The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 20th, 2024, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Grizzly Bear.

Most interesting man in the world.
Grizzly Bear. Yes! I just love to eat my Honey Or as I tell my girls, we do not need any animals in the house, you have me.
Old July 21st, 2024, 09:12 AM

Went to a car show in Greenville, Mi. yesterday. Nice show, about 10 Oldsmobiles. I'll post pics just as soon as google photos stops acting up.
Old July 21st, 2024, 09:17 AM

Good morning guys,

Went to the cruise-in at Culvers last night and my buddy with the '66 Vette met me there. The weather was perfect. Not nearly as big a turnout as I expected with the weather being so nice, but we still had had great time. I think alot of the smaller turnout was due to several other events going on in the area, especially the County Fair which always draws a big crowd around here.

Already busy this morning. My wife found a nice, used, smaller upholstered loveseat that she's going to put in her workout room, and I drove her to pick it up and get it in the house. Gotta mow sometime today, but guess it will have to be later sometime as it rained lightly earlier and the grass will be damp for quite awhile with overcast skies.

Hope you all are having a great weekend and enjoy your day!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; July 21st, 2024 at 09:20 AM.
Old July 21st, 2024, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Went to a car show in Greenville, Mi. yesterday. Nice show, about 10 Oldsmobiles. I'll post pics just as soon as google photos stops acting up.
Wow, 10 Oldsmobiles is a good showing, I'll look forward to seeing the pics.
Old July 21st, 2024, 10:54 AM

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bT5LqhXHUDaE7u3t8
Old July 21st, 2024, 11:59 AM

Dan - Great pics! 👍 Alot of really nice cars there. My 2 favorites are the Sport Fury with the 426 Wedge, and the Orange 340 Cuda. Thanks for sharing!
Old July 21st, 2024, 12:53 PM
Running On Empty

Hot & wet sums up the day working outdoors trimming hedges. Enjoyed watching ~6 separate jump-dump flights & watched ~12-14 skydivers. Sunday is a big day for jumpers. The airport is directly behind my house. I almost took a part-time job as a jump-dumper pilot while living in Florida. No, I would never jump from a plane.

Dan - I always enjoy the pictures you post. Thanks for sharing.

Classic Tombstone pizza going in the oven for dinner. Don't feel like cooking.

Old July 21st, 2024, 02:35 PM

Norm Is your soil so sandy aerification isn't necessary
Old July 21st, 2024, 02:41 PM

Hot & wet sums up the day working outdoors trimming hedges.

Classic Tombstone pizza going in the oven for dinner. Don't feel like cooking.
Did a 40-minute high intensity cardio workout, and then since I was already sopping wet, I went out and mowed/trimmed. I'm pooped! Now I'm out to get takeout pizza, a 16-inch Meatlovers from our favorite pizza place called Belacinos.
Old July 21st, 2024, 02:45 PM

Let me just put this here. Show the finished product in 20 more minutes

Last edited by HighwayStar 442; July 21st, 2024 at 02:54 PM.
Old July 21st, 2024, 03:13 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Norm Is your soil so sandy aerification isn't necessary
Jim - That question just happen to jump right out at ya? But, yes in fact. Very sandy soil here. There is a top soil but what there is very sandy & is best described as loam - sand, silt & clay.
Old July 21st, 2024, 03:15 PM
Running On Empty

I like mushrooms on pizza. One of my favorites is sausage, mushrooms & onion.
Old July 21st, 2024, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by HighwayStar 442
Let me just put this here. Show the finished product in 20 more minutes
Well, sure looks like many of us have pizza on the brain tonight!
Old July 21st, 2024, 07:12 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Rain. It was clear this morning and when I got back from Walmart I wanted to mow. Just as I went out it started sprinkling. I said screw it, I'll mow until I either get electrocuted or the mower short circuits. I actually got more done than I thought I would. Black and Decker's stuff is all double insulated. I asked my Dad once what that meant, and he said it was for people who used it standing in a puddle. Okay then.

Dan nice looking show. My favorite is the copper 442 convertible. The Bus would have been second except I've never been a fan of the Deadhead bears.

Going first thing in the morning to get the pickup aligned. I hope it doesn't take all day. The place doesn't take appointments for alignments, so I'm going to be there right when they open. I really don't want to drive up to Tennessee on Tuesday without having that done. And I sure don't want to go up to Ohio without it.

Think I'll hit the sack. Hope the week starts out well for everyone. I'm on vacation. Have a good night everyone.

Old July 21st, 2024, 07:51 PM
Running On Empty

A Million Ways To Die In The West
Old July 21st, 2024, 08:31 PM

A Million Ways To Die In The West
Offensive, racist, just plain vulgar.

Brilliant

Old July 22nd, 2024, 03:26 AM

[QUOTE=Vintage Chief;1582516]Jim - That question just happen to jump right out at ya? But, yes in fact. Very sandy soil here. There is a top soil but what there is very sandy & is best described as loam - sand, silt & clay.[/QUOTE

No. I'm looking for a drum aerator
Old July 22nd, 2024, 07:42 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
No. I'm looking for a drum aerator
I re-sodded my lawn after I bought this house & I rented a drum aerator prior to laying the sod (31 pallets). I hired a Cinco de Mayo group to lay the sod. The drum aerator I rented was a behemoth, something of the likes I'd never seen. It didn't pull plugs, it had very large spikes. It was shaped like an asphalt road roller & held ~300 gallons of H2O. Imagine something which looks like a huge (hand-held) lawn grass seed spreader but a roller drum instead w/ B&S engine driving direct driveshaft on each side of the roller drum. That thing was a beast to control but man did it aerate.
Old July 22nd, 2024, 09:39 AM

I re-sodded my lawn after I bought this house & I rented a drum aerator prior to laying the sod (31 pallets). I hired a Cinco de Mayo group to lay the sod. The drum aerator I rented was a behemoth, something of the likes I'd never seen. It didn't pull plugs, it had very large spikes. It was shaped like an asphalt road roller & held ~300 gallons of H2O. Imagine something which looks like a huge (hand-held) lawn grass seed spreader but a roller drum instead w/ B&S engine driving direct driveshaft on each side of the roller drum. That thing was a beast to control but man did it aerate.
Sounds like something the ACME corporation would sell Wile E. Coyote.
Old July 22nd, 2024, 11:05 AM
Running On Empty

It was a (modern day?) motorized version of this thing...I'd say about the same size, as well.

Old July 22nd, 2024, 11:06 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - Here's a thought (stay hydrated).

Old July 22nd, 2024, 11:07 AM
Running On Empty

Except w/ the spikes...

Old July 22nd, 2024, 12:26 PM

I needed somethinnng smaller and more manuverable to get between markers [headstones]

Last edited by Jamesbo; July 22nd, 2024 at 02:20 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2024, 02:32 PM

Mike - Hope the truck alignment went well for you.

Took 4 of the 5 grandkids on my side (Gabe, Keegan, Ollie, and Anna) to the pool/waterpark just up the street from us for about 6-hours yesterday, they had a blast and wore us out! It was great to see them have fun!

Looking forward to 2 judged Car Shows this coming weekend, one Saturday and one Sunday. Both are annual events I've been to before. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I've already had my car out to 19 events this year, ahead of last year's pace when I had it out to 16 events at the end of July.

Hope everyone is having a great day and week!

Old July 23rd, 2024, 06:11 PM
Running On Empty

I'm guessing Mike is on a road trip to Tennessee w/ his brand spanking new trailer to pick up a car & some parts - is that right?
Old July 23rd, 2024, 06:37 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Right you are Norm. What a long day. Left the house at 5am, drove 5 frickin' hours to this guy's place. It was supposed to be 4 hours, I don't know where I must have gone. Loaded up the Barracuda shell and about a hundred boxes, and took off for home. First the GPS wouldn't turn on. So I picked my way from memory through the back roads until I got to I 40. Stopped at Buckey's(I hate Buckey's) and filled up, got something to eat, messed with the phone. I turned it off and back on and the GPS worked. Go figure. On the airplane we call that cycling power. As an aside when I got to I 75 and wanted to turn it off, it wouldn't turn off.

Anyway around Chattanooga it started raining and traffic slowed to a crawl. All the way to Atlanta. Then of course since it was raining rush hour was held over. I kept an eye on the gas gauge. Towing a loaded trailer sucks the gas down. I figured I'd have enough to get home and later get back to the gas station. Nope, the light came on when I got off the expressway, and I figured I better not press my luck. So stopped on the way home for a few gallons. Gas went up 24c today while I was gone. Brilliant. Anyway I'm sure glad to be home. Tiger went with and we had a nice time together.

So tomorrow, I'm heading up to Ohio to the Amphicar thing. Nine and a half hours. I had planned to stop on the way and look at a Valiant, but I'm not bringing my flatbed and I'm going to spend my money on a Valiant I already have. A novel idea, right? Somewhere around Lexington, KY is where White Castle starts showing up. I'm stopping for sure.

Tiger is staying at Mom's tonight so I can get an extra early start in the morning. Hope he does okay until I get back. Mom sometimes fusses at him a little much. I hate that I'm not there to run interference. But this saves me big bucks at the kennel and they wouldn't treat him any better.

Okay time to hit the sack. Hope everyone had a good day and has a good evening.

Old July 23rd, 2024, 06:45 PM

Mike - Glad you got to Tennessee and back ok. Safe travels to Ohio and hope you have a fun time at the Amphicar convention.
Old July 23rd, 2024, 07:09 PM

Mike you seem to be living life large...Happy for you. How fun, enjoy the road trips and savor the time.

I think Tigers nick name is Boo

Old July 23rd, 2024, 07:23 PM

Mike, do they do that “power cycling” thing on the airplanes when they’re already in the air? I thought that was just a Windows thing.

As for the GPS, that’s why I always have a real map handy.
Old July 24th, 2024, 07:44 AM

Good morning guys,

Ok, it's getting close, so I have to ask. Are any of you guys excited about the Paris Olympics starting on Friday? NBC has the primary television rights, but alot of the coverage will be on it's affiliate Peacock, which by everything I've read will be live streaming coverage almost 24/7.

I have always enjoyed watching the Olympics. I enjoy so many of sports, especially Track and Field, which I participated in in Highschool, way back when the distances were still measured in Yards, not Meters! My Dad was also a Highschool Track Coach for many years, and then there is my youngest daughter Blaire who was a nationally ranked Track athlete for several years in the High Jump and Pentathlon. I was interviewed and hired to coach the local Jr. Highschool Track Team for 3-yrs when my daughters attended there. I only volunteered to do it because I wanted my daughters to have a Coach who actually knew something about the sport. I was also a USA Track and Field (USATF) Certified Athletics Official from 2000 - 2008. So yes, I love Track and Field!

I also enjoy watching many of the other sports too including swimming, gymnastics, basketball, weight lifting, wrestling, and boxing.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; July 24th, 2024 at 07:52 AM.
Old July 24th, 2024, 08:21 AM
Running On Empty

I enjoy watching any Olympic event. I'll have limited live viewing since I don't have television access (no cable), so what is available to me will have to be via cable Internet.
Old July 24th, 2024, 08:25 AM

I enjoy watching any Olympic event. I'll have limited live viewing since I don't have television access (no cable), so what is available to me will have to be via cable Internet.
Norm - Thanks for the response, I hope you can get access to alot of it.
Old July 24th, 2024, 12:59 PM

Hey Chris, there's some sketchy looking guy from the Ozarks, using your name on his I.D.!! Mike, safe travels to the amphi. meet. I do like watching the Olympics, but as eraly as I get to bed, it may not be worth it to start watching. Not gonna pay extra for peacock.
Old July 24th, 2024, 02:08 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got here to Ohio a little while ago, and the trip was right at 9 1/2 hours. But I stopped a couple times, got caught up in traffic a couple times, so I didn't make bad time. I need to hit Walmart for a couple things then it's off to Bob Evans for dinner. I already had White Castle today. Yum!

Kenneth no the pilots don't turn the power off in flight. Whatever isn't working they turn off and write it up. Now, if there's a big problem like the generators aren't working, then they can shed power to things like the galley and the entertainment system.

Chris I hope your girls appreciated the experience they had of you being their coach, like you did with your dad. I know you appreciated coaching them.

[Brain fart I forgot what your name is] I don't take Tiger as much as I'd like. He rides real well but if I had to be away from the truck more than a couple minutes he'd be upset and there's no need to heep that on him. Or if the temp is going to be extreme, or someone else is going with me, or I couldn't help him out very much like stopping for him to go potty or whatever. He stayed with Mom last night and I talked to her earlier, she said Tiger slept all night and all day. I guess napping in the car can be quite tiresome. Sometimes I do call him Boo.

I went right past the town where that Valiant is I was supposed to look at. I was sad. But then I started thinking about all the plans I have for the Valiant at home. I wanted to turn around and go home and start working right away. But then I saw Joe with his Amphi on the highway and I was excited to get here.

Okay Walmart.

Old July 24th, 2024, 03:33 PM

Hey Chris, there's some sketchy looking guy from the Ozarks, using your name on his I.D.!!
Ya, I don't know who that lunatic is? Can't be me, that guy doesn't have gray hair and a gray beard! Scammers everywhere!
Old July 24th, 2024, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone.
Chris I hope your girls appreciated the experience they had of you being their coach, like you did with your dad. I know you appreciated coaching them.
Mike - Glad to hear you got up to Celina safely. Hope the White Castle doesn't jump up and bite you later tonight. I love their double cheeseburgers and onion rings . . . But sometimes they don't like me! It can be a crapshoot, pun intended!

Ya, all 3 of us had a good time when I was coaching and I know they appreciated it.
Old July 25th, 2024, 06:27 PM

Hi guys,

Hope everyone has had a good day. After we had the new floors put in last February, we went out and bought a new living room couch ensemble. It was an off-white color, with large chase lounges on each end. We both thought we'd like it, neither of us really did. It got too dirty, too fast, from the dogs, and it really wasn't as comfortable as we thought it would be, so we decided to sell it already. Took a $600 loss on it, live and learn. Today we got our new living room set, a gray couch ensemble, with a power recliner chair on one end, and a power reclining chase on the other end (pic1). Now, can anyone tell me what they think the table in the pic used to be that we're now using as a coffee table? I'm adding a close-up of the table (pic 2). I'm betting Jim and Norm will know what the table was in it's previous life!

Old July 25th, 2024, 06:35 PM

The top of it looks like the overhead woodwork of an old covered front porch built in the 30's-40's. The rest, no idea.
Old July 25th, 2024, 06:40 PM

The top of it looks like the overhead woodwork of an old covered front porch built in the 30's-40's. The rest, no idea.
Dan - I see your point about the top, but nope. It is all one original piece, made for a specific purpose. I'll give others awhile to chime in. Thanks for the guess.
Old July 25th, 2024, 06:42 PM

For repairing sailcloth?