The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

ACME rocket booster did not help NWS(graphic)

Search this Thread

Old August 5th, 2009, 01:06 PM
car guy

ACME rocket booster did not help NWS(graphic)

I am glad I didn't have to clean this up

Joe Gibbs Racing driver Brad Coleman was testing a Gibbs NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car at Toyota Arizona Proving Grounds earlier this week and came onto the radio and told his crew something rather unusual.
“Guys, I hit a coyote,” Coleman said.
Coleman was running close to 200 miles per hour around the 10-mile test track when he saw the animal wander under the outside guardrail.
“I’m in the middle of the corner, and I’m doing like 190,” Coleman said Friday at Nashville Superspeedway before practicing his Nationwide Series car. “I’m just cruising. You run the high line there, because that’s where the most banking is. It’s the high-speed lane. There’s just a guardrail there like on the freeway.

It made quite a mess of the car
“I see this thing, it must’ve been 100 feet in front of me, just jump out. Right when I saw it come out from under the guardrail, I was like, ‘That’s a coyote.’”
“It just started smoking like crazy,” Coleman said. “And it smelled terrible. I didn’t see anything in the mirror, so I was like, ‘I wonder where it went?’ I said, ‘Guys, I hit a coyote. I’m going to come in because I think it screwed up the radiator. I think it clogged up the grille a little bit.’”

http://www.competition-specialties.c...s/Coyote11.jpg
http://www.competition-specialties.c...s/Coyote21.jpg
http://www.competition-specialties.c...s/Coyote31.jpg
http://www.competition-specialties.c...s/Coyote41.jpg
Old August 5th, 2009, 01:17 PM

Thats something, lucky it didn't cause a more serious outcome.
Old August 5th, 2009, 01:37 PM

here is somethins like that.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/off-top...-autobahn.html
Old August 5th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Registered

I hate to see any critter get it like that, the pics are a little too graphic, no need for that stuff here IMO, warnings or not.
It looks like my best friend Tipster the dog that I lost a few years back.
Old August 5th, 2009, 06:07 PM

OUCH...
Kinda reminds me of when my sis hit a golden lab on the highway when she was doing 70 in my old Ford years ago... I never saw the mess right after it happened, but there was fur and crap stuck to the control right arm a long time after. The grille and parking light was broke, but that was about it.

BTW,
I heard about ol' Wilee in the news, suing ACME corp...
http://www.LegalNews.Net/quotes/wilee.htm
So much for the cool cartoons...

I guess we need to keep this all PG13 so Allan can see!
Allan, I hope Tipster did not look like the vehicular-altered version of the coyote...
Old August 5th, 2009, 06:48 PM

Coyote's are vermin it looks good on that car. Darn those suckers have long tongues.
Old August 5th, 2009, 09:09 PM

Coyotes are annoying, there is actually one walking around my neighborhood eating peoples cats, and whatever other animal he can eat. He must of been kicked out of his pack because you don't normally see them alone especially in the city.

As for the one that got hit, he sure makes a good grill emblem.
Old August 6th, 2009, 08:07 AM

Friends of ours in Denver live in an upscale neighborhood had a few foxs and coyotes hanging around that got a few of the cats, the neighborhood association had someone come in a trap them and relocate them. Now they are overrun with rabbits that eat all of the flowers and plants. Same reason we have deer problems. everyone wants to get rid of the predators and then they don't like the explosion in the population of the other animals. Need both in the animal world.
Old August 6th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Captain of my ship

critters

Very true , I have lost 3 cats that were pets and one I had to rescuue after a lynx had him up to the top of a pine tree. Still I would not have it any other way , I even have black bears in the woods behind the house. I see the deer come out early morning to feed in the field next to me. The ecosystem here is running perfectly as it should , I have learned and my new cat that I got as a kitten is a indoor pet and has never been outside.Sometimes it's people who move into their neighbouhoods and then complain that the animals are there. Like in Arizona people moving further into the desert and wondering why they have rattlesnakes?