Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

77 98 2 door Beater with a heater

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2015, 10:12 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

77 98 2 door Beater with a heater

Have a junker 77 98 here that just sits. I got it to use as a winter beater last winter. Needs a lot of work, but is mobile.

Has halfway decent doors and really nice quarter panels, good trunk pan, good rockers. Front floors are junk in the centers. Wheel houses and frame are ok.

Good things:
New radiator,
new brakes,
new gaskets top to bottom on the engine (no leaks)
New steering lines,
new water pump,
Has an aftermarket camshaft in it. Definitely Doesn't sound stock.

BAD things:
needs steering column. Currently has an 80's column in it with a big piece of angle iron for a steering shaft.
No speakers or radio
blower motor makes god-awful noise, but works.
Bad dashpad
Rust hole on the roof above the door channel.
Engine smokes. Valve job didn't cure it. so the ring gaps or bores are probably out of spec. 110 psi compression in all cylinders so no broken rings.
Engine has 45psi oil pressure cold,and 15psi red hot and in gear, but a few of the rocker arms sound like a sewing machine. Maybe the large cup 77' diesel rockers were ordered on accident when the heads were rebuilt?
No power window switch, just wires hanging out of the armrest. Windows work though.
Front passenger fender is crunched. (Front bumper is ok.)
Header panel is spider-ed from the fender bender, but not missing any pieces that I saw.
Rear bumper is incorrect. There is an 80' bonneville bumper on it right now.
qjet Carb was having some trouble with the idle circuits, so I have a brand new holley on it at the moment that won't go with the car.

It's a heap, and I Don't expect to get a ton of money out of it, but I figure I could get 900-1200 bucks if I part it out for you guys on here. I'd rather not chop it up, and just drive it, but I can't put my infant daughter in this car, I have 2 other cars already in line for "fixing up" before this one ever becomes a candidate, so it will just sit here and rot now.
Old January 7th, 2015, 10:19 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Here's a pic from the summer time. Unfortunately, It Doesn't showcase the junk areas. Up close and personal, It's a maaco respray over the original orange paint, and the hood has a big kink in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
7798.jpg (38.9 KB, 39 views)
Old January 7th, 2015, 10:37 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Too bad our member Oldsragger is in Norway. I'm sure he'd love and appreciate this old gal if it wasn't so far away from him.