Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1971 442 Convertible

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2017, 08:49 PM
dcurtis61

1971 442 Convertible

For Sale:
1971 Oldsmobile 442 Convertible, 1 of 1304 cars built in 1971, It had only 95,000 miles on it when I started the restoration, It sports a beautiful matador red paint job with correct 442 black stripes, this car has had an extensive frame off restoration with the body lifted, Media blasted, washed and etched, the bodies bottom, interior and cowl were painted black before placing it back on the frame. NOS Fenders were used along with rust free California trunk lid and doors. The Factory W25 Ram air hood and breather are original.
It has the original numbers matching 455 engine, “OG” Turbo 400 Transmission and 3:23 Posi-traction rear differential, the entire drive line was completely rebuilt and it has the correct factory intake, carburetor, distributor and G heads, every part on this car has been restored to new condition, frame, undercarriage, cross member and many other parts have all been media blasted and powder coated, The differential housing was media blasted and primed and painted, all interior pieces large and small right down to the glove box screws have all been bead blasted and or repainted.
The gas tank, pad, straps, gas lines, brake lines and other plumbing have been replaced using factory correct bent lines from inline tube. Brakes have all new calipers, pads, drums, shoes and brake hardware and cables. It has the correct boxed rear control arms with rear sway bar and all new shocks. brand new black Legendary interior, Including the carpet, seats and door panels. The dash was disassembled, freshly dyed and detailed.
The under the hood wiring harnesses are all brand new, it also has brand new black convertible top, pads, cables and top well along with new top hydraulic hoses.
I used a NOS Stone shield with a restored original 442 grille and one NOS 442 grille,
It also has a new windshield, All the stainless trim has been restored and polished for show, This car is very well optioned, options include: SS1 Wheels with NOS Center Caps and trim rings, NOS sport steering wheel, horn contact and horn cap.
It has a Tilt steering column, factory rally pac gauges, Reconditioned AM/FM Stereo Radio and 8 track tape player, Power trunk, Power windows, Power door locks, Power drivers seat, factory hurst dual gate shifter, Light package, deluxe seat belts, Power brakes, Power steering, and Air Conditioning. I started to re-install the original cruise control but have not had a chance to restore some of the pieces.
Both bumpers were re-plated and the bumper brackets were powder coated, tail light housings were re-painted along with the deflectors, New factory style custom bent exhaust system, new Goodyear Polyglas tires all around,.
This car speaks for itself and it has won numerous awards Including BOC at the Minnesota Olds clubs state show 2 times, BOC at the All GM show 3 times,
BOC at the 2011 Quad States Show, Best of Show at the 2012 Quad states car show,
BOC in the Senior class at the 2013 Quad States show.
It won Junior BOC at its first Oldsmobile Nationals in 2012 in Des Moines also winning the “Presidents Choice” for best Stock car.
This 442 won Best Of Class in the Senior class at the 2013 Oldsmobile Nationals in Springfield earning the coveted “Senior Preservation Award” scoring a 998 out of 1000
This car has won First Place 3 times at the LOL GTO Muscle Car Classic taking Second and a fourth in the winners circle the following years, It has also won many other local awards
110,000 or best offer
Daniel Curtis
612-210-3747
oldsparts@comcast.net

Last edited by dcurtis61; August 18th, 2017 at 09:01 PM.
Old August 20th, 2017, 06:36 PM

Awesome car for the right buyer

Sure sounds like you spared no expense. Good luck with the sale and I hope it goes to a good home.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 07:35 PM
dcurtis61

Thought I would offer this car here first, many of you have seen this car in person and can validate its condition, make your offer before it goes on eBay
Dan
Old August 24th, 2017, 09:44 AM
1971 442 conv

I've seen both of these cars in person. If a buyer wants the "Best" 71 convertible, this is the car to get. My multiple 71's will never be as good as this one.

Originally Posted by dcurtis61
Thought I would offer this car here first, many of you have seen this car in person and can validate its condition, make your offer before it goes on eBay
Dan
Old August 25th, 2017, 05:54 PM
dcurtis61

I found a lakeshore lot that I would like to buy, this car has to go to a good home, let's deal and make an offer, this value does not represent a 998 point trailer queen

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Ca...ertible/Values

Last edited by dcurtis61; August 25th, 2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old August 29th, 2017, 07:44 PM
dcurtis61

My offer got accepted on the lakeshore lot I was hoping to get, so basically I am open to offers, this is the only reason I am offering my cars for sale, I am starting to plan my retirement, only one car needs to sell, so make an offer
Old September 7th, 2017, 06:56 PM
dcurtis61

Hello, for those of you who do not know me, I Love Oldsmobiles and have been an avid Olds Restorer / Collector for a very long time, I currently serve as President of the Minnesota Olds Club as well as serving as a Western Great Lakes Zone director for our beloved OCA.
I am approaching my retirement years and am trying to buy back a lake lot that I owned 13 years ago, because of some health issues I have decided to get an early start on planning my retirement with hopes of enjoying a few years of living on a lake.
I am selling my two red 442's for that sole reason, if you have seen these cars in person, please post a comment about them, if you have not seen them and are interested I can send a ton of pics.
Prices are negotiable as always, but keep in mind these cars are top shelf and I sure would love to see them go to a good Olds home, so if you are interested please make an offer as I need to move on this lakeshore lot and am highly motivated,
Thank you
Old November 11th, 2017, 04:36 AM
dcurtis61

I have lowered the price in hopes of attracting a buyer before this 1971 442 Convertible goes to Barrett-Jackson in January, I have already submitted everything required to Barrett-Jackson and am simply waiting on a lot number which will be right after thanksgiving.
So with the cost of transporting, consignment costs and an 8% commission I realize that I can offer this car at 100,000 or best offer, this is your last chance to save seller and buyer commissions , I can also possibly help with shipping the car reasonably.
This is a OCA Nationals Senior Preservation award winning car! Winning Best of Class and First place awards at the 2012, 2013 and 2015 OCA Nationals!
Old November 13th, 2017, 08:22 AM

Bump for Dan. I have seen this car in person multiple times. This is an extremely well done restoration. I have restored 3 other cars to near this level before and have always been very impressed with the detail and quality of this restoration.

Pat
Old November 13th, 2017, 07:00 PM
dcurtis61

Originally Posted by fasteddy
Bump for Dan. I have seen this car in person multiple times. This is an extremely well done restoration. I have restored 3 other cars to near this level before and have always been very impressed with the detail and quality of this restoration.

Pat
Thanks for the Kind words Pat
Old November 20th, 2017, 07:49 PM
dcurtis61

Going to Barrett Jackson, it will go through the auction approximately 2-2:30 on Saturday January 20th

Last edited by dcurtis61; November 23rd, 2017 at 07:50 AM.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 03:47 PM

Best of luck for a Kool 442.