The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 14th, 2015, 11:43 AM
CQR

Originally Posted by Allan R
Clint, what year and gear change is she looking for?
It's her 72 Clone. She wants to go to 3.73's

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Clint, post a pic of her car.
Old April 14th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Looks purty! What kind of engine? Going to 3.73:1 suggests it's a 455? AT or MT?

BTW, here's another 'sorry' thing from us Canucks to you guys!!

Old April 14th, 2015, 01:50 PM
CQR

Mild build 350 4 speed auto.
Old April 14th, 2015, 02:11 PM
Just an Olds Guy

That thing will still be pushing huge rpms with 3.73's though.
Old April 14th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Stayed up until 4 this morning watching Top Gear. I think I better get it in as much as I can while I can. Then we got huge rain all morning and the dogs were nuts. Stayed in bed until 3. Still don't feel rested.

Terry awful sorry about your sister.

Humid here. Not real hot, around 80 and overcast. Sposed to get more rain tonight and probably most of the week. Even though it keeps the pollen down, I still hate rain.

Jamesbo once when I worked at O'Hare I almost got an unintended flight to Atlanta. We had a charter come in, and after we were finished throwing the bags I went upstairs to find the forward galley just full of shrimp! I love shrimp. So as I stood there filling my face I didn't notice the flight crew had reboarded and closed the boarding door, ready to ferry back to Atlanta. The stew was about to arm the door and I said hold on I can't go! She was surprised I was still there and said, you almost had to go anyway. I started filling my pockets with shrimp and ran off the plane.

So it's Monday tonight. No clue what's in store, I hope it isn't too painful. This is going to be a slow week I'm afraid. Eh, I'd be doing something, might as well be doing this.

Have a good night everyone.
Old April 14th, 2015, 03:34 PM
CQR

That thing will still be pushing huge rpms with 3.73's though.

Shouldn't be too bad. I figure about 2550 at 75 MPH
Old April 14th, 2015, 05:45 PM
Just an Olds Guy

16" wheels and tall rubber? That will help a lot too.

My 14" and 70 profile with 3.42 will likely be pushing around 28 or 2900. Maybe more. I have to still do the calculations.
Old April 14th, 2015, 06:21 PM
CQR

Not with the overdrive.
Old April 15th, 2015, 04:01 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Not a bad night at work. Was inside when the torrential downpour happened, finished the plane early, got out a little early. Now the pressure is off. Monday is over.

Got home to see that the dogs totally thrashed their room. But they were still in there. Someone said we had thunder, but I didn't hear it. The dogs must have. Holy cow. Well, I can clean it up a little this afternoon when I wake up.

Stopped for gas on the way home at the QT next to the Awful house. Saw a friend of mine drive up so I went to say a word to him. He said, are you coming in for breakfast? I said no way, I'd be there all morning. So I came home and had a nice bowl of chocolate Lucky Charms.

Okay off to bed. Hope everyone has a good day. You know what day it is!
Old April 15th, 2015, 04:10 AM

Morning, ya beat me this morn, Mike. That's a good looking Olds that your customer has Clint. Gonna take the DD in for a tire swap, made a 8 am appt. then, I'll finish up my spring yard work...took a vacation day. I'll get the riding mower going for the first time, it was on a battery tender (Sears branded), and do an oil change on it.
Old April 15th, 2015, 04:22 AM
CQR

Goog Mornin all.

Dan, It was her aunt's and used to be green. She has spent many years getting the resto done and only takes it in for stuff she can't personally do. Far from perfect, but the body and paint are very very nice. I need to get my mower out but I think I'll wait just a bit more. We're spose to have 1-3" tonight and 3-5" tomorrow.

Mike let me know when you get to town. Doesn't sound like great weather. Sorry bout that.

Have a day all.
Old April 15th, 2015, 05:05 AM

Mawn'in all

Elsie is stilll here den leaves den returns

Mike, The was a lady dat either almost or did get stabbed [Sorry could understand her father worth a hoot] at an Awful House in Stockbridge.

Was dat your hang out?

Clint, Nice car. How 'bout sum pics of de ole girl friend?

John, Your silence about tak'in sum cats off my hands is thunderous.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old April 15th, 2015, 06:25 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all...

Feels like an atmospheric humidor dis mawnin'.... rain at bay for the moment, but Elsie not lurking far. Spose to be back with a vengeance this evening, just in time for better half's commute back to Plantation from S. Shore.

Jamesbo, my kennel is full. I still can't believe we have 3 of the urchins -- but we're definitely at capacity.

Mike, hope the week goes as well as last night. Have a safe trip to CO, and tell Clint he needs to put the Jazz Fest back on his itinerary, along with visit to Middendorf's.

Whelpt, I know there are bunch of other things I should be responding to, but I'm gonna' give my apologies instead and scramble to run a few errands before the next deluge.

Y'all have a great day of Wodan (hopefully, no relation to Rodan), Oldsmofriends.
Old April 15th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

Nuttin much to say. Stay safe and enjoy your day. Hey, dat rhymes.
Old April 15th, 2015, 02:20 PM

Evening all

Another day in paradise. Warmest day of the year so far, reached 77 degrees. Tomorrow back to a more normal 64.
Off to Wickford ( about 30 miles from me)in the morning to get some press studs to be able to fit the convertible boot. Still haven't worked out how it goes but then I haven't really looked.
Watching Anthony Hopkins in Red Dragon, should make for an interesting dream tonight
Also have to book a short trip to the Canary Islands tomorrow as the wife wants to see her mum. So busy I don't think I will have time to go to work.

Wife also wants to look for a new dd for herself. She's struck on the Range Rover Evoque, that's the one that looks like a fat person has sat on the roof, not sure how to get out of that one!!

Have a good day.
Old April 15th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Running late today. We had rain most of the morning, again, and my girl just would not leave me be. Finally around 2 my boy wanted to go out, and I told them they'd get smacked if they bothered me anymore. Well, I hear my boy walk across the wood floor and I look at the clock and it's 5:00! So a quick bite, a quick shower, and now I'm almost back on track. Glad I stopped for gas on the way home this morning.

London I'm not sure about the 68s, but if the boot is like the 70 it doesn't use snaps, there's nylon little flaps on the underneath of the edge, and they slide in under the chrome trim that lines the top of the quarters.

Jamesbo was this today? There are several Awful houses in Stockbridge and a few that are no more. I don't ever recall hearing about someone getting stabbed at the one I go to.

Clint I said I wouldn't go visit all winter because I didn't want to be in the snow. So when I was talking to my buddy the other night he laughed like a mad man when he was reading the weather report. I think we'll try to stop by on the way back from the airport, my plane gets in around three, don't know what time that puts us in M-town but if you want to split early don't wait on us.

Dan I get no worm, I hadn't been to sleep yet. Dan gets the worm everyone!

Okay gonna hit the bricks. Have a good evening everyone.
Old April 16th, 2015, 04:34 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike if all the planets are in alignment and the fairy dust from your planes chemtrails work to your advantage you may make it somewhere on my side of the planet about the time I close. I figure 3 p.m. on a Friday with early weekend rush hour for the weekend in a snowstorm might make the trip a bit slow. I'll send you my contact info in case.

London would that be a hood boot you are referring to?

Allan The Poet, Hasn't started snowing yet. You sure you wouldn't like this storm up there?

John, I think the next time I'm in NOLA it'll be to watch the festivities for Fat Tuesday.

Jamesbo, Altho she is still a sweet girl, she hasn't held up as well as her Oldsmobile.

Thanks Dan. I've been getting quite a few seasonal tire swaps in at the shop and hopefully they won't regret that with this storm coming in. Been pretty warm so it will most likely melt and not accumulate. Glad the wife and kid still have the snows on.

Have a Thursday all.
Old April 16th, 2015, 05:08 AM

Mawn'in all

Mo rain

Mike, It's hard to keep my days and your days straight. I think it was Tuesday nite cause it was on the Wednesday mawn'in news

Clint, Dat's true of alot of my high school lustees. But When you're poking de fire ya don't stare at de mantle.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old April 16th, 2015, 05:32 AM
CQR

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

Clint, Dat's true of alot of my high school lustees. But When you're poking de fire ya don't stare at de mantle.

I'll have to remember that.
Old April 16th, 2015, 05:37 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Hm, late leaving for work, late getting home. Late getting home because some people aren't coordinated when it comes to moving planes and helping with paperwork.

Thanks Clint. Not sure how things will shake out but I hope we can chat for a little bit.

Jamesbo I'll ask next week what happened at the Awful house and which one. Usually one of the Awful house people will post on facebook if there's any news like that.

Okay off to bed. Hope the rain stays away today. I really need a good day's sleep. Especially since I'm crawling into bed an hour late. Have a good day everyone.
Old April 16th, 2015, 06:31 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

Very sad news yesterday. Brian (69442C) and I have become very good friends over the past few years and we keep in close contact. I hadn't heard from him in about a week which is very unusual. There was a reason; his Dad, who has been struggling with his health passed away yesterday. Brian won't likely be on CO because his attention will obviously be needed and focused elsewhere. I know he would appreciate any support and prayers from the group. If you want to convey your condolences personally to his home email, PM me and I'll provide you with it.

Jim, dats a berry diffrent way ta say dat.

Clint, still got the winters on the Sonata so shoot that sucker up here! Love how you're so willing to share all that wonderful white stuff . Spoda be around 70* here today. I'll send some of that your way to help get rid of the snow....check for a large warm package in the mail Monday.

Mike, safe travels. Bet Clint knows the best pizza joints around Morrison. Don't know if they have Awful House but I'm sure you'll sniff one out if there's one around

Ted/Scot, wutchu guys up to?

Gotta head out in half hour to get blood drawn at the lab. Enjoy your day.
Old April 16th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Allan that's too bad about Brian's dad. How does one know what to feel? Happy that the man isn't suffering anymore, or sad that he's not of this world. Both I suppose. Happy that he was here and made a positive contribution to us all.

Rain just started. Was a nice day for sleeping. Tonight is my Friday and I wouldn't mind getting out a smidge early. My plane doesn't leave until 1 tomorrow afternoon but I have to take care of the dogs, get a few things done, get ready to go when I get home in the morning. Eh, I can sleep on the plane.

Jamesbo I looked up the Awful house and it was on Eagles Landing Parkway. The one I go to is on North Henry Boulevard. The "alleged" suspect also broke into a house in McDonough and killed a woman. How demented do you have to be to think killing someone is ever a good idea?

Gonna leave a little early tonight and stop to get some oil for the pickup. I let it get a quart low and now the little voices are telling me the motor is going to blow up any second. I use Royal Purple in this truck. Snake Oil maybe, but that's what I've been using so that's what I'll continue with.

Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old April 16th, 2015, 08:11 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening all. Well yesterday it was 72 and today it made to 64. Finally really starting to feel like spring here.

Hadn't been on here the last couple nights, been out working in the garage on the 85 Riv. I have a few more screws and bolts to put in but its almost back together. I still have to pick up the replated bumper too, I just need the time to go get it. I need to take some new pics and I'll post them here.

Clint - your friends have good taste in cars.

Allan - that's sad news about Brian. Sorry to hear that.
Old April 17th, 2015, 03:34 AM

Mawn'in

Worm

Rain rain go away

Ran up to de mountains to meet sum real-estate folks.Gotta hot prospect on a friend of mine's mom's house. Gonna put back on my real-estate hat fer a few days and help her out.

Mike, Glad that wasn't "your" Awful House
Old April 17th, 2015, 04:55 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, of course she does. she is my friend isn't she?

Jamesbo, good luck with the sale/purchase. which ever way it goes.

Mike have a good flight.

Snowed hard last night when I went to bed. Then musta warmed up and started raining.
Now everything outside is just the same consistency as a slurpee.
Here is a friends patio last night. She is a few thousand feet higher than we are here. we only have about 3" on the ground.

Have a Friday.
Old April 17th, 2015, 05:21 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin All,

Spring is always a busy time time isn't it!...went to put air into a loader tire and the valve failed spewing calcium chloride all over....3 hours later I had 4 new tires installed and a little less money in the old wallet

The high school teachers are talking strike here, and will walk out Monday if their union cannot reach an agreement with the Board...there will be a lot of kids wondering around.....ummmm cheap labor

Clint, good thing you kept the snows on

Allan, ever bid on a car through an online auction?

Mike, safe travels!

Have a Day All
Old April 17th, 2015, 05:23 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Got home late from work this morning. I let it slip that I had somewhere to be after work so the lead made sure I had to stay. Boy I'm tired of that place. Came home to find the dogs had completely annihilated their room. I just left it be.

I'm wacked, but if I lay down at all I'll sleep all day and miss my plane. I might have to go next door and get some pop from my neighbors. They aren't home, he had to have an angioplasty done this morning.

Okay gotta get ready for the day. I'm yawning like crazy. I can sleep on the plane. I think it's almost a 4 hour flight. Have a good day everyone.
Old April 17th, 2015, 07:02 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning

Looks like it's going to be a nice day here.

Ted, no sir I haven't.

Looks like 7- up slurpee weather in Colorado.

What happened to Don? (D'bord)
Old April 17th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Just got back from the bank. They invited me back this afternoon for cake. Honest.
Old April 17th, 2015, 10:31 AM

Well hell, if you would give me money to hang on to (wink, wink) I would too!
Old April 17th, 2015, 10:52 AM

Just got back from the bank. They invited me back this afternoon for cake. Honest.

I'd rather get a new coffee pot
Old April 17th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Just an Olds Guy

It was good cake! Not for holding onto Dada Warbucks account - it was to celebrate Environmental Awareness. They're reducing their waste by going green on most of their services. Y'know - like no more mail outs etc. Oh yeah Jim, there was coffee too. My koffee maker is still good after 13 years. Don't want a new one till it kicks de bukket.

I liked their coin counting machine. Works sort of like Vegas - you put coins (actually you dump a whole jar of unsorted coins) into it and it counts them for you. Issues a chit you give the teller and she pays you cash for it. Peeps were lined up to use it and the sound of the money dropping/being counted sounded just like a slot machine.
Old April 17th, 2015, 01:15 PM

Yeah my bank did de same thing by not giving away $$ gift cards [whar ya put sum in a slot as gifts] at Christmas. Saved de planet my big toe, save demselves $$$
Old April 17th, 2015, 09:29 PM

If I want to use my banks coin counting/sorting machine, I have to drive to the only branch that has one....35 miles away!
Old April 18th, 2015, 02:50 AM

Worm

Yawn
Old April 18th, 2015, 07:15 AM
Captain Starfire

Mawnin', y'all. Day 8 of building the Ark. 'Bout time to start roundin' up da' critters. (Too bad Ellie Mae's no longer wit us, as she could be a big help.)

We did get a break yesterday and I got a heckuva day in laying down the landscaping fabric & mulch in the beds. I went to Lowe's yesterday evening and got 10 mo' bags & a couple more rolls o'fabric; should see me through, and hope to have 'er all done tomorrow. (They're sayin' that Elsie should be traveling to greener pastures tomorrow, and next week should be slightly drier.)

I have no idea when I'll be able to cut the grass. I only cut it once so far (before trip to mountains) and it's getting pretty hairy looking out there. But I'm gonna' need at least a week of dry weather before venturing out on the John Deere, lest all I do is create ruts and spin my poor wheels.

Whelpt, hope Mike & Clint get to visit, and that the snow in CO subsides. That'd be a helluva thing to have to sip a cold one on that patio set.

Y'all have a dry, warm day, Oldsmofriends.
Old April 18th, 2015, 07:17 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Well, I'm not having luck as a nonrev passenger lately. Denver was a bust. Sat at the airport all afternoon missing one flight after the other. They must be giving something away out there. Called Clint to let him know then headed home.

Man I was wacked. Got back home around 6, crawled into bed, slept until midnight, got up and did not much, then went back to bed until 930 this morning. Gonna go now for a quick bite, provided Awful house isn't jam-packed, then pick up the dogs. Not sure what to do today. It isn't raining, now, but everything is a muddy mess. I'll figure it out.

Have a good day everyone.
Old April 18th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning

Very windy day here. Scattered showers last night but nothing much. Gas went up her .38/gal on Wed, then cane down .25/gal yesterday. Still more expensive than it should be. The gas companies seem to like playing yo yo with us. Pisses me off because we don't have any options.

Jim, izit wert gettin up dat early?

Mike, I guess that's the way it goes huh? Why not just buy a ticket like everyone else and guarantee a seat on the plane? Can't cost that much. Nope, little under 300 clams round trip. I wouldn't hold out for free seats especially if it ruins my vacation or travel plans.

John, must be purty froggy down there.

Clint, I think we're being affected by the "North Pacific Mode"

Enjoy your day
Old April 18th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Always room for one more

Allan it's not like that at all. When I left work yesterday morning, I was #3 on the list with 26 seats open. When I got to the airport I was 19 on the list and they were asking for volunteers. Something must have cancelled. If I absolutely had to be someplace I wouldn't fly.

Sometimes I feel obligated to fly, because my flight benefits are part of my "total compensation package." The company values them on my portfolio at several thousand dollars. I wish they wouldn't do that, because yesterday they were worth zero. That's their clever way of not paying me as much money but telling me how much I make. Fact is I wouldn't have planned to go at all if I had to buy a ticket.

My flight benefits have afforded me to go places I never would have dreamed. Sure it's irritating when you get bumped but in the big picture I usually do pretty well. And with 21 years seniority I'm more than not at the top of the list.

Picked up the dogs after a late Awful house breakfast. They were glad to be home. I think today I'm going to clean up a little bit and if it doesn't rain and the driveway dries up a little I'll put on my speedometer cable. Got it from that place in Texas, and it came yesterday.
Old April 18th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike? Doesn't sound to me like you're guaranteed anything. I still don't see how a benefit that doesn't seem to work is a benefit. IMO it would probably cost you more to drive to CO, so buying a ticket isn't the end of the world, and it's a lot faster, considering it's about a 3 day drive one way unless you're ballz to,the wallz, and you'd still have to pay food and lodging, plus kennel fees. I guess I just don't get it.