Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1984 Oldsmobile Toronado 50157 Orig. mile SURVIVOR - $3200

Search this Thread

Old November 24th, 2014, 12:59 PM

1984 Oldsmobile Toronado 50157 Orig. mile SURVIVOR - $3200

Smoke free, 10/10 interior, 7/10 body, 8/10 frame/chassis.
Perfect Running Condition

The glass and seals are in excellent condition and there are no leaks evident. The body trim, including the chrome, aluminum, and rubber, is in good condition. No trim has been replaced, nor has it needed to be, on the car. It has all been polished, preserved and cared for properly over the years.

The bumper fillers are cracking and splitting, replacement is suggested.

The seating areas are in near perfect condition, door, side, dash and other panels are in excellent condition as is the carpeting and I would say (in my own opinion) VERY show-able condition.

All of the windows power up and down and work. The trunk is in very nice condition, the trunk covering and cardboard fillers are in excellent condition with no rips, tears, or missing pieces, and the spare tire and jack are accounted for and in very nice condition.

It is a completely original survivor and as you can see from the photos, well preserved. This does NOT mean concourse 100/100! The motor starts quickly after 2 pumps on the gas pedal (just like any any well tuned carbureted Oldsmobile should) are in perfect working order, and the compression ratio is exactly where it should be.

The 5.0 l. (307 cu. in. Oldsmobile) engine/bay is completely original, and in fully operational condition. Every detail of the engine compartment is "Oldsmobile Correct" and well preserved. No-one has been in there monkeying around and "making" things work or bypassing anything. There is some minor wear to certain painted surfaces due to age, but overall, it is very presentable. And VERY reliable. FWD makes it a great choice for winter driving, and the full frame makes it nearly indestructible in collisions. Low insurance cost is a big bonus too! Plus, you get to drive around in a stylish 30 year old luxury car!

The automatic transmission in this car is in perfect working order and functions as a 51,000 mile car should. It is the original transmission to the car.

The front tires are pretty well shot, as the idler arm and pit-man arm issues ruined the alignment. The gentleman's estate I got the car from said he was in his 80's and as his health declined so did his attention towards the car... not to say it was neglected, but since the car hardly ever saw highway driving, he didn't concern himself much about the tires. That being said, I have a new idler arm ready to be installed on the car... I have NOT purchase the pit-man arm.

Its a great runner, needs a little TLC to be perfect...

A moderately skilled body-man could bring this car to 100% show car status in a short time...

Vehicle is located near Akron Ohio

NO TIRE-KICKERS, Dont waste my time if you are not serious about buying, my health is not good and I cannot tolerate any additional stress/injuries. Please be kind.

Last edited by Cadillac Paul; November 24th, 2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old November 24th, 2014, 03:25 PM

Nice car, nice price. Where is it? (or did I miss that?)
Old November 24th, 2014, 06:40 PM

Near Akron Ohio