The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

I'm going to pick up the Money Pit today, recouring thread

Search this Thread

Old October 11th, 2022, 07:06 AM

I'm going to pick up the Money Pit today, recouring thread

Well it's still not 100% done, new cluster(not cheap) and still no speed-o, something to do with a modular or something down deep. Anyway, I need it for a couple small road trips before the weather changes to winter and I have to switch to 4-wheel drive and rubber boots ... UGG. Not all is lost as the GF is learning to drive the Miata and loves it., so I have a trade-off driver should I get pooped on the longer drives. If she can drive the Miata the Money Pit will be a breeze.
I have about two weeks before the weather traditionally turns bad in the high country and the sports cars become low altitude use only, so I'm pushing hard to get out before this all happens. I still need to go to the cabin at Eagle Lake and do some plumbing, and then off to Fort Jones (fort in name only) and visit GFs old stomping grounds. I've been through there, but never really spent anytime in the surrounding area. Any new place in North California is hard for me to find and this should be new and fun. Pictures if I get to go, lots of maybe issues between her aging family and my jumbled mess, if we make it, it should be fun...Tedd
Old October 11th, 2022, 08:43 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good luck on the trip Tedd. I hope you have a great time, and all goes well. Several years ago, my wife and I made the drive from San Francisco to Eureka. Great drive. Then we came back down through NAPA. This will be a fun trip in the Money Pitt. Will be looking for pictures.

Last edited by redoldsman; October 12th, 2022 at 06:33 AM.
Old October 12th, 2022, 05:17 AM

I'm sure it will be a fun trip Tedd. We look forward to seeing pics.
Old October 12th, 2022, 11:42 AM
Olds Fever

Hope all goes well for your trip...
Old October 13th, 2022, 06:23 AM

Loading up the MP and will head up to Eagle Lake cabin as soon as it is light enough to see, might come home tonight depending on how the repair goes, I will have to turn off the water and allow enough time for the repair to set up, no water no toilet, nervous Tedd, lots of trees though, pictures tomorrow. See ya
Old October 13th, 2022, 06:00 PM

Made Eagle Lake in about 3 hours, not a record but respectable and a lot more fun than the Durango. The fix did not happen but learned a lot, will need a 1 1/2 ball valve and bigger tools, more muscles. Could have tried, but I have a bunch of outlaw friends coming up for Halloween and I need hot water, even if it gets a little on the floor.

Pictures to follow of the cabin and MP.. Tedd

Cabin front

North side garage with the MP

North-east side

Fire place mantel, all kind of antique stuff

Opposite of mantel, poor picture of kitchen
Old October 15th, 2022, 08:12 AM

Back home, 6 1/2 hours total on the road, and I'm feeling fine, Fort Jones should be a piece of cake for endurance. Now if we can find the time between family and other obligations, we're out of here...Tedd
Old October 15th, 2022, 09:50 AM
Past Administrator

I would spend some quality time in that cabin. Very nice. I hate plumbing and feel for you, well maybe next trip eh?