'69 hurst/olds where might you be?

Old March 21st, 2013, 11:20 AM

No, not related, just happened to see the car when it was out 15 years ago.
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:23 AM
NôôB

SO WAIT!!!! This whole time he just saw this car once and got emotionally attached to it from 15 years ago? WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW.......

And no other contact or anything like that until he saw this thread?
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:24 AM

Sicky....

Originally Posted by sicky olds
Can we get this thing stopped or something since it has nothing to do with the original topic? If you are looking for a H/O Jersey, i posted a thread in the hurst section, thinking about selling mine but it might not be what you are looking for, no harm in looking though.

X2...that's why I stated what I did earlier in the thread....jersey put this out here to look for a car, and it ended up as a "chitty" deal.
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:28 AM
NôôB

Originally Posted by kevin.horton
X2...that's why I stated what I did earlier in the thread....jersey put this out here to look for a car, and it ended up as a "chitty" deal.
And probably scared him away ><
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:29 AM

I believe he has looked at it several times over the years. Really not sure why he doesn't own it.
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:42 AM
C.W. Griswold

Is Daniel Marsh here even related to this person and if so why is he using the thread to talk to this person and not calling them. Same as if he was supposed to buy the car a while ago, why doesnt he have the number?

And also why must your father go with you to make a purchase?

Can we get this thing stopped or something since it has nothing to do with the original topic? If you are looking for a H/O Jersey, i posted a thread in the hurst section, thinking about selling mine but it might not be what you are looking for, no harm in looking though.
He is using this thread to communicate because it is the only way that he is getting to ask any questions. I have called and spoke to her on many occasions, yet now it doesn't seem to be so easy. I wanted my father to go along because he has been listening to me speak about this for many years. That is why it was going to be a family deal.
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:44 AM
C.W. Griswold

Because you mother in law told me that she would tell me when she is ready. That doesn't mean attack her! I waited like an adult and you see where that got me.
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:46 AM
C.W. Griswold

Originally Posted by Ventura I
Wrong, I was called by the guy who towed it to Santos Car Care on Vine when it wouldn't start. I then began to search for it and found it later that day which is where I met Marilyn the first time. I also remember driving past their home as a child and seeing it in the garage on Compton Rd.
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:48 AM
C.W. Griswold

Originally Posted by Ventura I
SO WAIT!!!! This whole time he just saw this car once and got emotionally attached to it from 15 years ago? WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW.......

And no other contact or anything like that until he saw this thread?
Nope, it has been multiple visits, parts for their cadillac for them, seasonal phone conversations and such. Much more than what you guys all think.
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:51 AM
NôôB

well pm each other your numbers and get off this poor guy who is trying to find one's thread. Moderators please step in before i just make this about politics or something and get it forced closed . Stuff was funny before but now it is just sad... and Jersey might not ever own an Olds now... Or you guys can both jump on the chatbox up top and talk that way.

Morale of the story: Dont get emotionally attached on things you dont own, this is probably why i am single LOL
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:56 AM
NôôB

So you hunted down this car?
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:00 PM
morgan

Originally Posted by Daniel Marsh
Because you mother in law told me that she would tell me when she is ready. That doesn't mean attack her! I waited like an adult and you see where that got me.
I would be ready at around 75k
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:46 PM

Holy trolling Batman!
Old March 21st, 2013, 02:05 PM
Old School Olds

Originally Posted by pogo69
I would be ready at around 75k
I'm out.
Old March 21st, 2013, 02:15 PM
morgan

Originally Posted by tru-blue 442
I'm out.
adios~amigo
Old March 21st, 2013, 05:00 PM

Old March 21st, 2013, 05:00 PM

Old March 21st, 2013, 05:01 PM

Old March 21st, 2013, 05:01 PM

Old March 21st, 2013, 05:03 PM

Old March 21st, 2013, 05:37 PM

This whole mess sickens me a great deal. At this point any of you out there that are interested, I will be selling the car that was supposed to one day sit next to Chitty which is my'84 Hurst Olds. I have had this car since Marilyn said " it would be awful neat to put them next to each other!" I will also be selling a '69 W30 that is almost painted along with any and all Oldsmobile stuff. I have a feeling this will deflate me when it comes to cars for good.
Why do you sound...well, feminine?

Ventura 1, I am shocked by this. I had "offered" many years ago and she was o.k. with the figure then.

Then why didn't you buy it then? What about inflation? Market Value? Any of those things mean anything to you? What you offered then isn't what the car is worth now, man up.

This past December she called me and stated she was ready to sell. This is when I came out and drove it the second time. I told her that at any given moment I was ready but have always as a good person left this all up to her. I never ever pushed at all as to not make her mad.

That's your fault. You should've just ask, what is the harm in that? Yet now you come here and make a fool of yourself to good people you don't even know and try to demean their character over a car because they tell you it's worth more than the $35K you can't afford anyway?

I didn't want her to think that I didn't care about her at all and that it was just about the car. I also asked her roughly a decade ago if we could put something in writing as we walked the yard and talked about wildlife but she assured me that "I come from a generation where my word is enough so we don't need to do that." Because I believe in being old fashioned I have never pushed or asked since as she clearly wanted me to do. I also after reading all of these posts called and spoke with Jack and asked where we needed to be. I clearly told him 30k was o.k. if the original 20k we talked about years ago wouldn't work. Look, these cars are out there restored and quite nice for 40k. I make 40k a year so clearly out of the picture for me. This is all about wanting her car and making her happy.

And I'm pretty sure the going rate would make her happy despite who the car went to. Hmm...$35K or $50K? You might be a nice guy, but you aren't $15K nice.

If 35k gets it done just tell me. No hard feelings, but I just want to make this happen. Please, please, please make her aware that I do want it 100% and as I told her on the phone Sunday the 10th I am ready. We have spoken to the bank and everything is in order. I just know it is more than a car to her and she is very emotionally attached to it. She has made it very clear to me that this car represents her brother whom she lost not long ago so I am sure it is hard to part with. However, with me she isn't ever really parting with it. Please feel free to contact my father at 513 271 1604 or myself at 513 828 9445 as I wanted to bring my dad out to see Chitty with me one last time this weekend.

This. Take this personal goobly gop out of a public forum. We don't care, and really...it's YOUR fault this ever got to the forum. You could've had this car, but you ***** footed around about it and now look, you're in competition against some "ballers" that know the value of it.

You see I was figuring on this just becoming a memory at this time.

Something tells me you need to cozy up to that idea.

Please help me make it a reality. Remember this as well, I have said in the past and will say it again. I have no problem signing a never sell document and I also would be more than glad to also have a document stating that it is to be preserved and NEVER restored. I can come this weekend,
Kyle
I am amazed, that no one is listening to what I type. She clearly does not want the car restored only preserved as it should be. This shows me just how concerned you guys are for the well being of the car and the current owner.

And this shows me you're butthurt over the fact that the guys on an OLDSMOBILE FORUM know what the car is worth and are willing to spend it. Who cares about the owner more? The guy trying to rip her off or the guy willing to pay $50-$75K for the car?It is just plain sad.
Trust me, this conversation should never have made it to this forum.

You're right...why did it? Handle your business in private, either by private message or phone.

It does seem to me that you chose to be involved.
This was supposed to be a family oriented deal, and not just wallet motivated like all of you guys on here.

Are you kidding me? Get over yourself. You're not family, you saw the car after it was towed. Also, welcome to Capitalism brother...either man up or go home.

Don't worry, after this is over I will not be gracing you guys with my presence anymore.

LMAO! OK? Is there any way you could just go ahead and leave...I'm already tired of your 'grace'
I guess the comment about the wallet hit a nerve huh?

Is that the nerve in your brain that told you that to get this car you're going to have to whine and moan about it because you don't have the cash to get it?

This has nothing to do with growing up or manning up as I have never been given a price.

You gave a price, she was ok with it...remember? But wait, didn't you also say that $40K was too much for you? So in other words you'll give $35K but any more and you're out...looks like you're out.

It sounds as if you are aggravated about something that has nothing to do with you.

You're on a public message board pouring your heart out over a car and you don't think anyone is going to say anything...hahahahahaha!!!!
I think at this point you are the only one mad.

Not the only one...

The money IS there, but I am not going to go crazy just because someone is ill motivated.

The money IS there huh? All of it? Or the $35K partial payment that you want to pay for the car?

-Kyle
Ask her...you're not strangling her.

Wrong, I was called by the guy who towed it to Santos Car Care on Vine when it wouldn't start. I then began to search for it and found it later that day which is where I met Marilyn the first time. I also remember driving past their home as a child and seeing it in the garage on Compton Rd.
Old March 21st, 2013, 05:50 PM
NôôB

Old March 21st, 2013, 05:53 PM

You.guys.are....

killing.me.
Old March 21st, 2013, 05:55 PM

Winning!

Old March 21st, 2013, 05:56 PM

Old March 21st, 2013, 06:01 PM

Daniel Daniel Daniel

Please go back to your room & play with your hotwheels collection. Us adults will take it from here.
Old March 21st, 2013, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by oldsmobiledave
Please go back to your room & play with your hotwheels collection. Us adults will take it from here.
OOHH! I have a couple '69 HO Hotwheels I could sell him! lol!
Old March 21st, 2013, 06:19 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Let's start an auction.... I'll start off with $35,001.00 and three '69 H/O hotwheels
Old March 21st, 2013, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Let's start an auction.... I'll start off with $35,001.00 and three '69 H/O hotwheels
It's not 'trolling' if we all do it! Besides, I'll raise ya one '69 HO hotwheels...I have 4
Old March 21st, 2013, 06:29 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by ah64pilot
It's not 'trolling' if we all do it! Besides, I'll raise ya one '69 HO hotwheels...I have 4
I'll go $35,696.69plus a '69 H/O remote control car

Last edited by Gator69olds; March 21st, 2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Decimal point in the wrong place!
Old March 21st, 2013, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gator69olds
I'll go $35,6969.69 plus a '69 H/O remote control car
I can't compete with that...I'm out The remote control car is a deal breaker for me, damn!

And pogo...don't tell me "adios~amigo" ya jerk.
Old March 21st, 2013, 06:37 PM

I can't compete with that...I'm out The remote control car is a deal breaker for me, damn!

I'm using Monopoly Money, so you probably still have a chance. You should stay a fight for it!
Old March 21st, 2013, 06:45 PM

I'm using Monopoly Money, so you probably still have a chance. You should stay a fight for it!
I'm just kidding, I'm here for the show. I would tear that thing up and sell the parts for 10X the value of the car as a whole. And I would allow Octania to blueprint the parts he needs so we can start a forging business to ruin the market for rare cars. But only if he gave me market share in the new company. We're all about the money, remember?!?
Old March 21st, 2013, 06:49 PM

I'm just kidding, I'm here for the show. I would tear that thing up and sell the parts for 10X the value of the car as a whole. And I would allow Octania to blueprint the parts he needs so we can start a forging business to ruin the market for rare cars. But only if he gave me market share in the new company. We're all about the money, remember?!?
Let me know if you have the winning bid, so I can part mine out also. I don't want to lose money
Old March 21st, 2013, 06:54 PM

Let me know if you have the winning bid, so I can part mine out also. I don't want to lose money
I guess, but we'll need to keep this on the DL (that means "Down Low") so nobody realizes we're price gouging the forged parts and keeping the originals for an investment.
Old March 21st, 2013, 07:00 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Alright Steve's out, looks like it's between you and me Gator. I'll tell ya what. How about we flip for it and you get to call it
Old March 21st, 2013, 07:02 PM

I guess, but we'll need to keep this on the DL (that means "Down Low") so nobody realizes we're price gouging the forged parts and keeping the originals for an investment.
Glad you let me know what that meant because you know how slow we are down south. I'll let you handle the business side of it and I'll handle taking the cars apart and send them to Octania.
Old March 21st, 2013, 07:10 PM
morgan

Ok ..jerk off
Old March 21st, 2013, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Alright Steve's out, looks like it's between you and me Gator. I'll tell ya what. How about we flip for it and you get to call it
Well let see, to make it FAIR (and we are all about being fair ) I say the best 3 out of 5 wins. I know how you Georgia boys are, so you can't use your 2 headed nickel
Old March 21st, 2013, 07:28 PM
"Car"mudgeon

I know how you Georgia boys are
Hey I resemble that remark

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '69 hurst/olds where might you be?