Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1970 Cutlass SX W32

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2007, 07:13 PM

1970 Cutlass SX W32

ok here goes....I'm selling my 1970 Cutlass SX W32. It's a pretty rare car
1 of 1,025 with about 113k miles and I'm going to try to describe it best I can.

W-32 365HP 4bbl Factory Options: Strato Bucket Seats
Power Steering, Power Brakes, Sport Steering Wheel, Console, Clock, Rallye Pac, AM / FM Radio, Remote Drivers Mirror, Dual Sport Mirrors, Black Vinyl Top, SSI Wheels, Forced Air Hood W-25(original not aftermarket), Hood Stripes, 3.08 Anti-Spin Axle / Posi Rear, Aluminum Rear Axle Carrier (W-27).

Since I have owned the car... new brake pads, rotors, drums, bearings, 2.5 inch exhaust with flowmasters, headman headers, Pertonix HEI conversion using stock distributor, rear coil springs, upper and lower ball joints (both sides), new head liner, rebuilt the trans and new BF Goodrich tires.

The trans and tires are from April of last year and all the other stuff was done in 04 . I can email more pictures upon request. As far as I know car is all original and numbers matching. Doors, floors and frame are all solid. The vinyl top is in great shape as is the roof under it (very smooth no rust under the top) as is the paint on the rest of the car.

I have a couple of muscle car magazine articles from the late 80's early 90's that featured my car. (way before I owned it and can email those too) I also have the window sticker and a copy of the build sheet. The build sheet is a copy of the original (that's what I was given when I bought the car).

The Bad stuff...

It does leak a bit of oil but not much. It seemed that the leak started after I changed the oil to synthetic. Not too bad though.

There are a couple of small bubbles on the behind the rear passenger side tire. Little bit of rust starting but it's still under the paint and I was quoted 250$ to fix it.

It's sitting on a 20yr old resto but no one believes the paint is that old. The car looks very good.

The car runs and starts no problem little bit of smoke at first. I don't think the engine has ever been rebuilt so the heads don't have the hardened valve seats (I put lead additive in the gas). The cars runs well, I beat up on my buddies 1970 383 challenger when we go out to the local cruise nights.

Car is garage kept and doesn't go out in anything less than beautiful weather. I even wait for 2 -3 good rains to wash the winter salt from the streets before I take it out in the spring.

I'm asking $18,500.
Please call my cell at 708-426-4438 or email me at Charles_cominsky@hotmail.com, I live in Oak Lawn, IL and my name is Chuck.

I can email more/better pics upon request.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCF0088.JPG (87.9 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg
DSCF0092.JPG (34.1 KB, 94 views)