The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2024, 04:04 PM
Running On Empty

Surprisingly (I guess), I had a couple large limbs down and a fair number of smaller branches on the ground from Debby winds. A couple of real soakers and ~40mph winds but no lake(s) in the backyard. The ditch out back is full to the brim. So far completely unscathed.
Old August 8th, 2024, 04:15 PM
Running On Empty

Stage is being set for the next TS. Roll the dice...

Old August 8th, 2024, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Of course 1972 was a complete total **** up beyond all belief.
Surprisingly (I guess), I had a couple large limbs down and a fair number of smaller branches on the ground from Debby winds. A couple of real soakers and ~40mph winds but no lake(s) in the backyard. The ditch out back is full to the brim. So far completely unscathed.
Yes, Munich was a total stressor to say the least!

Glad it hasn't been any worse than that at your place Norm. Doesn't sound like the clean-up should be too bad. "oldsrush" (James) over in your neck of the woods said he had +12-inches where he is, and his primary road has several feet of water over it. I have no info on any damage to his personal property. You're in our prayers Norm, I hope the worst is past you!
Old August 8th, 2024, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Supernice88
Still not as bad as when my parents left me in their store when I was five. They didn't figure it out until a neighbor to the store called them. Not to worry, I was locked in there. I come from a big family and there was five of us plus a neighbor hood kid that went to the store and my mother counted the heads when she left the store forgetting she had an extra rider. I think back and wonder why my siblings never told them I was missing.
One of my childhood friends told me about the time a whole bunch of his cousins were heading to a swimming hole on the cousins farm. When they got there a parent noticed one of the kids was missing and asked where she was. The kids said she fell out the back of the pickup truck a while ago. Apparently none of them said anything about it until they were asked.
Old August 8th, 2024, 05:07 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
One of my childhood friends told me about the time a whole bunch of his cousins were heading to a swimming hole on the cousins farm. When they got there a parent noticed one of the kids was missing and asked where she was. The kids said she fell out the back of the pickup truck a while ago. Apparently none of them said anything about it until they were asked.
I just blew a large shrimp out my nostrils!

Old August 8th, 2024, 05:08 PM
Running On Empty

Here's one for the books...

Old August 8th, 2024, 05:17 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Glad it hasn't been any worse than that at your place Norm. Doesn't sound like the clean-up should be too bad. "oldsrush" (James) over in your neck of the woods said he had +12-inches where he is, and his primary road has several feet of water over it. I have no info on any damage to his personal property. You're in our prayers Norm, I hope the worst is past you!
Oldsrush is ~60 miles South of me.
Old August 8th, 2024, 05:18 PM

The difference between a truss and a frame.

Also, most children have not learned to be actual human beings until well into their teenage years. Caring about your fellow man has to be learned.
Old August 8th, 2024, 05:22 PM
Running On Empty

Within the past three hours they've raised the likelihood of TS formation from 40%>50% over the next seven days. Roll the dice...

Old August 8th, 2024, 05:47 PM

E? Edsel, Ethylene, Ethel, Elnora, Evil-Lyn (spelled Masters of the Universe style), Eggbert, Ebay.
Old August 8th, 2024, 06:01 PM

My sister was with my aunt and mother in a Sears store and kept telling them she had to pee. Mother looks Around to see her perched on a toilet display. Mother left but my aunt went and pulled her off
Old August 8th, 2024, 06:06 PM

Old August 8th, 2024, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
E? Edsel, Ethylene, Ethel, Elnora, Evil-Lyn (spelled Masters of the Universe style), Eggbert, Ebay.
How bout one from one of my favorite movies, Gone in 60-seconds.
Eleanor!
Old August 8th, 2024, 06:36 PM
Running On Empty

Old August 9th, 2024, 06:23 AM
Running On Empty

Netflix will no longer support my Roku2 (ancient) streaming device starting 9/3/2024. I have a perfectly functional large JVC CRT TV with no HDMI (only std. RCA jacks). However, you can convert HDMI>RCA with appropriate adapter. Since Roku has apparently elected to force-feed users to a new chipset (making millions of Roku devices no longer compatible w/ Netflix) I'm switching to the Amazon Fire TV Stick, instead. I ordered the stick & adapter today. Hope this plays out well.
Old August 9th, 2024, 06:54 AM

Norm - We have used the Fire Sticks for several years now and like them. Hope it works well for you.
Old August 9th, 2024, 08:04 AM

Netflix will no longer support my Roku2 (ancient) streaming device starting 9/3/2024. I have a perfectly functional large JVC CRT TV with no HDMI (only std. RCA jacks). However, you can convert HDMI>RCA with appropriate adapter. Since Roku has apparently elected to force-feed users to a new chipset (making millions of Roku devices no longer compatible w/ Netflix) I'm switching to the Amazon Fire TV Stick, instead. I ordered the stick & adapter today. Hope this plays out well.
Hi def TVs make a big difference.

One of the issues with HDMI is piracy. You can ride the anti-piracy measures through the HDMI to your final destination, or you can typically convert to analog at any point and use it (which is what your adapter will successfully do for you). The issue is getting digital video or audio out of the HDMI. Most people are like "why would we want to do that?" and most people are correct, you can ride the HDMI to the final device. They do this so you can't have unprotected digital feed coming out of a device and run it to a PC and record it for a lossless copy for piracy. Those of use that want to listen to multichannel albums have to use only certain universal disc players that have multichannel analog outs, because there is no way to get a digital stream out of a player other than HDMI which is usually only stereo. I miss '70s piracy, it was understood you'd make a reel tape copy of your LP, and it was fine.
Old August 9th, 2024, 08:12 AM
Running On Empty

Hi def TVs make a big difference.

One of the issues with HDMI is piracy. You can ride the anti-piracy measures through the HDMI to your final destination, or you can typically convert to analog at any point and use it (which is what your adapter will successfully do for you). The issue is getting digital video or audio out of the HDMI. Most people are like "why would we want to do that?" and most people are correct, you can ride the HDMI to the final device. They do this so you can't have unprotected digital feed coming out of a device and run it to a PC and record it for a lossless copy for piracy. Those of use that want to listen to multichannel albums have to use only certain universal disc players that have multichannel analog outs, because there is no way to get a digital stream out of a player other than HDMI which is usually only stereo. I miss '70s piracy, it was understood you'd make a reel tape copy of your LP, and it was fine.
I'm w/ you John.
Old August 9th, 2024, 11:00 AM
Running On Empty

Disturbance 1 is now 60% TS formation w/in next seven days. Roll the dice...
Old August 9th, 2024, 11:04 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - Did you order the Logic Board? I sure hope R&R of the Logic Board fixes your issue since I see no Console With Membrane available anywhere for your beastly machine.
Old August 9th, 2024, 01:05 PM
9 thats what I mean 11

It will be Ernesto.
Old August 9th, 2024, 03:20 PM

Norm - Don't know if you already heard this or not, but Chi Chi Rodriguez passed at the age of 88. He was always fun to watch out on the course, great personality!
Old August 9th, 2024, 03:29 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Norm - Don't know if you already heard this or not, but Chi Chi Rodriguez passed at the age of 88. He was always fun to watch out on the course, great personality!
Chris - First I heard. Thanks. Oh yes, I recall Chi Chi quite well during his playing days with his sword antics.
Old August 9th, 2024, 03:38 PM

Chris - First I heard. Thanks. Oh yes, I recall Chi Chi quite well during his playing days with his sword antics.
I didn't know any of this until I started reading his Bio. Although he only won 8 events on the regular PGA tour, he won 22 events, including 2 Majors on the Senior tour, pretty significant stats.
Old August 9th, 2024, 04:10 PM
Running On Empty

Some of the funniest golf matches I recall during Chi Chi's playing days were when he was paired or in a foursome w/ Lee Trevino. Between the two of them they drew half the walking gallery at most events - both were real cards.
Old August 9th, 2024, 04:32 PM

Ya, they sure were. They both gave you the impression they were enjoying every minute out there whether they were playing good, bad, or indifferent. Love to see that!
Old August 9th, 2024, 05:32 PM
Running On Empty

Old August 9th, 2024, 06:39 PM
Running On Empty

Disturbance 1 is now 70% TS formation w/in next seven days. Roll the dice...
Old August 9th, 2024, 07:35 PM

Norm - What is the center item? I thought maybe a salmon pattie?
Old August 9th, 2024, 07:48 PM

Crabcake?
Old August 9th, 2024, 07:56 PM
Running On Empty

Crabcake. I did buy a couple pounds of fresh wild Coho salmon for the weekend.

Watching ‘Jack Reacher’ - pretty good.
Old August 9th, 2024, 08:17 PM

Watching ‘Jack Reacher’ - pretty good.
The movie or the TV series? I love the movie!

Speaking of salmon patties, I haven't had them since I was a kid, but used to love the way my Mom made them. Gonna have to get a couple cans and attempt them. I think I can remember what she used to put in them. I'll look up a couple of recipes and check my memory.
Old August 9th, 2024, 08:49 PM
Running On Empty

Movie
Old August 10th, 2024, 12:36 AM

Jim - Did you order the Logic Board? I sure hope R&R of the Logic Board fixes your issue since I see no Console With Membrane available anywhere for your beastly machine.
Norm, Many tanks for all of your help. My main man [at the lake] says yes, it's quite possible the logic board is TU BUT he sys the key pads are FUBAR and they need to be replaced so anything will function as it should, I found a key pad membrane with no guts [electronics] for only $900That they can keep
Old August 10th, 2024, 01:09 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Jamesbo you must be here at overtime with me. The first thought that popped into my head this morning when the alarm went off was, this is vulgar. The alarm, the getting up before the chickens, the red lights with no traffic, the being at work on Saturday. It's all vulgar.

I'm second guessing the color I've chosen for the living room. It's a light, sort of bright yellow that I saw on a Dodge truck. Sort of like margarine. The kitchen is yellow, and I'm worried that margarine will be too close to the yellow and not look right. The floor is going to be honey oak so it can't be too dark. We already have lavender and seafoam green in the house, and I hate light blue. That leaves some sort of brown. Yick.

Got some mowing done yesterday. This afternoon is prepping for paint. The painters will be there on Monday morning.

Well lots of wheels built up but no cards. Everyone will be standing around until almost 5. Hey I'm getting paid a lot to sit here.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Old August 10th, 2024, 03:14 AM

Mike, We charge extra for funerals on Saturday and Sunday but........................................ headed norte after the one at 11
Old August 10th, 2024, 03:27 AM
Always room for one more

But Jamesbo some people can only die on the weekend because they work during the week.

Old August 10th, 2024, 06:04 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - That is stupid money ($900). Buy a new dryer (obviously).

Mike - Light colors like beige or off-white are excellent colors for a living room. They help make the living room enclosure appear larger.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; August 10th, 2024 at 06:18 AM.
Old August 10th, 2024, 06:19 AM
Running On Empty

Disturbance 1 is now 80%. Roll the dice...
Old August 10th, 2024, 06:24 AM
Always room for one more

Norm this is a pretty big room anyway, that's why I wanted something darker. Mom would be happy with rental beige. Not me. I also wanted a darker floor. Nope. Heck I don't care, she's the one that has to see it all day. And anything is better that what we got.

I got my first wheel this morning at a few minutes after 5. My wall guy has just converted from contractor to employee, so his signoff authority has gone away, so another guy has to sign his stuff then give it to me. His buddy isn't a ball of fire either so I wait and wait and then get handed 5 or 6 cards at a time. Whatever. We're almost done anyway so we'll be sitting until noon.

Time for a walk. Been sitting too long.