Sagging Rear Leaf Springs on 1958 Olds 88 - ClassicOldsmobile.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 13th, 2018, 06:07 PM   #1  
1958 Olds Dynamic 88

Sagging Rear Leaf Springs on 1958 Olds 88

Hello,

I purchased a set of new 70-195 leaf springs for my 1958 Olds 88 and very disappointed in them. I was hoping they would raise my sagging rear end a few inches but they are no better the original ones I replaced. When I jack up differential the springs flat out fairly easy.

I got them on an accidental mark down and the seller (SD Truck Springs) will only take them if I pay for return shipping. The seller states these are made by Dayton Parts USA Harrisburg, PA

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index....ducts_id=23182

Anyone have similar experience with these 70-195 leaf springs?

Anyone know of helper springs I add to make more stiff?

Thanks

Erol
Rockabilly Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 06:21 PM   #2  

I would take it to a shop that does spring work, there are a few around DFW. If your a member of the N Texas Olds club I'm sure someone can give a shop recommendation. The shop can re-arch the new or old and add leaf's to get what ever height you desire. Member redoldsman lives in the are and has a vintage Olds also. He may be able to point you to one.
oldcutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 08:58 PM   #3  
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I haven't used a spring company in the area although I probably need to since my car sits a little lower on the left side. I would give Weaver Spring & Brake a call. Their website says they are in Hutchins. They cater to truck mostly but they have been around for decades. They used to have a place in east Dallas until development took over. Here is a link to their website.

http://www.weaverspringandbrake.com/
redoldsman is offline   Reply With Quote