Mid-age "crisis"

Search this Thread

Old October 9th, 2009, 01:33 PM
olds..older..oldest

Mid-age "crisis"

Wanted : 1957 Olds super 88 J2. Will consider other 88's or even 98's.Prefer 2-dr. hardtops or 4-dr. sedan, NOT convertible.Status: restored or "cosmetic" and moderate mechanical work only needed...Derek
Old October 9th, 2009, 03:50 PM

Hi Derek give Richard (yellowstatue) a call he has a 57 super 88 2dr and all of the required parts for sale.
Old October 12th, 2009, 04:46 PM
olds..older..oldest

Clear title?

Going about finding my 57 Olds 88 and came accross this current ebay ad: Seller is"440sixpackmopar" ...Item # 260488673548...car is in Tamarac,Fla. Just wondering about legalities if I get this car and ship it up to Canada.Does "clear title" equate to ownership? Does it ensure no liens? What do I need to get a Florida car.i.e. is it different than other states? Anyone have any feelings on this vehicle one way or the other? Looking at recent ads in the US, I was surprised to see how pricey these 57's can be!! ......and "Thanks" to 57 owner Dan Wirth for his helpful hints as I begin the search.Yellowstatue??? I'm waiting for your reply...Derek
Old October 12th, 2009, 05:17 PM

Wish you luck, good ones are hard to find at a reasonable price.
Old October 12th, 2009, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by derek nesdoly
Going about finding my 57 Olds 88 and came accross this current ebay ad: Seller is"440sixpackmopar" ...Item # 260488673548...car is in Tamarac,Fla. Just wondering about legalities if I get this car and ship it up to Canada.Does "clear title" equate to ownership? Does it ensure no liens? What do I need to get a Florida car.i.e. is it different than other states? Anyone have any feelings on this vehicle one way or the other? Looking at recent ads in the US, I was surprised to see how pricey these 57's can be!! ......and "Thanks" to 57 owner Dan Wirth for his helpful hints as I begin the search.Yellowstatue??? I'm waiting for your reply...Derek
Clear title means no liens and ownership (something you'll want to inspect in person), as for possible quirks in the law, you can call the Florida DMV and find answers to questions.

No salted roads in Florida that I'm aware, but there is the salt air along both coasts to consider (a much lesser problem IMHO). And it matters how close to the ocean the car has been kept, and whether or not it was garage kept.

I purchased mine in a coastal city, where it resided its whole life and the first thing I requested the dealer to do was have the car inspected top to bottom - at my expense (the car was sight unseen at this point - and no rust). They took several photos of the car on the rack during inspection of the under carriage and sent them to me, along with the written mechanical inspection sheet (via email). The next day I was on my way to visit the car (no money(s) sent until I got to the car and actually purchased it.

Last edited by Dan Wirth; October 12th, 2009 at 07:37 PM.