Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1969 Oldsmobile 442 4-speed w/recent 455 $24500 obo - Westminster, MD

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2014, 03:30 PM

1969 Oldsmobile 442 4-speed w/recent 455 $24500 obo - Westminster, MD

SOLD!!!! .... to ME!

PRICE DROP $21500 obo

***NOTE*** This is my father's car. The contact information is for him. The pictures were taken by me and I helped build this car.

Asking $21500 or make a reasonable offer.

1969 Olds 442 - real 442 - rare post coupe
Rebuilt Oldsmobile 455 ci engine
DUI high energy ignition
Recent carburetor
Rebuilt Muncie 4 speed with Lakewood bell housing & custom drive shaft
Moser Full Spool axle with 4.11 gears
Hotchkiss 3-link rear suspension

The good:

This GM A-body post-coupe 442 has all new drive train components and rear suspension. The engine is an Oldsmobile 455 that has been bored .30 over and rebuilt with new pistons, bearings, cam, etc in 2002. The transmission is newly rebuilt, a new clutch has been installed, a Lakewood "blow proof" bell housing is installed, and a new drive shaft and Moser 4.11 full spool final drive has been installed. The engine includes headers and full mandrel bent dual exhaust with flowmaster mufflers. With regard to the chassis, all the body mounts have been replaced with new urethane mounts. Other body related work includes a new core support. The rear suspension is 3-link Hotchkiss suspension and the car has new springs and shocks all around. The interior is in good condition and includes new upholstery, carpet, sound deadening, and the floor is protected with POR-15. Dash, door panels, rear deck & gauges are good. The headliner is in mostly good condition with the exception of two small slits in the rear - a new headliner is included with the car. The front windshield is new - the A-pillars were confirmed to be rust free at this time. All work has less than 4k miles on it. Everything is documented with pictures, invoices, etc since 2002 and professionally done.

The bad:

The paint and body work are old, in original "barn find" condition. There is some rust at the bottom of the front fenders (see photos), and a dent in the driver's side rear quarter panel. The paint is single stage paint that has some age on it and is peeling slightly from the rear spoiler. The car looks great from a distance, but flaws are apparent when viewed up close. The recently replaced front bumper will need to be replaced again due to the chrome starting to peel. Also, the reverse lights and the horn are currently inoperable. Furthermore, this is not a numbers matching car. There is documentation from the previous owner indicating he removed and sold the original 400 ci engine and three speed manual transmission. Yes, this was a factory 3-speed 442.

More information:

The previous owner indicated this car was parked in a barn over 30 years ago until it was rescued in 2002. At that time, the the original engine and transmission were replaced with an uprated and rebuilt 455 ci engine and 4 speed manual transmission. I purchased this car on eBay following the engine replacement and have owned the car for more than 10 years. All subsequent work, including the transmission rebuilt, new differential, suspension, and interior work has been done under my ownership and thoroughly documented. The car has been garage kept since I took delivery. The odometer works and indicates 52k miles on the chassis - I don't know if this is 52k miles (it might be given the history of the car) or 152k miles.

In summary, this is a good 20 footer body with the typical A-body quarter panel rust. This 442 is a nice turn-key "old school" muscle car that you can drive and enjoy while finishing the project. It is the same GM A-body platform as the Chevelle, GTO, Skylark, Tempest, etc. I hate to see it go, but I am looking to retire soon.

Contact Info:
Phone: Four One Oh - Two Five Nine - Five Four Three Four - call Randy or text

My phone: Four four three - six zero five - five nine five zero. Prefer text.

e-mail: randy_sra[at]comcast[dot]net

Westminster, MD 21158. Will meet anywhere in Westminster, maybe Eldersburg or Sykesville for a serious buyer.

Pictures
Front:

Front - closer:

Front - even closer:

Driver's side:

Passenger's side:

Driver's rear:

Rear:

Dash POV:

Front seats - driver's side:

Front seats - passenger's side:

Odometer:

Stereo (note - any single DIN stereo will fit here and NO PERMANENT MODIFICATION was made so the factory stereo can be swapped back in):

Engine:

Video of the car starting up & driving

Finally, there will still be a 442 in the family. My dad is keeping his '77 442 w/403 and he bought that one new!

Last edited by Cyrix2k; October 5th, 2014 at 07:27 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2014, 07:15 PM

SOLD!!!! .... to ME!

Price drop to $21500 obo. Please visit http://cyrix2k.com/olds442/ for more pictures of the work done than you'll care to look at! Here's just a small sample of the documentation available.

Receipts:

Work done:

Last edited by Cyrix2k; October 5th, 2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old October 5th, 2014, 07:26 PM

SOLD!!!! .... to ME!
Old October 6th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Runner

Congrats.... great looking pictures of a really nice looking car.
Old October 7th, 2014, 10:01 PM

Much better to stay in the family! Congrats~!
Old October 8th, 2014, 07:05 AM

Glad you are able to keep the car. This is very nice car for the price and if I had garage space I would buy it. Funny thing is the car I am restoring now will finish looking very similar (Saffron Yellow) just wish I had the 4 speed.

Sean
Old October 17th, 2014, 02:07 PM

Very interesting! I have a twin to that one also with 455 and 4-speed repainted in about the same shade of yellow, but with black interior. Mine still needs a lot of work though, but seeing yours makes me want to get busy on it!