The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2024, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
I'm sure everyone who supports NGA is performing admirably monitoring developments of select players in the Arctic.
The world, and the threat, was so much simpler when the only really dangerous bad actor was the Soviet Union. Now, the threat might be found under any given rock you turn over. The paradigm for what it takes to keep this country safe today, is exponentially more complex and difficult. Most have no idea!
Old August 1st, 2024, 01:11 PM

Do any of my Olds friends know anything about Indian food [dot not feather] a friend convinced me to buy some Masala today

Last edited by Jamesbo; August 1st, 2024 at 01:15 PM.
Old August 1st, 2024, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Do any of my Olds friends know anything about Indian food [dot not feather] a friend convinced me to buy some Masala today
I know I like it, but I couldn't make any of it myself.
Old August 1st, 2024, 01:26 PM

Chicken Tika Masala is what I'm thinking about slinging together [with store bought sauce]]
Old August 1st, 2024, 01:32 PM

Most Indian food is hot and funky spicy and gives one the *****.
Old August 1st, 2024, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
Most Indian food is hot and funky spicy and gives one the *****.

That's why I have avoided it for all these years [Curry in a Hurry type meals]This Masala isn'r hot [ i tasted a spoonful]
Old August 1st, 2024, 02:51 PM
Running On Empty

I absolutely love Asian Indian food. Gram Masala or Chan Masala? You're basically substituting Star Anise for mango. I prefer Gram Masala, I'm partial to Star Anise. It has a mild taste of licorice. Masala is essentially a Curry a blend of spices. Most of the Masals are generally distinctive to a region in India. As most Curries are distinctive to a region. Don't forget to make some sugar coated Fennel Seeds and I love Indian Flat Bread to soak up the sauce.
Old August 1st, 2024, 03:10 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
The world, and the threat, was so much simpler when the only really dangerous bad actor was the Soviet Union. Now, the threat might be found under any given rock you turn over. The paradigm for what it takes to keep this country safe today, is exponentially more complex and difficult. Most have no idea!
The general population has no idea and for the most part they shouldn't have any idea(s). It compromises security (one) and we pay dearly to delegate ownership & responsibility to our various security forces so the average person can live in peace without fear from adversaries.
Old August 1st, 2024, 03:15 PM
Running On Empty

Chicken Tika Masala is what I'm thinking about slinging together [with store bought sauce]]
You're close to making my favorite Indian dish except I prefer Potato Tikka Masala to Chicken but I think a nice compromise is both chicken & potatoes. I'm now starving.
Old August 1st, 2024, 03:19 PM

The general population has no idea and for the most part they shouldn't have any idea(s). It compromises security (one) and we pay dearly to delegate ownership & responsibility to our various security forces so the average person can live in peace without fear from adversaries.
Agree 100%, so true!
Old August 1st, 2024, 03:20 PM
Running On Empty

Agree 100%, so true!
I already knew you did.

Old August 1st, 2024, 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=slantflat;1584072]Good morning everyone.
When I was in Ohio I still woke up during the night, wondering why Tiger wasn't waking me up.

Finally got the afternoon to myself. I need to take the convertible to the body shop to have them look at the back bumper. I really need to move the Spartan trailer and get the Valiant out of the shed behind the Spartan. The roof has been caving in.

Mike The Shepherds value their routines nice that you recognize.

Sounds like you may be a sawsall blade or 2 from owning 3 verts...

keepkeeping on
Old August 1st, 2024, 04:34 PM

Mike - Hang in there buddy, keep your head down and just do your job, regardless of what they throw at ya. Said this before, but my last couple of years were HELL, I only stayed because it was gonna make a considerable difference in my pension! Keep your eye on the prize and get out as soon as you know you can comfortably make it, there are no guarantees how long any of us will be here. Praying for the best for ya!
Good morning guys,

Inside for a moment cooling off from working in the garage on my car. Got up too late and didn't get out nearly as early as I had hoped. Won't get nearly as much done as I had hoped. I have my portable radio outside and heard this song come on which I've played probably a 100 times. Made sure my girls listened to it, more than once, hopefully it stuck. The grandkids are next. This song is as much a universal truth as any I've heard. My Dad taught me that 30-years before the song existed.

https://youtu.be/pY_9y7QKoVg?feature=shared
Good tune and some life lessons...Thanks for the share
Old August 1st, 2024, 04:37 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - Not sure if you have Netflix but I'll almost guarantee you'd like the movie Megan Leavey.
Old August 1st, 2024, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by otto72
Good tune and some life lessons...Thanks for the share
Thanks pardner!
Old August 1st, 2024, 04:44 PM

Mike - Not sure if you have Netflix but I'll almost guarantee you'd like the movie Megan Leavey.
Amen

Old August 1st, 2024, 04:51 PM

Thanks pardner!
Could not help but think of this good ole tune when I read "Pardner" "You tip you hat to this lady son"

I feel that gravel fly'n and wheels reel'n everytime .... And that guy that didn't even have a garage

Old August 1st, 2024, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by otto72
Could not help but think of this good ole tune when I read "Pardner" "You tip you hat to this lady son"
I feel that gravel fly'n and wheels reel'n everytime .... And that guy that didn't even have a garage

https://youtu.be/EJrRwTTqm0o
Keith - Great tune and great artist! I haven't heard that one in quite awhile, thanks for sharing! 👍
Old August 2nd, 2024, 01:13 AM
Always room for one more

"But it's four in the morning and what's more the dawning just woke up the wanting in me."

Good morning everyone.

Extra early morning. Tiger was adamant that we go out at 130 this morning. We went out at 11 and he didn't go potty so I figured he really had to go. Nope, spent 15 minutes eating grass. I was ate up with mosquito's and my legs itched something fierce. So I thought, why not just stay up and have a shower and get things going early. I'm sure I'll pay for it later. But gosh here we are.

Norm I've already seen that movie. It had Channing Tatum in it. Same deal, extended time with dog, dog teaches love, dog and person separated, dog and person come together at the end.

Got a trailer and a Valiant moved yesterday. Couldn't move the Spartan because I need a floor jack to lift up the tongue and it's at the other house. From the looks of it, the roof fell in and dropped a bunch of pine needles and muck on the car but no structure actually touched it. When I can get it pulled out I'm going to clean it up real good and then I'll know for sure. I did start pulling away some of the 2x4's and shingles. I planned on tearing that structure down anyway but not at this time.

Lots of wheels built up so I'll have something to do this morning. I wouldn't mind getting out a little early today, but I'm sure we'll stay till the end. John whenever I get out of here, and it will be years, I'm going to use that line on the lead. Whatever lead is here.

Hm, it's well after 4 and no wall guy, and all these wheels are not ready for me. Maybe I won't have anything to do. Well then, nap time.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Old August 2nd, 2024, 04:47 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
Norm I've already seen that movie. It had Channing Tatum in it. Same deal, extended time with dog, dog teaches love, dog and person separated, dog and person come together at the end.
Mike - Channing Tatum was not a cast member of the movie Megan Leavey. I think you're thinking of Dog.

Old August 2nd, 2024, 06:13 AM
Always room for one more

You're absolutely right Norm, what I was saying was the two movies are almost the same. They both started with a dog that was difficult and a person with problems. Along the way they decided to like each other, then they were separated, then they came together in the end.

One wall guy came in around 5 and boy howdy he spooled up and gave me 23 wheels that I signed before 6. By contrast, my different but still slow wall guy has given me 9 wheels in 2 1/2 hours. He's more interested in his phone than doing his work. And the lead isn't here so there's no hope.

Old August 2nd, 2024, 06:52 AM
Running On Empty

One wall guy came in around 5 and boy howdy he spooled up and gave me 23 wheels that I signed before 6. By contrast, my different but still slow wall guy has given me 9 wheels in 2 1/2 hours. He's more interested in his phone than doing his work. And the lead isn't here so there's no hope.
First wall guy got the Turbo.
Second wall guy Turbo option unavailable.
Old August 2nd, 2024, 08:47 AM

Good morning guys,

Mike - Hey it's Friday, hope you get out early, despite the situation.

Norm - I hope you get a break soon from the heat and humidity, it's no fun doing anything outside when it's like this. We're supposed to get a little break from it today and then it starts creeping up again.

I got out to the garage earlier this morning, about 0730 and now I have everything detailed on the car that really needed to be done. Tomorrow morning I'll pull the cover off the top and decide whether the top vinyl needs cleaned/treated again, it doesn't take long. I usually wait until I'm at a Show to dust/vacuum with a handheld vacuum.

So I'm out working on the car with the big double door open for some air circulation and I see one of the neighbor ladies from down the street walking her 10 lb yippie dog down our street. When she gets to our house she let's him walk up into our yard and **** all over our mailbox, making absolutely no attempt to keep him out of our yard. I walk out and say, hey, what are you doing, you shouldn't let your dog go up onto people's property and pee all over their plants or belongings! What do I get, not an I'm sorry, but an excuse, she says, well I can't stop him if he has to go. I say to her, bull***** he weighs all of 10 lbs, and I watched you, you made absolutely no effort to keep him in the street. She says, well aren't you a good neighbor. I said, if he comes in my yard again I'll call the Police and I'll file a report. She says, my husband will be down to discuss this with you. I said, you send him right on down and I'll be glad to tell him the same thing I told you. Never did an I'm sorry come out of her mouth! I haven't heard a knock on the door yet?

Going to a Select Hockey Skills Day for my middle grandson Keegan (age 6) tonight. I've seen his older brother Gabe play many times, but this will be Keegan's 1st year in organized hockey and I've never seen him on ice skates before. The Skills Days are kind of like the NFL Combine if you know what that is. All the League Coaches come and watch the potential players go through a series of drills/tests and they use that knowledge when they hold a Draft to set the teams for the upcoming season. Should be fun!

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend!

Old August 2nd, 2024, 08:53 AM

Chris, Did ya wear your wife beater shirt?
Old August 2nd, 2024, 09:07 AM
Always room for one more

Chris you brute! You know what's funny, a woman told me the exact same thing when she let her dog crap next to my mailbox. I got in my truck and chased her down the street. She thought I was going to run over her. I said, I don't want you to walk in front of my house anymore. She said, I can walk anywhere I want. But the next day I was on the front porch and here she comes. When she got to my house she crossed the street. Bahaha! She was an old biddy but she met her match with me. I'm responsible for my dog, others need to be responsible for theirs.

Slim pickin's but someone must be working because we are only a few away from being done. I've got a couple things to look up but if we go home early I'll be glad to do that at home. Looks like a nice day out, I'm gonna continue on my Valiant extrication. No overtime for me this weekend, I have a meeting to go to tomorrow.

Old August 2nd, 2024, 09:14 AM

Chris, Did ya wear your wife beater shirt?
Well, I had a tank top on. Is every tank top t-shirt a "wife beater"?
Old August 2nd, 2024, 09:20 AM

Chris you brute! You know what's funny, a woman told me the exact same thing when she let her dog crap next to my mailbox. I got in my truck and chased her down the street.
Mike - Now that is funny! Glad I'm not the only one aggravated by that type of irresponsible dog ownership.
Old August 2nd, 2024, 09:46 AM
Running On Empty

If it develops they're calling it Debby, I guess. Either way arrival here should be sometime between next Wed through Fri.

Old August 2nd, 2024, 09:54 AM
Running On Empty

It's absolutely unbearable outdoors. H.I.=102°F, DP= 76°F, Humidity=70% & I was outdoors working a weed whacking string edger in this stuff and no relief in sight for some days. Think I'll plan out my Netflix movie schedule for several days. I recall all too well what heat exhaustion/stroke feels like - no thanks.
Old August 2nd, 2024, 10:22 AM
Always room for one more

Norm you need to plan a chocolate malted. I'll be right over.

We are finished. And not a moment too soon. The tire retriever has gone haywire and slams itself into the wall. So no more tires. I wonder if overtime will still happen tomorrow. I understand not spending money ***** nilly but hell these machines we have in here are over 30 years old and held together with duct tape and baling wire. Parts are long unavailable and the plant maintenance guys are keeping these things going with patches on top of patches. I'm careful not to just wish for new equipment. That would mean the shop would be shut down for several weeks, and the tires would have to be done elsewhere. The company might decide that's better and not open back up. Then I'd have to find a place where I'd most likely have to do work and I don't want that.

Old August 2nd, 2024, 10:40 AM

Chris, a wife beater is an undershirt tank tank top with ribs. They are white as they are undershirts. A tank top made out of T shirt material with graphics and colors is not a wife beater, it's just a tank top. Also called guniea tees, they are stereotypical Italian-American gear popularized in the movie of A Streetcar Named Desire by Marlon Brando. I knew a guy in my boarding school, Italian guy from New York. He got called on the carpet in a school meeting about something that happened after hours, and he led his explanation off with something like "Ayyyooo, I was sitting there watching them run the playstation in my wife beater and thennn..." and about that time a bunch of proto-feminists (you, know, the high school girls that DON'T get cat-called and suffer from some existential angst because they're supposed to hate it, but supposed to be hot enough for it to happen in the first place) hit the roof over the term and there was a massive bitch-fest. School term was "ribbed tank top" from there on out.

I also think you need a .410 shotgun with some rock salt shells. Call it Becky and threaten to introduce it to the dog's backside.

Mike, it's good when stuff is down and it's not your fault. The west plant at my work is going to be down for 4 months due to this recall. They are painting EVERYTHING....twice.

Norm, I wedged in most of a mow before it started raining again. I was debating doing the slope with damp grass from last night, the Lord said bad idea and rained on me to tell me so. I got the belts on and working on Wed and made half the front yard and completely lost steering. This joint was failing for a while, the new one is much more solid. I agree, it is too hot and humid to do much. The side yard will just stay uncut for now.

Last edited by Koda; August 2nd, 2024 at 10:50 AM.
Old August 2nd, 2024, 11:19 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - You speak of an excellent idea bringing up the chocolate malted. Very happy to make you one.

John - That "should" be a simple fix.
Old August 2nd, 2024, 11:24 AM

Seems to be fine. I centered the wheels and the wheel and screwed it on the stud enough to drop in the hole on the knuckle, then put nut on on knuckle and torqued, and torqued the jam nut.
Old August 2nd, 2024, 11:27 AM
Running On Empty

John - Were able to source it locally?
Old August 2nd, 2024, 11:49 AM

Yes, Tractor Supply carries both it and its older model brother.
Old August 2nd, 2024, 11:54 AM

It's absolutely unbearable outdoors. H.I.=102°F, DP= 76°F, Humidity=70% & I was outdoors working a weed whacking string edger in this stuff and no relief in sight for some days. Think I'll plan out my Netflix movie schedule for several days. I recall all too well what heat exhaustion/stroke feels like - no thanks.
Norm - That's why I said earlier this morning that I hoped you'd get a break, I'd already checked to see what you were getting. A couple days ago here it was 99° actual and 115° heat index, one of the most miserable days I remember in my 41-years here.

The company might decide that's better and not open back up. Then I'd have to find a place where I'd most likely have to do work and I don't want that.
Now that's the funniest thing that has been said on here all Day! LMAO 🤣 🤣 🤣

Originally Posted by Koda
Chris, a wife beater is an undershirt tank tank top with ribs. They are white as they are undershirts. A tank top made out of T shirt material with graphics and colors is not a wife beater, it's just a tank top.

I also think you need a .410 shotgun with some rock salt shells.
John -That was exactly my understanding of the definition of a "wife beater" undershirt vs. a normal tank top. Jim keeps busting my ***** everytime he sees me in a tank top, which is about all I wear during the summertime around here.

Now is the .410 with the Rock Salt loads supposed to be used on the Owner, Dog, or Both??? I'm leaning towards just the Owner, because it sure as hell ain't the dogs fault!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; August 2nd, 2024 at 02:23 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2024, 12:30 PM

Hey, look, there's a cold front coming next week.

Old August 2nd, 2024, 12:37 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
...with an increased chance of rain. Yeah, right.
Old August 2nd, 2024, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Better break out the sweaters!
Old August 2nd, 2024, 02:09 PM

Chris, I'm so sorry, I stand corrected