip. I'll pass it along. I forgot to mention in regards to your roof. Although we don't need permits to do those kinds of jobs it does help a lot with the insurance when they can see we've done our part to protect the house with upgraded shingles. When we had our hot water tank replaced, again no permit required since it wasn't changing sizes. But the furnace upgrade to High efficiency did require a permit which was included in the cost of the furnace install. The sump pump I replaced on my own as its not a big job and I can't see paying someone over $700.00 when I can do the same job for the cost of the pump and a few fittings. The cost of your roof is almost the same as ours. We went with 50 yr high impact shingles, full perimeter drip edge, ice dam protection in all 5 valleys and edges, full roof wrap, and all new vents as part of the job. I think I might have to get some turbines installed this year to vent the attic as the house seems to retain a lot of heat during the summer and it never used to.

Adrian - did you see that link I put for Mike? Those badges are made in Oz and not available to the North American market. You should get some to decorate deserving offenders down under. Lol, at 27° I'm ok mate. I'd just be in the shade with ya drinking cold ones. That was a great picture of Lego. How's Minn doing? Those kids of yours I remember well. They were so polite and well behaved! You and Tink should be so proud of them.

Marc - Hahahahaha, good one. Never tested it for that but I know it works. I guess it depends on how much cherry whiskey you sip and how you feel the next morning. Yeah, the Henday was a real beach yesterday. News at 6 said the streets in the evening were even worse than the morning because all the melt froze over again and turned them into black ice. Where, I mean WHERE are the maintenance crews. It's not like this was a total surprise snow storm. Surely to God they watch the same news and weather forecasts we do???

Mike - Cloisonne medallions
Old November 17th, 2018, 06:47 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Pretty out, but cold. Only 38* . I think it's safe to say summer has gone. Supposed to be nice this weekend, though, maybe I'll get something done.

So my friend Leo is supposed to be in town this weekend visiting his sister. He tells me weeks ago he wants to hang out. I said okay that would be nice. So of course I forget all about it and he waits until almost 11 last night to send me a message, hey what do you want to do tomorrow. I was long asleep and when I messaged him back this morning he says, oh I'm just now waking up. It was 930. Sheesh, half the day is gone.

Thanks Allan. I think I've used the wrong word. Cloisonné, I've come to find out, is painting the front of metal. What I'm looking for is the paint to be on the back side of acrylic. Ah, I can only imagine how much it would cost to have just one of those done. Well, maybe if I got one for every car I'd get a discount.

I didn't have much luck with the wet firewood last night. Just made a mess with all the paper and cardboard I stuffed in there. I may have to wait a few days for the firewood to dry outside and then squirrel it away so it stays dry.

Well I guess I'll get into something until Leo calls. There was a meeting I wanted to go to with the Deuce today but I won't go now. He's downtown and of course I have to go pick him up. Wonder what we can do in the city. Have a good day everyone.
Old November 17th, 2018, 09:03 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Guys:
Allan, I can't believe your weather. But then again we are in mid November and you are in Canada. You get it in the winter and we get it in the summer. At least we don't have a problem driving the heat.
Marc, I hope you get better soon. Sounds like you have a case of what I refer to as the creeping crude. Not much you can do other than stay hydrated.
I went to the Leake Car auction yesterday afternoon. It is not a huge auction like Mecom but they had several hundred cars there. They had the usual stuff but had two 58 Cadillac convertibles. One was white and had been a GM Exec car with all the options including AC. It had been repainted and was very nice. I stayed about 3 hours and looked at all the cars and watched some of the auction. Yesterday was a beautiful day (sorry Allan) with blue sky and in the 60's. Today is supposed to be the same so I am going to be out in the yard working and cleaning up after the freeze earlier in the week. It looks like we will have a total of about 12 here for Thanksgiving. Getting ready will be easier this year since I am retired. That is about it. Gotta get to work.
Glenn
Old November 17th, 2018, 10:45 AM

Not much going on here, laundry, vacuum, and watch football, work tomorrow. Made reservations for x mas dinner with my friends for Dec. 8th. A local well know restaurant with a fancy chef, I haven't been there in a while, and we haven't gotten together since July. Got to figure out what dish to make to take to my sisters for turkey day, plus another one (cheesy potatoes) for next Wednesday at work. Allan, the permits suck, but it's a fact of life around here. I had a friend who had his water heater replaced @ $1500.00, way too much. At my old house I removed and installed my own for a fraction of the cost, no contractor upcharge or labor costs. On that one, no permit. At least I didn't inquire about one, and if needed, too bad Have a good one.
Old November 17th, 2018, 11:00 AM

A little cooler this morning, currently 17 but you can bet your bottom dollar it will get close if not break 30 again today.
Rest up Marc, you'll be back on your feet in no time.
Min is doing well, thanks for asking. She only has 2 weeks left of grade 6 then both girls are on holidays until the end of January. It's surprising how well my girls photograph that's for sure, they must get it from their mum
I'll have to look up that link later, I'm off to work now so take care everybody,
Adrian
Old November 17th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Oh my Lord! Went into the city to pick up my friend. Of course he has to be in the middle of Buckhead. So we go to lunch. I had no idea where we were, suddenly we were at Lenox Mall. Took us probably an hour to go a couple miles. Left the mall and decided to go to a Pull Apart in Buford. That was fine after we got out of Atlanta. Then went back to Atlanta because he needed to meet his sister at the World Congress Center. We drove around in circles because the GPS would stop working whenever we were under the building. After I dropped him off I headed home and I was gone 8 hours, almost to the minute.

Now, before I left I tried sweeping off the passenger seat in the dog van and that was doing no good so I swapped out for the pickup. I believe in all the traffic today I shifted one billion times. And try cutting into traffic with a vehicle that is 20 feet long. What a long afternoon. And of course at the junkyard we had to look at every car and have a dissertation on what the motor number was, why it was in the junkyard, what would have been bad on the cars in his area(he lives I Detroit). I love this guy but my good nature was wearing thin. Oh I wouldn't have let loose on him. He is very enthusiastic about cars and whatnot, has a lot of the same ideas and thought processes that I do, and he's half my age. I think he's the closest I'll ever get to hanging out with my son. And I'm glad to be home now.

Adrian that's a long break for your girls. Is it the summer break? When I was a kid our summer break would have been a little longer than that, mid June to the end of August. Now I think the kids go back mid August. The humanity!

Time to grab a bite and relax. I don't know why but my left foot is killing me. Woke up this way. Doesn't help when you're driving a straight shift car. Hope everyone has a good night.
Old November 17th, 2018, 07:56 PM
Oh no, not again...

Got out and about today, wasn't feeling too bad. Met up with the coin guys this morning, the decision is unanimous, we have to find a better place to have breakfast. We've been going to this "Albert's" diner on 124th for 10 years, and for 10 years the breakfasts haven't improved. They're still pretty crappy. Except now they cost $20, and for a couple of greasy eggs and a couple slabs of thin bacon and burnt toast that's too much. I'm not even sure they serve "real" coffee there, for all I know it's some Ersatzt Kaffee that was tossed out by the Germans during the last war as undrinkable. Went to a coin shop and bought a 1561 6 pence. It's not too bad, old Liz looks like she's seen some better days though. This will complement the "milled" 6 pence I have from the same era. It's amazing how crude these hammered ones look compared to them.

Mike; sounds like you had a very trying day; yeah, manual shifts can be fun in city traffic. I used to run a 76 Ford F-150 extended cab with a long box, 360 and a 4 speed. Parking that thing was a nightmare,

Adrian, don't mind me asking, and please don't think I'm some sort of creep, how old are your girls? I have a 9 year old son.

Allan; Hope you don't have to go anywhere tomorrow, it's going to happen all over again tonight. More rain and snow, and then more rain. Might as well do the streets in a Zamboni and strap on a set of skates.

Glenn; I've always wanted to check out a Leake auction. In my research when I'm writing up an appraisal I come across quite a few of their listings. The odd time they actually look like good deals there. It'd be interesting to see if the auctions are as crooked down there as they are up here.

Well, that's about it for me...the fire place is warm and the cherry whiskey isn't tasting too bad...(hic...)
Old November 18th, 2018, 07:37 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

YUK! It's friggin drizzling outside and that's going to be bad for driving. Rain on top of old ice is more slippery than a whale turd on an iceberg..It's about 34° outside but the sun hasn't come up yet and evertthing looks pretty ugly out there. My son works at 9:30 so I suggested to him that he plan to leave early. Last year we bought Blizzak WS80's for all 4 corners of the Malibu and so far they seem to be holding traction pretty well, but it's not fair to expect the impossible from them. I run Goodyear Nordics on the Sonata and they have tremendous gripping power on ice and snow but they're older and they're hellaciously noisy. I'm seriously thinking of just replacing them early if a sale comes along. I ran them last year and all this summer but didn't wear them down enough to justify replacing them yet.

Marc - I'm with you. Staying inside today. I might venture out to the garage and get some ice melt if I need to put some down.

Mike - ???? I didn't know you had a son, that's nice to hear. Where does he live? It sounds like you had a very good afternoon with Leo. Not too many people here want to do that kind of outing to the junkyards. Our Pick and Pull had a fire in their main building a few weeks ago and is still temporarily closed till they can rebuild.

Dan - I can think of lots of things you could make. I like cheesy taters and scalloped taters too! I don't think I'd make okra though. How about Sweet Potato Casserole or Green Bean Casserole?? Mmmmmm, mmmmmm good.

Adrian - here ya go. Saves searching the posts Ford Badges - Classic Oldsmobile

Not much on the TV I want to watch after brekkie so I think I'll stream some of the European Curling Championships on the puter. This screen is so big and the HD broacasts are clear as can be. I already saw the highlights of Sweden vs. Swisserland. Niklas Edin prevailed in the 10th end to win and claim his 5th straight victory. I have the rest of the games set to record on the PVR. Funny how TSN only televises select games.

Have a good Sunday everyone.
Old November 18th, 2018, 07:53 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

As usual Awful house this morning. The servers relish in asking me about weird things I have no idea about and then laugh at me. I tell them they're mean. That makes them laugh more. I didn't feel like swapping back to the dogmobile so we had the black truck this morning. I'm going to the shop later I'll swap back then.

Allan, Leo isn't my son. He's a friend I met some years ago flying to Australia. He has the same ideas about cars that I do and I joke with him we must be related. I don't have any kids and likely won't, so what I meant was hanging with him would the closest I'd ever get to hanging out with a son. Sorry, that did look a little odd when I went back and reread that.

Got a little work to do at the shop then I'll come home and play with Tiger. He was home alone most of the day yesterday and I felt bad. My sister is flying in later on and I'll meet her for dinner. Then off to bed early because it's overtime in the morning. This will be an odd week, IROP at work and then Turkey Rod Run. I can't wait.

Have a good day everyone.
Old November 18th, 2018, 03:24 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Well I took my Sno Tek apart to find the slow idle valve. I couldn't find it so I put it back together and test fired it. Started right away but it surges as bad as before. I decided to call BS on the DIY video I found on the web and that's when I found out I hadn't torn it down enough to get to the set screw that hold the idle valve in place. I'll try again tomorrow as I don't feel like playing with it right now. How frustrating to be that close and not get to the root of the problem.

Anyone here try the 'infinite post and scroll" feature of this site? It's spoda be new. It's enabled on my options but it doesn't appear to be working. Maybe that's just because TNGMT is so many pages??

EDIT: I take it back. It does work.
Old November 18th, 2018, 04:51 PM

I keep hitting the Forum Jump in the lower right near the scroll tab. So I go "WTH"?, until I realize what I did, and then find my way back here.
Old November 18th, 2018, 06:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey, that's cool. I never noticed the forum jump before. Come to think of it I never noticed that lower information bar at all. Well that's the power of observation in a nutshell
Old November 18th, 2018, 08:33 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Evening Guys:

Yesterday was a beautiful day with blue sky and a high of 69. I worked out in the front yard most of the day. I had to cut back all of the lantana that the freeze killed. I had a couple of LED landscape lights that I had to repair. One had the wire going to it cut half way into (the weedeater probably) and the other had a bad connection. I had purchased a couple of replacements and will probably just save them for the next project. Then I trimmed the suckers out of the Bradford Pears and boy they looked better. My daughter and I went out and bought just about everything for the Thanksgiving dinner. I got a 14.5 pound Butterball turkey, several cans of cranberry sauce and cornmeal so my wife can make the cornbread for the dressing. I haven't decided how I am going to cook the bird this year but I don't think I will be frying it. It will be a lot easier being retired and having all day on Wednesday to cook it and then carve it. I think we are going to have a total of about 12 for dinner. It has been a cold ugly day here and did not get out of the 40's all day. I guess that would be a heat wave for you Allan.
That is about it. I hope we all have a safe and enjoyable week ahead.
Glenn
Old November 19th, 2018, 02:37 AM

mawn'in

Did cha miss me?

While I was in the mountains I cooked 6 black iron skillets skillets of cornbread/ Gonna let it dry out real good so it can soak up all the wonderful flavors. I oughta have enough dressing for the cast of Soarticus. Our family tradition is to serve it with strawberry preserves. Think about it, in the deep south there weren't any cranberries. My Yankee wife of course is gonna open both ends of a can of cranberries and slop that jelly stuff on a plate. That's her contribution to the dinner.

Spsoe to warm up today so off to smack whitey around

Edit, Here's you famous cemetery owner

Have a great day Olds friends
Old November 19th, 2018, 05:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Brisk and frosty here so I guess I won't be goin to whack whitey... Still too much snow on the ground.

Glenn - Yes sir, that would be just great. It actually got up to 39° yesterday so I was outside digging runoff channels in the soft wet snow to get the water to flow to the storm drains. Not as easy as it sounds.

Jim - Hahahaha, you betcha they're good neigbors. Better than the ones I have. 23 acres is a pile of land to look after. You get to write off the chebby with the sign on the door? So that's the girl who did the no show wit cha? I figger yer good fer about 43/43 today.

Mike - Hope you and your sister had a good dinner together.

On to the European World Curling again today. my feature game is Sweden vs. Italy. Sweden should win.

Catch ya later.
Old November 19th, 2018, 08:20 AM

Nice interview, Jim.
Old November 19th, 2018, 08:23 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Lunch. Been a busy morning but not horrible. Today is the only normal day of the week. Came in early this morning.

Had a nice dinner with my sister. She is in town for a team building exercise. But since it's a holiday week everyone called off. So she said there will only be a few people there.

Jamesbo I'll have to watch your film short when I get home. It's much too loud in here to enjoy it to the fullest. I didn't know Super Model was from the north. No wonder I like her so much.

Not a fan of the infinite scroll. I wanted to go to the top of the page and it never came. I thought, what the heck is going on until I realized I was scrolling backward and was about 5 pages away from where I wanted to be. It's supposed to be able to be turned off, I'm gonna have to do that. How on earth does anyone think that's a feature?

Okay almost time to get back to it. Should be an easy afternoon, I only have 6 more wheels to sign off. See ya's all later.
Old November 19th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Always room for one more

Bravo Jamesbo. You're a natural for TV. They didn't show your oak trees.

Things sort of fell apart at the end. We ran things all the way up to the end, don't know why. Eh, I'm home now. It's beautiful out and sort of warmish. Bet I could find something to do outside for a couple hours.

Glenn did I miss whatever happened with the jet ski's?
Old November 19th, 2018, 02:42 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - you can turn it off in your CP Options. Or you can look to the bottom of the page and see the other feature that allows you to select 'Prev" page, whatever page out of 646, "next" or "Last". I get why you don't like it, especially on a thread this long. I was back to 2017 before I realized what it had done to me. ;( I don't know why IB seems to be making these changes. Oh well, they own the website so it's their intellectual property and can do what they want. I wish it was better communicated though.

Making Chili for supper. No habaneros to be had at the market today so I'll have to settle for 8 large Jalapeņos. Soon as de missus vacates de kitchen I'm de chef du jour....
Old November 19th, 2018, 10:49 PM

Last one tonight. Currently 27 here and it's going down for my night, yeah!

Marc, nothing creepy about that mate, my little ones are 4 and 11.
Mike it's so much fun driving a manual in big traffic isn't it Yeah that's our "summer break" over here but no one calls it that, it's just the Christmas holidays down here.
Expect to see me for dinner Allan, I love chili and so does Tink. The girls would probably not enjoy it through lol
Nice interview Jim, "best neighbors you can have" I love it!
I'm off to grandad's for a couple days this week, need to sort out some paperwork locally. Turns out he had a couple weapons that weren't registered, a long arm and 2 pistols. I can't keep the pistols so they will be sold to the local gun dealer but the long arm I can. I believe it's a 9mm garden gun. It shoots rimfire shotgun shells so I doubt I'll ever find ammo for it around here but it's a cool old gun so I want to keep it.
Better get this tired body of mine to work, have a good one everybody,
Adrian
Old November 20th, 2018, 05:50 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was a blistering 43° here! Almost bathing suit weather I guess.

Adrian - You're welcome anytime mate. That chili was butt puckerin hot! (spicy) and really nice flavor. There's some left over in a tupperware in the fridge if ya stop by later Good luck sorting out the firearms mess.You might be able to find some of those shells at a gun show or maybe a dealer can hook you up with some.

Sweden did win as predicted, although Italy played very well but fell apart in the 6th end.

Off to curling at the Granite in anutter hour or so.
Old November 20th, 2018, 07:02 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by GregM
Good morning,

I am searching for SS IV Trim rings. Can anyone point me in the right direction or perhaps even sell me some.

Thank You
GM

You'd be better off posting a thread in the Parts Wanted section of this site.