Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1973 Cutlass Colonnade for sale

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2013, 06:29 PM
1973 Cutlass Sedan

Thumbs up 1973 Cutlass Colonnade for sale

1-family owner. Originally owned by my great-Aunt. 36,300 miles all original. AC needs recharged. Mostly solid car. Some rust at back of front quarter panels and front of right rear quarter panel. See photo link.
I have original documentation for when they ordered the vehicle – build sheet, etc.

Visit http://1973cutlassforsale.shutterfly.com/ for details.
Old July 13th, 2013, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by jnssctt
I have original documentation for when they ordered the vehicle – build sheet, etc.
You don't have a build sheet. Unless the car was disassembled for some reason, you wouldn't likely have found it because it's usually found taped to the top of the gas tank, under the carpet, inside one of the doors, or other practically-impossible-to-get-at places like that.

Plus, and more significantly, the car's VIN indicates that it was assembled at Lansing, and the Lansing plant was famous for being meticulous about not leaving build sheets behind inside the cars as they were assembled.

My guess is you mean the window sticker, dealer's invoice, dealer order sheet, or something like that.

It IS a nice-looking car, and I think your asking price is very fair. But be careful what you say you have in the way of documentation as "build sheet" has a very specific meaning. If you really do have the build sheet, post a photo or scan of it as we'd love to see it.
Old July 14th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

This is a very nice car. The interior looks like new. If somebody fixes the minor rust areas and then details it, this car will look like new. This will make a great driver and be a fun car at the same time. You price seems very fair. I like that you still have the Oldsmobile key ring. Good luck on your sale.
Old July 14th, 2013, 03:57 PM
1973 Cutlass Sedan

Thanks!
Old July 14th, 2013, 04:02 PM
1973 Cutlass Sedan

Build/Order Sheet??

Originally Posted by jaunty75
You don't have a build sheet. Unless the car was disassembled for some reason, you wouldn't likely have found it because it's usually found taped to the top of the gas tank, under the carpet, inside one of the doors, or other practically-impossible-to-get-at places like that.

Plus, and more significantly, the car's VIN indicates that it was assembled at Lansing, and the Lansing plant was famous for being meticulous about not leaving build sheets behind inside the cars as they were assembled.

My guess is you mean the window sticker, dealer's invoice, dealer order sheet, or something like that.

It IS a nice-looking car, and I think your asking price is very fair. But be careful what you say you have in the way of documentation as "build sheet" has a very specific meaning. If you really do have the build sheet, post a photo or scan of it as we'd love to see it.
Well, I have the window sticker too in my picture link (gallery http://1973cutlassforsale.shutterfly.com/). I have added the image of the order/build sheet. What would you define this as? http://1973cutlassforsale.shutterfly.com/pictures/55

Thanks
http://1973cutlassforsale.shutterfly.com/pictures/53

Last edited by jnssctt; July 14th, 2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old July 14th, 2013, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by jnssctt
What would you define this as?
That's called a "broadcast card." It's often mistakenly assumed to be a build sheet. The build sheet would be much larger, typically larger than an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. It's also typically in much rattier shape, often torn or at least discolored.

Here's a photo of a typical build sheet that was posted in another thread (https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...tml#post567858).

Yes, I did see the window sticker. Very nice. All nice to have with the car when it gets sold. The buyer will be very appreciative.

Last edited by jaunty75; July 14th, 2013 at 04:53 PM.