Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1970 W30 4 Speed Project For Sale

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2013, 05:59 PM
L69

1970 W30 4 Speed Project For Sale

HAS BROADCAST CARD!!!!!!!

Might be selling my 70 4 speed W30 project car. Car will be a roller no motor and trans (long story). Missing hood and currently has 71/72 bumpers on it. I have a nice set of 70 Bumpers for it. Someone added power booster to car in 80's. I know lots about the history of this car. 2300 Miles on the clock and had extensive drag race history here in CT at both CT Dragway and New England Dragway. Still has correct 70 flattop w30 fenders (both shot) and red inner fenders. Car is a project and the price is $5500.00 No rush to sell it just seeing if someone who has more time than I do can finish it right now. Price is firm and I dont have more pics as the car is at my storage building over an hour from my house. I may get more pics in the near future but for now what you see is all I have. Interior was just removed from car its all there except missing the tach and console. Floors are surprisingly good with small rust spots where your feet rest on the drivers and passengers side. Trunk needs left and right sides patched and car need fenders and quarters and possibly outter wheel tubs. Def a project but a real 4 speed "DOCUMENTED" W30. Car has Also been documented and authenticated by Steve Minore who is a W30 and W31 guru specifically 1970 and a wealth of knowledge when it comes to W Machines. This is the real deal car guys and let me know if I can be of assistance. I can assist with loading the car to have her shipped and I have easy access at my shop so shipping should not be a problem. Good luck.

PM me for more info and I will contact you with my phone number by order.

Sal

Figure I would try with you guys before I try ebay.

***Again I have the braodcast card and it was found in the drivers side seat back***
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1121.JPG (198.1 KB, 386 views)
IMG_1126.jpg (52.6 KB, 375 views)
IMG_1108.jpg (46.1 KB, 343 views)
IMG_1109.jpg (38.4 KB, 349 views)
IMG_1110.jpg (23.6 KB, 310 views)
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:03 PM
L69

Forgot to mention. Does not have original rear in her. Was originally a TO rear with Heavy duty 4 core cooling and I still have the 4 core radiator along with tag.

Also have rallye Wheel for sale $275 and sport mirrors 70 for sale $350
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:17 PM
NôôB

Does it have the engine and i transmission? It is at least missing the shifter i see, unless budweiser made a special touch shifter . Def a good price for being a w-30 car
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:00 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Could you pm me the vin?
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:10 PM
L69

sorry cant do on the vin. no motor or trans
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:16 PM
L69

Originally Posted by sicky olds
Does it have the engine and i transmission? It is at least missing the shifter i see, unless budweiser made a special touch shifter . Def a good price for being a w-30 car
the budweiser touch is epic. yea she is a roller no motor or trans or 4 speed items. nice project for the money for someone looking to get into a real car and not some clone for cheap.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:23 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

PM sent.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:23 PM
L69

Pm responded
Old March 4th, 2013, 02:04 PM

A good friend has a rallye red 1970 442 in a very similar condition. We believe his in a W30 as well do to original faded red inner fenders. He is into it for a lot more than yours. Good luck with the sale and you are right it's the perfect "real" car for a guy looking for a project.
Old March 4th, 2013, 04:11 PM
L69

Yea This one is def a nice project...

Originally Posted by rktolds
A good friend has a rallye red 1970 442 in a very similar condition. We believe his in a W30 as well do to original faded red inner fenders. He is into it for a lot more than yours. Good luck with the sale and you are right it's the perfect "real" car for a guy looking for a project.
Old March 4th, 2013, 07:02 PM

What is the original color combo?
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:11 PM
L69

white with gold stripes and black gut
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:12 PM
L69

no this is not joes car that was recently parted
Old March 5th, 2013, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by L69
sorry cant do on the vin.

Why not?
Old March 5th, 2013, 03:33 PM
L69

Cuz it's not needed
Old March 5th, 2013, 03:59 PM

The other guy was asking for it. It also should be on the broadcast card. Do you have something to hide?
Old March 5th, 2013, 04:04 PM

Does the car even have a title? Theres a local F head 455 for sale and if it matches this car I might possibly be interested in it. Thats why it matters.
Old March 5th, 2013, 04:10 PM
L69

The Vin is not on the broadcast card what r u talking about. The body number is the only identifier on the broadcast card. I also already talked to thatember and he knows that asking for someone's vin for a w30 is not common practice. Get ur facts straight before u attempt to provide false info. Hide something u say well that is just ur ignorance talking. Good luck buddy!!!
Old March 5th, 2013, 04:12 PM
L69

Well go buy the f head 455 then drive to ct and see if it matches. Either way I now purposely will not provide u with Vin info whatsoever. U are very ignorant in this topic. Here's a clue the vin starts with 344. Lmao. Lol. What a joke
Old March 5th, 2013, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Olds92
The other guy was asking for it. It also should be on the broadcast card. Do you have something to hide?
You my friend with junk car in the avatar are an idiot. Sal, something to hide, hes the most honest guy I know and a retired cop. And also their is no vin number on a broadcast card but by not knowing that you clearly dont know **** about W30's, authentication or pretty much anything for that matter. You are a complete and utter idiot. Wow what a moron...
Old March 5th, 2013, 04:30 PM

hahaha LAUGHING my *** off. People only want vin numbers for fraudulent reasons or for their own little books of records where they attempt to document W30 cars and then call themselves authorites. Why do you want his vin so you can register your crap 70 cutlass as a reall 442. Or so you can then ask for his build date on his car and then correspond his build date with the vin and have an idea how far off the seq vins are from the build dates so you can fake another W30. Pathetic you got real ***** to even ask. I am glad the original poster told you to go pound sand and not provide you with the vin.
Old March 5th, 2013, 04:36 PM

By the way nice car. I live locally in CT and might be interested in looking at her. Was that car in Old Saybrook because if it was I tried to buy it for years and I remember when the hood was stolen last year. PM Sent
Old March 5th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Ancient Olds Lover

I'm also a CT native and know Sal to be upfront and honest, not to mention a hell of a nice guy. Also, his wife makes the very best espresso I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy. No funny stuff with Sal.

RocketPower442, where in CT are you? Always great to know a fellow Olds fan is in the neighborhood.

BTW, I've seen this car for years. Never seemed to have the time to knock on the door to inquire about it. Didn't know the hood had been stolen! F_ckers! This car was on Route 1, for God's sake! Not off the beaten path. Hope they caught the a$$holes who stole it.

Forgive my language. ZERO tolerance for thieves.
Old March 5th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Originally Posted by RocketPower442
hahaha LAUGHING my *** off. People only want vin numbers for fraudulent reasons or for their own little books of records where they attempt to document W30 cars and then call themselves authorites. Why do you want his vin so you can register your crap 70 cutlass as a reall 442. Or so you can then ask for his build date on his car and then correspond his build date with the vin and have an idea how far off the seq vins are from the build dates so you can fake another W30. Pathetic you got real ***** to even ask. I am glad the original poster told you to go pound sand and not provide you with the vin.
I'd tone it down a hair, if I were you. There's a pig pile of doo doo here that is easily about to be stepped into. Oldsmobile is a small small world.
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:12 PM

My mistake. The build sheet has the VIN on it. If this is a real W30 car then you'd figure you would match the broadcast sheet to the cowl tag. Theres plenty of people that post pictures to prove it. I don't see the big deal is, what is there to hide. If yours is registered in your name then how could anybody fake one and register it legally. Besides how are you going to sell a car online and not provide the VIN number.
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by CutlassLegend
You my friend with junk car in the avatar are an idiot. Sal, something to hide, hes the most honest guy I know and a retired cop. And also their is no vin number on a broadcast card but by not knowing that you clearly dont know **** about W30's, authentication or pretty much anything for that matter. You are a complete and utter idiot. Wow what a moron...
I am shocked at these responses. How can you guys even call yourselves Oldsmobile fans. That car in my avatar is a Cutlass, "my friend," and your user name is CutlassLegend. Usually people encourage each other and compliment their cars. We all love Oldsmobiles here. And everyone knows theres a lot of FAKE W30s out there. Personally, Im an Oldsmobile fan and I would want a real W30. If I infact found the correct 455 F head engine I would want to find the correct car for it because I want that car to have what it came factory with. Its bigger than just a 442. It deserves to have its correct engine and parts because thats what makes the car so special. So yeah it's a big deal for me to know about this car that you have decided to sell and claim its a W30 but refuse to provide any information on besides pictures of a "crap 70 cutlass" and picture of a broadcast sheet.

Again, if this car is registered in his name how would I legally to fake it and register the same VIN car under my name? I guess you Connecticut boys like to stick together.
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by RocketPower442
By the way nice car.

Really? I can tell you guys are just real good friends.
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:38 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by CutlassLegend
I would suggest you read the forum rules regarding name-calling, trolling, or flaming:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...aq_userconduct

Everyone please keep this in mind (as well as the rest of the forum rules) before posting.
Thanks...
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:42 PM

http://www.collectorcarsforsale.com/.../detailse.html

This guy has no problem showing off pictures to prove his car is legit. Why cant you? You lost yourself a potential buyer.
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:43 PM
L69

This w30 is a non driver with no drivetrain. Why would I register it??? Good luck in ur search of finding a motor and a car to go with it.
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by L69
This w30 is a non driver with no drivetrain. Why would I register it??? Good luck in ur search of finding a motor and a car to go with it.
Here in Illinois its illegal to sell a car with an open title. Since your a cop, whats your rules in Connecticut?
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by L69
HAS BROADCAST CARD!!!!!!!

Figure I would try with you guys before I try ebay.
You wont post the VIN here but you'll post it on Ebay, because you cannot sell a car on Ebay without posting the VIN.
Old March 5th, 2013, 06:01 PM
L69

The rules in ct r a car doesn't need a title if the vehicle is over 25 years old. So car is a no go for u. Now u can stop posting. eBay yes u can enter vin with the last 6 being the meter xxxxxx. Do u not know anything !!!
Old March 5th, 2013, 06:03 PM
car guy

You wont post the VIN here but you'll post it on Ebay, because you cannot sell a car on Ebay without posting the VIN.
I don't have a dog in this hunt but there is nothing stopping you from putting an old car on EBAY without entering a VIN. New cars with 17digit are more tricky.
Old March 5th, 2013, 06:06 PM
L69

Originally Posted by gearheads78
I don't have a dog in this hunt but there is nothing stopping you from putting an old car on EBAY without entering a VIN. New cars with 17digit are more tricky.

Thanks. This guy I'm dealing with is not bright. Lol
Old March 5th, 2013, 06:55 PM

http://www.collectorcarsforsale.com/.../detailse.html

This guy has no problem showing off pictures to prove his car is legit. Why cant you? You lost yourself a potential buyer.

I see both sides of it, I prefer not to give out my VINs or Cowl details either but in the end not sure how much it matters.

As for the car above it is one nice looking car but again it just amazes me the descriptions of these cars. At least on this site 99.9% of the folks are realistic about what they are offering. The above cars description starts off with "the best unrestored" only to state its been repainted - well then its NOT unrestored! And for anyone to list their car as the best in the world - come on - I'm sure there are at least a dozen W30s in garages somewhere still in plastic and/or with less miles and no repaint.
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:56 PM
L69

Wink

Originally Posted by stevengerard
I see both sides of it, I prefer not to give out my VINs or Cowl details either but in the end not sure how much it matters.

As for the car above it is one nice looking car but again it just amazes me the descriptions of these cars. At least on this site 99.9% of the folks are realistic about what they are offering. The above cars description starts off with "the best unrestored" only to state its been repainted - well then its NOT unrestored! And for anyone to list their car as the best in the world - come on - I'm sure there are at least a dozen W30s in garages somewhere still in plastic and/or with less miles and no repaint.
x2 steven. so cmon cough up the little scrap money and buy mine. add it to your nice collection
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:05 PM
L69

FYI, Boys and girls. Another reason why I dont post vin numbers or body numbers or show a full braodcast card is for apparent forgery and fraud activity. This is a sad but true story. Years ago I will not say which forum but I was using a forum to sell a reall 70 SS Chevelle 396 car. Everything on the car was original except for the motor. I was vague as to why the motor was missing for specific reasons. On this listing I listed the vin of the car and ironically within a month I had 2 PM messages of guys from different parts of the country stating they had my motor and it would make my car numbers matching. Funny thing is the original # motor was in my basement with a cracked main web and super hole in the water jacket. So how could this be. Well when people know you have a potential high value car, specifcally a documented 4 speed 70 W30 without the original motor then why not take a chance if you have the correct roman numeral stamps and restamp and 70 455 block and email or call me and say hey I have your motor, or hey I have your tranny. Maybe now OLDS92 you can see why I would not post the vin. Some guys are more open to the idea I am not because as an old enthusiast and investigator for many years I have seen many cheap tricks and scams over the years. (J-Chicago) asked me for the vin and he didnt get bent out of shape over it actually he totally understood and when he find my reasons he said well here is the vin on the motor I have if its a match please let me know. That would be more acceptable then me providing the world with the vin to a possible 6 figure car. 99% of will never do anything and appreciate it but that 1% will try to find a way to benefit from that vital info. Hopefully OLDS92 this explains its well. Was not trying to get nasty just that when someone doesnt even ask you hey hows the rust or hows the interior but instead asks whats the vin it kinda ticks me off a bit. FYI those two chevy scam artist wanted $2500.00 for those (numbers matching blocks) and this was prob 7 years ago.
Old March 6th, 2013, 06:10 AM

I dont get what the big deal is here. A few people are interested in this car and want to know the vin. Your selling a car, i think the potential buyer wanting to know the vin number isnt an unreasonable request. No one is trying to fake a w30 here. I dont even know why that was brought up. I know of the w30 455 thats here in the chicagoland area. I understand why they would want to know the vin off your car. The Oldsmobiule world is a small world. Its not easy for someone to fake a car and get away with it. Personally i think its VERY odd your so hesitant to give out any info on your car for sale.
Old March 6th, 2013, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by gearheads78

I have sold a few Old cars on ebay. And it was mandatory for me to post the vin. Also why wouldnt i. Im selling the damn car. Im sure someone buying it might wanna check the vin to make sure its not stolen or any liens on the title.

Quick Reply: 1970 W30 4 Speed Project For Sale