The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2013, 02:49 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Winter Solstice everyone.

Gloomy day here, and it's trying to spit rain now but so far not bad. Hanging right at 70.

John it's nice to sleep in once in a while. The 59 Olds is quite a departure from the wagon of yesterday. I'd take either one. In fact I saw on craiglist today a 66 Ninety Eight for a grand. Looked real nice, I thought now that would be a great car to drive to work every day. The problem is it wouldn't fit in the parking spaces.

Well my neighbors are in Florida and it will just be the dogs and me for Christmas. I have it all planned out. Turkey lunch meat sandwiches and fake eggnog from the grocery store. I'm actually working Christmas so we'll do our celebrating Christmas Eve. Might even find a cassette tape of holiday music to listen to.

Clint have fun with the steaming machine. If you look at the dirty quads for too long when the dirt comes off it will be like you have a new machine.

Okay off to work. Friday for me. In Clint's vernacular, have a weekend everyone.
Old December 21st, 2013, 04:24 PM

Morning all, hope all are going well and keeping warm.

Mike, by the looks of it Holden will pull the plug on manufacturing here in a few years. I blame the unions myself, they only want more money and forget that if the company can't make a decent profit then they will just pull the plug and that is what is gonna happen. It's not nice that all those people will lose their job but that is the way of things I suppose.

The family is going well Scot, Minette is on school holidays not until the end of January. She is also progressing nicely with her Highland Dancing, pic of her outfit attached.

Tink only has 3 and a bit weeks left till she is due, we are hoping that she can hold off till the new year as the school system over here is all backwards. If you are born in the first half of the year you start school when you are 5 but if your born in the second half then you start when you are 6. Basically means an extra year of child care and when min was in child care it cost us a little over 7K for 3 days a week

Hope everyone is set for Christmas.

Time for some yard work, take care all

Adrian
Old December 21st, 2013, 08:16 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

We've had rain all day and its still coming down. Its been real heavy at times and then it will stop for a little while, lighten up to sprinkles then pour hard again. Water is standing everywhere. Ditches on our street are overflowing and yards are flooded. It's. A mess. But at least it's warm! Temps were in the 50's. Rain is supposed to be worse tomorrow then it's gonna cool off. Hopefully we wont have ice Monday morning...

Nicole left for Columbus this morning to stay the weekend at her friends house. I miss her.

I took one of the Olds calendars down to Bob at the body shop this morning. Stayed and talked about an hour. He is so sweet.

We went out to eat and did our shopping late afternoon after Larry got home. We're talking, what more can I say. I cant believe that he didn't get Nicole anything to open on Christmas. He did the brakes on the Intrigue, but I thought he'd at least get her a gift card or something to open from him. Jr. and Elyse have all sorts of stuff under the tree. So do I, and I told him I didn't want anything. Nicoles feelings will be hurt. I got her a lot of things, but still. It upsets me but I'll keep my mouth shut as usual. He told me I seem kind of irritated today....

Anyhow, we had a nice time at our Christmas dinner last night. Food was good drinks were better! I ate way too much. The bill was almost $700! Of course there were 8 of us. I think that place is too high priced.

Jamesbo.... thanks so much for the card! It made me laugh and I needed that!!!

Adrian... good to hear from you. Glad all is well.

Well I'm going to go to bed so I reckon I'll talk to ya tomorrow.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 05:39 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp de cow visits de flat rock down ere

GTG get my ears lowered and start Christmas shopp'in

Wonder if I can find it all at Walgreens.

John, Tanks fer de goodies.

Adrian, Glad de family is Ok don't stay suck a stranger

Mike, You're kill'in me. Oh if I could jes do what you're doing fer Christmas. If ya get lonely, put on a crash helmet and come to Izzy's family get together. Bring de dogs, there's bound to be at least 1 cat fight between her 5 sisters

GTG have a good one
Old December 22nd, 2013, 08:10 AM

Ok techo question

De rear window in my 69 drop top is FUBAR. If I'm gonna go to all de trouble to redo de guts on 1 might as well do both right? What are the parts ya'll would repalce to do it right once. Where is de best place to get them?
Old December 22nd, 2013, 08:17 AM
Captain Starfire

'Nudder dank and dark morning, w/ 59* @ 6:30 in the swamp; we had a pretty good soaking during the night. They're keeping a little chance of Elsie in the forecast thru tonite, then a little chill blowin' thru.

Mike, I'd have to take the '58 Fiesta, myself ;-)

Middendorf's was fab yessaday.... I think I gained 5 lbs. since Friday (burp).

Sandy, that's a shame. Call Mr. Hyde on his cell and see if you can get "N" a little sumpin' for her in his name. Maybe he sincerely forgot, or procrastinated on it 'til it was too late. Give him one more Christmas mulligan. It might be worth it just to preserve her feelings.

YW, Jamesbo. Wish I could help with the top, but I don't even know what's goin' on w/ the Starfire. Wish I knew how to stop this rear end leak. When I look at dem rear punkins w'out a traditional "cover," I freeze.

Whelpt, let's see what the Saints will do against the Panthers in Charlotte today. They're about as predictable as the weather....

Y'all have a great 4th Sunday of Advent.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 22nd, 2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 09:50 AM

Tanks John,

My plan [if/when it stops rain'in] is to drive it to de mountains where de shop is more bigger. But it's 1 1/2 to anywhere up thar so I needs to gets Everythng I need and haul it up to fix it.

De shop up there's got sum heat and plenty of room to store de seats that will have to come out. I jes wanta do it once to both rear windows and be done with it
Old December 22nd, 2013, 10:16 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy all.

Rain, rain, go away. I have a couple outside projects that really need to be done this weekend, so I hope the rain accommodates me and scrams. Though I'll be working in arctic temps.

Jamesbo I'm guessing these are power windows? I don't know nuthin' about them. Eventually I want to put power windows into my convertible. Did you ever get your starting problem figured out?

I have some friends trying to fly on buddy passes today from Raleigh to Columbus, MS. They are not having luck. I told them from the git-go it wouldn't be easy flying this weekend, but they didn't want that long drive. So I hope they catch a break, they've already been bumped off several flights.

John why doesn't the Starfire have a traditional pumpkin cover? What does it look like?

Adrian I thought I heard Ford was doing the same thing. And I'm pretty sure Chrysler, since their reintroduction to the market, doesn't build anything locally, they import American cars that have been converted to right hand drive. Such a darling little girl you have there.

Well I gotta get something accomplished today, don't know what. Hope everyone is ready for Christmas. By the way Jamesbo, come on down. Plenty of lunch meat and no cats.

See ya's.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 10:21 AM

Nope Mike, It's de standard roll up windows. Yeah, I got the starter figured out jes in time to crash my burban. I've decided I'm gonna drive de drop top sum [when I get de winder figgered out.] It was my DD for 25 years so WTH

This is gonna be a PITA to do in de winter
Old December 22nd, 2013, 10:40 AM
Always room for one more

EEk. Rollup windows in a convertible. What sort of trouble are you having? If it's just hard to move or it binds, maybe it just needs a little cleaning and re-lubing. That light grease the factory put on 44 years ago is probably what's fubar. No need to take things apart just for a little grease.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 11:04 AM

Mike, One is stuck all the way down.

I've found a whole set of new regulators at OPG, but it's been so long since I bought any parts from anyone but Fusicks, I can't remember if OPG are the good guys or de idiots that sent me 2 left side exhaust manifold for another project [years ago]

De last thing I wanta do is drive this thing up to de lake with the wrong parts or get it apart and need some 2 cent nylon thingy that shoulda come with the regulators.

Naturaly my manuals are at the lake and I can't find Donny to borrow his.

I jes need a complete parts list to make real sure, I've got everything I need.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 11:45 AM
Always room for one more

Did you look on Wild About Cars?

Damn this rain.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 11:49 AM

Oh yeah, Forgot 'bout Kurt's site Tanks Mike
Old December 22nd, 2013, 12:12 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Evening All

Still no rain as of yet but it is coming.

Adrian glad to hear all is well and Minette is just as cute as a button.

Jamesbo Mike is right the info is there so just print out what you need from the ASM
Old December 22nd, 2013, 12:44 PM

Jamesbo, give Fusick's a call and tell them what's going on, and what you want to do, I'm thinking that they could be a big help. You might want to post in the resto forum, as we have a couple of pros here who are willing to give pointers.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 02:01 PM

A couple of winter pics from earlier today. Those of the lighthouses are on Lake Michigan.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 02:39 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Beautiful pics Dan Just as long as that frozen stuff stays up above Georgia
Old December 23rd, 2013, 02:27 AM
Always room for one more

Ah ha, major worm.

Didn't sleep yesterday morning, moped around all day, went to bed early. Then my boy wakes me up at 345 and now I'm wide awake. Maybe I'll hurry to the Awful house and beat the dayshift in there.

Still raining. It's supposed to stop today some time but everything will be a muddy mess.

Have a great day everyone, maybe I'll pop back in a little later.
Old December 23rd, 2013, 04:55 AM
CQR

Dan, Those are nice to look at, but I assume its bitter cold on that lake. Heres one in the parking lot from Saturday at one of the MX tracks we race at. We usually don't get the heavy frost like this.

Mike, You beat the worm to the first corner I do believe. Hope you get everything accomplished today that you want. After getting the scoots clean it kinda did look like we got new ones. Funny how our mind gets used to something so quickly.

Jamesbo, I've ordered from OPG and haven't had any issues yet.

Adrian, you have a beautiful little girl there! Congrats.

Sandy, sorry to here Larry is being such a Richard. I don't care for this time of the year much, but I do try to stay positive. Let him know that Krampus is watching.

Scot send some of that heat up this way. It was snowing on Saturday when I was steam cleaning the quads, Then snowed again last night and that wasn't predicted.

Have a Monday all!
Old December 23rd, 2013, 05:42 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawnin All

Yep it's flat rocking it here, as it has been all night. It will probably end sometime this afternoon. Then we start cooling down and seeing some normal? temps. Normal weather in GA is like 80* one day and 49* the next

Clint I would if I could brother Y'all can keep the snow and ice, I don't want any part of that sniznit My what an ugly booger

We won't have all the girls home for Christmas this year. The second eldest is cruising the Caribbean this Christmas, but the rest are here. You know what that means? Yup you guessed it. The entire cast from the movie 300 is in bound

Whelp I best get crackin' and enjoy what sanity I have for now
Old December 23rd, 2013, 06:13 AM

Mawn'in all

De cow cometh and goeth an cometh again

Mike, After reseting my password a few times on Kurt's sight, I gave up. But I found Donny so all is well.

Last nite Drove to Peachtree city and back in a down pour to have family Christmas with my 99 year old aunt. Man it was a nerve rack'in drive down there and back [3 hours] But I'm home safe so I guess it was worth it to see her again.

GTG my phone is ringing off de hook wit people I don't want to listen to
Old December 23rd, 2013, 06:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Cold here today, in the 30's. Supposed to get snow later tonight and lake effect tomorrow.

The sun came out yesterday late morning and it was gorgeous!! Got up to 61 degrees! I stood out in the sun for about an hour, lol. Just enjoyed the warmth. It felt sooooooo good!

I schleped some of the cookie tins back out to the shed from the breezeway and put them away since I wasn't using them and it was nice out. Had boots on cause the yard is spongy with water. I went out and turned the electric heaters down in the garage cause we got a $200 electric bill. I was so tempted to take Teepo out but it was so wet.

I went and dropped off cookies and fudge at Sue's house then I took gifts out to Lin's daughter Tina for her kids. Emaline is ready for car shows, lol. I had a nice visit. Was nice to be around excited kids. I miss that. Got home around 7 and got my hair washed.

John.... nice thought but if I dare suggest anything for Nicole I'd have to hear the 'it's all about her and she's spoiled' lecture and he would begrudge it. As Clint so nicely said it, he's a RICHARD!!!!
I might pick up a gas card and some scratch offs for her and forge his name....

Jamesbo.... I'd trade places with you in a heartbeat lol. Id love to be around people and laughing and carrying on and dogs and cats.
Its all about fun and chaos. Glad you got your window problem figured out.

Those are beautiful Pics Clint and Dan.

Well we just got the word we're out of here at noon!

Nicole just got home from Columbus about an hour ago. She had fun with her friends. I'm glad she stayed last night too instead of driving home tired. But how dare she have fun..... shame!

Tomorrow us girls will meet at Lin's for our traditional Christmas get together and will open our stuff from each other. I hope to go early and get home before the snow gets bad. I worry about Jean driving in it.

Well I better do something before we leave so you all have a good Monday!
Old December 23rd, 2013, 07:36 AM

Welp, I'm seriously considering joining Mike an his dogs for a Turkey sandwich.
Old December 23rd, 2013, 07:56 AM

That is sweet...I'd love to take a pic of those trees!
Old December 23rd, 2013, 09:14 AM
Always room for one more

Well the rain has quit. For how long I don't know but the temp is going down.

Those trees are cool looking. They look like the flocked white Christmas trees.

Jamesbo things can't be that bad already!

Who knows anything about tires? I need some tires for my Silverado and I don't know if I need 10-ply rated tires or 4-ply rated tires. The only difference I can see is about fifteen bucks each.

Got to the Awful house and then Walmart and back home pretty early. Been doing some house cleaning. Might go work on the big truck a little this afternoon if the sun comes out like it's supposed to.

Scot you haven't had the cast over for awhile. You must have a pretty big house to pack all those people in.

Okay second half of the day begins.
Old December 23rd, 2013, 09:51 AM
CQR

Mike It all depends on load ratings. If you don't carry much weight on your truck than a load range C(6 ply) or D(8 ply) will be fine. If you are gonna load it up once in a while run the E(10 Ply) rated tires. I Don't recommend a P-rated tire on a 3/4 ton. but a 1/2 ton is ok.
Old December 23rd, 2013, 10:28 AM

Thanks all for the kind words regarding Min don't know where she gets it from

Those sure are some nice pics you guys put up, would love to have that weather right about now. Too hot here for my liking

How are you getting on with that window Jamesbo?

How long is that electric bill for Sandy? 1 month?

Time for work, might get out early being Christmas eve but I doubt it

Adrian
Old December 23rd, 2013, 04:28 PM
Cutlass Lover

John.... thank you and Daria so much for the package and the card! what a pleasant surprise!! That was very kind of you all.

Adrian..... yep that was one months bill. When I called Ohio Edison to ask why it was $82 last month and $205 this month I got the story about how the person probably didn't read the meter right last month so they adjust it.... whatever. We do have the Christmas lights on now and the heat so I expected it to be high but not quite that high!

Nicole and I took the gifts for our family out from under the tree to take to Lins tomorrow and she was so sad when there wasn't one for her from Larry. She kept saying 'Jr, Elyse, you, another one for Jr, another one for Elyse.... nope, none for me. It hurt my heart.

Larry didn't talk to her at all tonight. Of course she's trying to stay in her room out of his way. He hasn't said that much to me either come to think of it. Don't think I'll lose sleep over it, lol.

Nicole ran the sweeper this afternoon and mopped the floors. She started the laundry and I'm finishing it. I'm tired. Guess I'll go put on my jammies and sit down and watch some TV. Have a great evening all!!
Old December 23rd, 2013, 06:22 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Well, after spending a few days below freezing with ice and snow on the ground, it has been in the 50's and 60's. Rained today and cleaned all the salt off the roads. Hope iIf it stays that way, I plan to get the Cutlass out for a ride in the next few days.

Finally finished up my Christmas shopping. Had to go to a big mall close to NYC to get the last item. Talk about crowded and no place to park. Not my scene, I hate crowds.

Clint/Dan - nice pictures, thanks for posting them.

Jamesbo - If the rest of the top is old, then just replace the whole thing. Make sure they also replace the top pads, side tension cables and the front trim. If the tack strips in the rear bow are original (cardboard) it probably has disintegrated enough to need replacement. Good time to also check the weatherstripping.

Well, GTG, watching the polar express with the kids. Have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old December 24th, 2013, 12:05 AM

I feel bad for Nicole too Sandy I know Larry can be a nice guy but when he gets his knickers in a twist you don't want to be near him that's for sure

That is pretty steep for a months power Here's hoping it gets better next month.

Tink does all the Christmas shopping and was finished 6 weeks ago. Nobody would get anything if it was left up to me

In 6 hours it will be Christmas, boy how this year has flown.

Take care all,

Adrian
Old December 24th, 2013, 04:23 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Adrian Merry Christmas to you and yours since its gonna hit y'ins first.

Darrell, odd weather here. It snowed yesterday morning and last night when I came in it was about 23*. When we woke up at 4:00, it was 48* We have our yearly viewing of 'It's a wonderful life' but are gonna have to push it back to tomorrow night. Just not enough time to get er done beforehand. With all my Bah-humbugness, I sure coulda used it.

Mike, Hope you got all your tires sorted out.

Jamesbo, You're always welcome here if you need to get away.

Sandy, I feel bad for Nicole. Tor isn't having much fun either. On her way to work Sunday night, She came upon 2 accidents. One was a fatal. She said the car looked to have barrell rolled a dozen times. The interstate was littered with debris, and kids clothes, and stuff all over. Then she got to work to find out a co-worker had himself checked out for good.
Just doesn't seem "to be the happiest time of the year" as the song goes.

Well, I bought another truck. The guy is bringing it over to the shop today. I didn't need it but I couldn't pass it up. Its a lifetime garaged, one owner, 89k mile 1988 Toyota Dlx 4x pick-up. I've serviced it for years and always told them I was interested in it. I was expecting to pay $3500 or better for it, but he said he only wanted $1500. I couldn't make my mouth say "no thanks'.

Have a merry Christmas eve all.
Old December 24th, 2013, 04:54 AM

Chili in de sunny south.

Jes cooked 4 lbs of sausage to start making Sausage swirls fer de Super Models family get together. I think maybe 6 cans of Cresent Rolls ought make about 150 sausage swirls

Trying to find a heated garage closer dan de lake so I can get this [these] windows fixed.

Sandy, If I'd known earlier Larry was gonna be a Richard, I'd sent Nicole sum'in.

GTG de stove awaits me
Old December 24th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

X2 on chilly in the south. Looks like it will be a nice day, for those who are wearing 18 layers of clothing.

My sister is trying to talk me into driving to Pensacola for the day. I don't think so. I'd like to spend Christmas with my family but that's half the day driving, plus the dogs would have to come with me and there's no place for them there.

Clint I've got Load Range D on there now. The tires are just down to the wear markers and they are more of an off road looking tire, and the lugs on the side of the tread are starting to crack and a chunk has come off the right rear. So, instead of looking for a beater car to drive I'm spending my money on new tires and driving the truck to work. It's been beaten by two hail storms, what's a couple parking lot dings. I'm gonna get Michelin LTX Load Range E.

Jamesbo you've inspired me. I'm going to ask the Awful house if they will make me a sausage swirl instead of a biscuit. Is your party today? I'll save you a sandwich.

Sandy things ought to be interesting around your house for Christmas. Hope you can make the best of it. I agree with Clint. This isn't the best time of year for me. I'm sort of glad it's just the dogs and me this time around.

One of these years I'll go over there for Christmas, Adrian. My friends have been wanting me to for a long time. I think I'd like to be opening presents when it's 85* out.

Okay off to Awful house. Have a good day everyone hope you all get off work early today.
Old December 24th, 2013, 06:29 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Merry Christmas Eve All

Yup it's chilly here too. Sun is shining though so it will be a better day, just not as warm.

All is quiet here, before the strom that is

Mike my house isn't big at all. Actually it is quite modest to say the least. It's just the fact that my wife goes all out with the cooking and such, everyone else seems to just come help put away the grub, grab their presents and then exit stage left. Oh well it comes with the territory I suppose

Well I hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas!
Old December 24th, 2013, 07:19 AM

Well, after I'm done with my coffee, I'll blow out the drive as we got about 5-6" of the white stuff. They ended up with 12" where I work, went in for four hours and had 8" on the cars when we got out, and it was coming down at a rate of 2-3" per hour, according to the weather man. Driving home was slow. Gotta wrap a couple of gifts, then head to my brothers place in Grand Haven, about 15 miles south. Everyone have a safe Holiday.
Old December 24th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Well it's snowing here, temps at 20 degrees and winds are blowing. I feel as Christmasy as a rock.

Thanks all for the kind words for Nicole. My heart hurts for her. No one deserves to be treated the way she is treated. No one.

Clint... I'm sorry your daughter is in a slump too. It is surely NOT the most wonderful time of the year. To me, that is May June and July! I just saw where someone was killed at a Mall... talk about your Merry Christmases!! People are just weird anymore.

I made the deviled eggs this morning for tomorrow. None of my sisters are coming down, so it will just be Jr, Elyse and the girlfriend here for dinner. Whoopie.......

I'm really in a funk today and I'm trying so hard not to be. I think depression and a little self pity is trying to creep in. I gotta stay strong so I don't upset anyone around me. I have to go in and make the stockings so they're ready to take up to Linda's with me. Got a reminder call this morning for my appt. with Dr. Rehmus on Thursday.... they couldn't even say Merry Christmas, lol.

Sounds like you all are prepared for the festivities. Mike, I'd join you if I could, lol. Sometimes I like to be by myself too. I get along with me real well!

Well you all have a good Christmas Eve. I'm sure I'll feel better later on today. Be safe if you're out on the roads... or even walking through a mall! Love ya!!
Old December 24th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas, all! Double-ditto for da' "cool in da' South" statement; 'twas 27 in da' mountains. Get dat gas fireplace cranked up....

YW, Sandy. It ain't much; just a thought. Hint: for CDM coffee, I'll tell you like I told Mike: blend 1/3 CDM in w/ 2/3 of your regular coffee just to test it; then increase the percentages from there if you like what you taste. And it's also much better if you drink it w/ hot milk (café au lait).

So sorry about Nicole (and Richard). Stay strong! ;-)

Beautiful pic's, Clint & Dan. Clint's could be a Courier & Ives, and Dan's could be from a Michigan Lighthouses calendar.

Jamesbo, hope you can keep it sane; maybe if you just keep cooking until it's time to fix the windows, you can stay out of trouble (and the mental ward).

Hope everybody has a Joyeux Noël.
Old December 24th, 2013, 09:05 AM

John, You in de mountains fer de Holidays?

I see a road trip in my near future
Old December 24th, 2013, 05:33 PM

Just a quick visit tonite to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!
Old December 25th, 2013, 04:33 AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS Olds friends