Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1970 Vista Cruiser for sale on EBay!

Search this Thread

Old December 29th, 2011, 06:18 PM

1970 Vista Cruiser for sale on EBay!

Hello to all on the forum. There are two Vista Cruisers for sale on EBay.

One is a vehicle I have seen in person, it is located roughly 30 miles away, and has been featured on one of my You Tube movies. It is a 1970 Vista Cruiser, and the last time I saw it was in the summer of 2009, it has not been driven in winter as far as I know. The chassis and floor was very solid looking, as was the body. It would be a very nice car to have in an Oldsmobile family. I have no room or funds for another project, it would be sweet to see this car going to an Oldsmobile loving home. The fellow who owns it, Lorenzo, really loves Oldsmobiles, but has to move onto other things in life now. The link for the car is http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Oldsmobile-/2...item2eba486957

Regards, Howie
Old December 29th, 2011, 06:32 PM

Oh my! Where is it located? It was in TX several years back - wish I found it then!!

Edit - Well it looks to be in Cananda, so probably too much red tape and taxes to buy from here.
Bummer.
Geez - it was right under my nose a while back...
Old December 29th, 2011, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Oh my! Where is it located? It was in TX several years back - wish I found it then!!

Rob, Hi! The car is safe and sound, located in Georgetown, Ontario, Canada, or Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada or in the vicinity. The link to the You Tube movie featuring the '70 for sale on EBay, taken not too long after I got my (unpolished!) ride on the road is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtPzS3IrSNA Take care, regards, Howie
Old December 29th, 2011, 07:25 PM

Man that looks like a great wagon. Liked the video, too.
IT it was in the states and not on ebay, I would be all over it.
I did nto want one that needed paint but the solidity and power options would have been the tradeoff.
BTW, Your green meanie looks great - nice shade of green!
Old December 29th, 2011, 07:40 PM

Man that looks like a great wagon. Liked the video, too.
IT it was in the states and not on ebay, I would be all over it.
I did nto want one that needed paint but the solidity and power options would have been the tradeoff.
BTW, Your green meanie looks great - nice shade of green!
Rob, if the car does not sell on EBay, I am sure Lorenzo would consider selling it to an Oldsmobile person otherwise. I'm not sure about re-importing a car back to the States, but vehicles are always being sold in Canada and being repatriated back to the USA. I know bringing mine TO Canada took a lot of homework and papers to be in order, but it was easy bringing the car back because all the papers and documentation was in order. So the lesson is to research and ask. From the time my '72 was located to being brought across to Canada was only about 1.5 months (45 days) give or take a few days, many of those days included waiting for schedules to work in harmony. Thanks for the kind words about 'Sammy', the color chosen was a real gambit, but it worked out!
Old December 29th, 2011, 07:56 PM

Please keep us informed if it does not sell and I will go from there.
Old December 29th, 2011, 08:02 PM

There is a 70VC here in the San Jose area for $1000. No motor, but might be good for someone. http://www.larrycamuso.com/content/1...-station-wagon
Old December 29th, 2011, 08:06 PM

Please keep us informed if it does not sell and I will go from there.
Indeed Rob, I will keep very close to this one, and see what will be! It needs a proper home. Now if I win the crazy office pool lottery I know where the car will be! Howie!
Old December 29th, 2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by chrisneu68olds
There is a 70VC here in the San Jose area for $1000. No motor, but might be good for someone. http://www.larrycamuso.com/content/1...-station-wagon
Thanks for the mention. It looks like it needs some tender loving care, but up here in Canada, folks used to rust free cars would be amazed to see what is dragged out of fields, often in pieces, and restored to look like they never saw a drop of rain, let alone salt in their lives. So this '72 you featured in that ad could be a cakewalk for somebody looking for a project. Hopefully the car will be saved. Would be nice to see under car shots.