Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1972 Hurst Olds For Sale

Old September 26th, 2012, 04:50 PM

1972 Hurst Olds For Sale

Located in Connecticut.1972 Hurst Olds W45 all original # matching Hurst Olds. One of 220 Hardtops with sunroof. A/C car Restored several years ago and kept in heated garage since. Shows # 2 like new. $27500.00
Call 203 650 0631 if really interested.

Last edited by hurst72; October 24th, 2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old September 26th, 2012, 06:34 PM

Were you at the Olds Show Sunday? There was two there. Both were GORGEOUS.
Old September 26th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Old School Olds

Welcome!
How about some pics?
Old September 28th, 2012, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Blackpage
Were you at the Olds Show Sunday? There was two there. Both were GORGEOUS.
No, I wasn't aware of a show. Where was it?
Old September 28th, 2012, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by tru-blue 442
Welcome!
How about some pics?
The car belongs to my son and if your interested in buying i can ask him to send pics from his cell phone. call if interested.
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by hurst72
No, I wasn't aware of a show. Where was it?
Days Inn
Berlin Tpke
Berlin, CT

Here are a few pics from the show
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
show 019.jpg (82.8 KB, 68 views)
show 001.jpg (82.9 KB, 89 views)
show 014.jpg (80.0 KB, 83 views)
show 008.jpg (96.5 KB, 83 views)
show 005.jpg (63.0 KB, 88 views)
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:42 PM

Nice pics, thanks!
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by TenMidgets
Nice pics, thanks!
The Bittersweet 442 reminds me of your old car. LOVE that color.
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:53 PM

Lol yeah...just without all the rust!
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by hurst72
Located in Connecticut.1972 Hurst Olds W45 all original # matching Hurst Olds. One of 220 Hardtops with sunroof. A/C car Restored several years ago and kept in heated garage since. Shows like new. $25000.00
Call 203 650 0631 if really interested.
Can you email me some pictures jroscar@yahoo.com???

Really interested. All the best!

Have a great week!!!
Old October 25th, 2012, 05:54 AM

I went to look at this car last weekend, here is more info if you are thinking of buying. Bear in mind I'm a judge for the Oldsmobile Club of America and own a 999 point Senior Preservation 442 that I personally restored.

The good: Nice paint and striping, straight body, nice glass, nice interior, good chrome but wavy back bumper, t3's.

The bad: Rust bubbles under the vinyl top on both sides above the bottom moldings. Needs heater core, AC doesn't work, wrong 4 blade fan on AC car and no shroud, missing exhaust trumpets, exhaust leak at front manifold, broken tailight lens, gutters and rear window stainless dented, rt rr wheelwell trim dented. The car started hard, idled poorly and the seller said it "bangs" when shifting, and shifts extremely hard, water pump distributor shocks springs and starter have been changed.

The worst: Seller would not let me take the car for a test drive! I'm 60 years old, the seller was like 40. I drove in with a car worth more than any of the 6-7 vehicles there...including the H/O. I own 7 cars, all paid for. He offered to take me for a ride around the block, I'm not sure if I would have to sit in a kiddy car seat and wear a diaper or what! This is a VERY difficult owner to do business with, very evasive, very rude and very arrogant.

If you are going to look at this car, be sure to look at the things I mentioned. If you are long distance...HAVE THIS CAR INSPECTED,THIS IS NOT A PERSON YOU CAN TRUST. I got 10 different stories about why he was selling the car. The reason I couldn't test drive it was because it was super low mileage and he doesn't want it to go over 86K miles or something. Huh? Does that make sense to anybody out there? Like the car was at 85,990 miles because I was talking about a 10 mile test drive. I'm ticked because I'm a SERIOUS buyer and this guy wasted my time. But...I stand by everything I said here, it's the truth. Good luck dealing with this guy, wear deep rubber boots so you don't sink in the BS.
Old October 25th, 2012, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by mrolds69
I went to look at this car last weekend, here is more info if you are thinking of buying. Bear in mind I'm a judge for the Oldsmobile Club of America and own a 999 point Senior Preservation 442 that I personally restored.

The good: Nice paint and striping, straight body, nice glass, nice interior, good chrome but wavy back bumper, t3's.

The bad: Rust bubbles under the vinyl top on both sides above the bottom moldings. Needs heater core, AC doesn't work, wrong 4 blade fan on AC car and no shroud, missing exhaust trumpets, exhaust leak at front manifold, broken tailight lens, gutters and rear window stainless dented, rt rr wheelwell trim dented. The car started hard, idled poorly and the seller said it "bangs" when shifting, and shifts extremely hard, water pump distributor shocks springs and starter have been changed.

Thanks! I really appreciate the information.

The worst: Seller would not let me take the car for a test drive! I'm 60 years old, the seller was like 40. I drove in with a car worth more than any of the 6-7 vehicles there...including the H/O. I own 7 cars, all paid for. He offered to take me for a ride around the block, I'm not sure if I would have to sit in a kiddy car seat and wear a diaper or what! This is a VERY difficult owner to do business with, very evasive, very rude and very arrogant.

If you are going to look at this car, be sure to look at the things I mentioned. If you are long distance...HAVE THIS CAR INSPECTED,THIS IS NOT A PERSON YOU CAN TRUST. I got 10 different stories about why he was selling the car. The reason I couldn't test drive it was because it was super low mileage and he doesn't want it to go over 86K miles or something. Huh? Does that make sense to anybody out there? Like the car was at 85,990 miles because I was talking about a 10 mile test drive. I'm ticked because I'm a SERIOUS buyer and this guy wasted my time. But...I stand by everything I said here, it's the truth. Good luck dealing with this guy, wear deep rubber boots so you don't sink in the BS.
Old October 25th, 2012, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by mrolds69

Thanks for the warning. I really appreciate the information very much!
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Administrator

So apparently not like new. Was it an actual H/O?
Old October 25th, 2012, 02:03 PM

my 1972 hurst olds

none of this information from frank from mass is true anyone can come see the car.it was rated a number 2 car-by steve linden in L.I. anyone can call him if they want to. he is a high end car appraiser a very reasonable guy who is non bias.now back to frank from mass he is just mad because i will not sell him the car, i did not like being insulted barked at or told to take him for a hour and a half ride to make sure it runs good,so he can save money on a trailer,he only talked junk about me and the w45 car because i WOULD NOT break the law and write the car up for 1000.00 when he was going to much more so he could( save money on reg taxes ,his exact words) .this guy wanted me to do illegal things ,anyone who knows this guy must know how he is,he only wrote this to try to stop another buyer thats interested in this car.i hung up on him and would not sell HIM the car,because of my statement above.. ,this is the truth ..and i have a 1 of 220 made sunroof hurst olds #2 cars
Old October 25th, 2012, 02:13 PM

No question it's a real H/O. It has the smaller of the two engine options but it's an H/O for sure, it has the right tag markings. I can't say for sure the numbers match, I didn't check them, the owner said they did.
Old October 25th, 2012, 02:33 PM

my 1972 hurst olds

this is all in ref to mrolds69-to anyone who wants the truth about the 72 hurst here is steve lindens ph# in L.I 516 524 4102 talk to him about car
/ you will see how a 60 yr old lied and acted like a baby because he could not get his way.
Old October 25th, 2012, 02:35 PM

Unfortunately, it's all true! Forget the appraisel, it's old and much has been changed on the car. I wanted to drive it 10 miles, look it over again, check the #'s + paperwork out, not an hour and a half drive. He said he could give me 30 mins and take me around the block. I live 110 miles from CT, yeah...I wanted to drive it home because it's about $700. to have it shipped! For 25K, it should be able to go 110 miles. With the incorrect fan + missing shroud, there is a risk of overheating. Absolutely, go and look at the car yourself, bring my list and check it out for yourself. Yeah...wrong lugnuts, too...but who cares? The car is not a #2 car, a #2 car has everything in good working order. That doesn't mean a bypassed heater core, leaky exhaust and broken AC. Sure...I'm ticked off...he never hung up on me, we hung up on him. It's true I asked him to write it up for around 12K, because that's what it books for in NADA. 1K is ridiculous, I can't believe you said that! Go look bring my list...then you will know the truth. This dude lies!!!
Old October 25th, 2012, 03:00 PM

my 1972 hurst

again call linden in LI you or anyone who believes your nonsense..sorry you can not buy me or my car
Old October 25th, 2012, 03:09 PM

my 1972 hurst

If the car was so bad, they why did you offer me $20k the day you saw it (which I declined) and then called me back the next day to offer me my full asking price of $25k?
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Ok, then... I see where this is going.

Last edited by oldcutlass; October 26th, 2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

I wouldn't travel around the the block to look at it if I couldn't test drive it .......Just saying......
Old October 25th, 2012, 06:35 PM
car guy

Its clear what each of you think of each other any more then take it to PM's