The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Guess what, the bear is back!

Search this Thread

Old July 29th, 2019, 04:54 PM

Guess what, the bear is back!

There were tail tail signs that he was around again. The neighbor had a magnum party and left his garbage can out all night and a day early. Something spread it evenly over about a 1/4 acre area, dogs usually aren't that spacious with there mess. Then my other neighbor mentioned that his critter cam showed a bear and it wasn't as large as the first bear we had and not as small as the Fish and Game caught bear that was around last year. So there is a new guy in town. hopefully he hasn't learned how to open garage doors like the last one.

My dogs have lit up and went a little crazy a couple times lately but that could be most anything from turkeys to deer or the bear who knows.

If I can I'm going to try and download the picture from his cam(never have done that yet) and I'll post it here, no guarantees I'm still a novice with electronics ..... Tedd
Old July 29th, 2019, 07:00 PM
W30

Just capture and release...lol
Good luck.
Buy a couple boxes of honey comb cereal....open them up...wait with a gun...he will comb( seriously) atleast the ones on the north other side of the country
Old July 30th, 2019, 05:20 AM

This could be a problem if the bear thinks food is there it will become his territory and will defend it which could be dangerous. Unfortunately Ive seen bears euthanized in this case to protect humans from being attacked.
Old July 30th, 2019, 06:58 AM

Tedd you may need a bear trap, like a hog trap. Big cage, food, trip door. Catch bear, call the grouper troopers to come get.
Old July 30th, 2019, 07:30 AM

Should it become a problem like last time I'll get Fish and Game involved and they will trap the thing but until then ill live with the critters. Generally they are more scared of us than we of it. It's when they get humanized there is a problem.

Now the lions are a different issue they will hunt your dogs or cats as a food source when things are tough. Neighbor (about 1/2 mile away) had his dog (large female Lab) tackled and chewed up pretty good. If he had not intervened he would have lost his dog. A single dog doesn't stand much of a chance against a animal that kills it's dinner for a living....Tedd
Old July 30th, 2019, 09:19 AM

Tedd, I hope the bear looses interest and you don't see him anymore. Don't hesitate to call Fish & Game if he becomes a nuisance.
Old July 30th, 2019, 03:38 PM
MOTORHEAD

HEY TEDD

Lucky 4 you , That you are not in the tundra . grizzly / polar country
There maybe you would be on the bears menu LOL

Hopefully rug steak ambles away after feasting at your people next doors house had the foray
Cheers
b