Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

68 Cutlass Resto-mod For Sale

Old May 12th, 2017, 07:36 PM
Registered Bojack

68 Cutlass Resto-mod For Sale

1968 Cutlass S Holiday Coupe for sale in Pinole, CA (San Francisco Bay Area). Complete nut and bolt, body-off, professional restoration (have CD of restoration photos available for buyer). Price is $38,500 (about 1/3rd of the cost to build it, with the receipts to prove it). The color is called Copper Brown Metallic. Less than 4500 miles on restoration.

Crate LS3 6.2L 376 cu. in. engine directly from GM Performance with the ASA cam. 525 hp, 489 tq. All computer controls, drive-by-wire, and serpentine drive system from GM Performance as well. Installed in Dec. 2014. Tuned by Matt Gower at GPX Tuning, the premier LS tuner in the California bay area, in October 2017.

Crate 4L70E overdrive transmission directly from GM Performance with torque converter, computer controls, and heavy duty cooler.

Engine and tranny bought as a package so everything is made from the GM factory to work together in a classic muscle car, and can be serviced by any Chevy dealer. Absolute, trouble-free, drive anywhere reliability, and 26 miles to the gallon on the highway at 75 mph.

Global West tubular front control arms (upper and lower). Hotchkis rear adjustable control arms, trailing arms, 1" drop springs front and rear, and 1.5 Street Performance shocks. Suspension adjusted per 4-wheel weight "Competitive Edge Corner Weight Program" by Roger Kraus Racing. Quick ratio steering box. Great suspension control and ride.

Baer four-wheel disc brakes (13" front, 12" rear). Hydroboost hydraulic booster system (runs off the power steering). Excellent stopping power and control.

Moser crate Chevy 12-bolt rear end with the higher end 33-spline axles, the Detroit Tru-trac limited slip diff., 3.42 gears, aluminum cover, and the bigger 1350 u-joints. Excellent, bullet-proof, quiet rear end.

Frame completely powder-coated, as well as the radiator support, headlight bezels, taillight bezels, fuel tank, and bumper supports. Underbody and interior panels all coated with Rhino-style lining. Interior panels, floors, and roof covered in Dynamat.

Aftermarket a/c system; custom aluminum radiator, shroud, and fan; custom fiberglass front bumper; custom grill; fuel-injection with a Tanks, Inc. tank and 255 lph in-tank fuel pump; Magnaflow dual exhaust; Hurst bullet side mirrors; Classic Instruments gauge package; Billet Specialties steering wheel; etc., etc.

Your choice of wheels (not both sets): the Foose 18" Monterey (8" front, 9" rear) with black powder-coated centers, or the Team III Trans Am styled 17" (8" front, 9.5" rear) with grey powder-coated centers. The Foose will include new tires since the rubber on them now were on the car through the build, so has degraded enough from sitting in the shop to need replacing.

The car is a California, black plate original car. I owned the two cars that made this one (both Cali cars) for over 12 years. Yes, it took two, since they each were needed to get enough original pieces for a complete car (one was a driver, one was a non-running parts car). Only selling because I've got an old ****** project that I've been wanting to build. Price is firm since I don't need to sell, but close offers might be considered. Not looking for any trades or help selling. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCF0379.jpg (3.27 MB, 480 views)
DSCF0380.jpg (3.84 MB, 478 views)
DSCF0343.JPG (4.42 MB, 467 views)
DSCF0362.JPG (3.96 MB, 436 views)
DSCF0367.JPG (3.63 MB, 396 views)
DSCF0374.JPG (3.82 MB, 377 views)
DSCF0389.JPG (2.92 MB, 368 views)
DSCF0472.JPG (3.17 MB, 421 views)

Last edited by Warhorse; October 26th, 2017 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Tuned engine
Old May 13th, 2017, 08:16 AM
72 Olds CS

Nice car glws
Old May 13th, 2017, 05:57 PM

I'm not a big LS fan but it's nicely done. I throw a set of stainless wheel opening molding on it. It would really make the side look pop out.
Old June 1st, 2017, 03:28 PM
Registered Bojack

If anyone's interested, the car will be at the June 2 Goodguys show in Pleasanton, CA. It'll be there Saturday for sure until early afternoon (not sure if I'm going Sunday). Big summer Get-Together with lots of eye candy. Cheers.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 04:06 AM
Runner

Nicely done. Good luck with the sale.
Old July 1st, 2017, 10:24 PM
Registered Bojack

I put it up on Auto Trader . com, so if anyone's interested, there are more photos there. Cheers.
Old October 26th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Registered Bojack

Thought I'd update anyone who might be interested: I got the LS3 tuned by Matt Gower of GP Tuning the other day and drove it around the Santa Cruz mountain roads. About 418 hp to the rear wheels, and a good, long flat line of torque above 3500 (to about 6600) at about 345 ft/lbs to those rears. Pretty cool 4-wheel dyno, for anyone with a fast 4-wheel drive that needs to spin all the wheels. Car is really a ball of fun, so if no one wants to buy it, I'm going to keep enjoying the hell out of it.

P.S. I've only heard good things about Matt and his work, and can add my two cents that he's good at what he does. So if anyone's thinking about a tune, he might be your guy as long as you don't mind booking a month or two out, since he's in demand.
Old May 9th, 2022, 09:02 AM

Bought this car

Hey there Warhorse, hopefully you are still on C.O. I bought your car at the end of March from a dealer in Napa, Ca. Great car! You did a great job building this thing and I have been enjoying it weather permitting of course! Anyway, I was hoping to connect with you sometime and chat about the car and build. I also left my contact info with the dealer I bought it from in hopes they pass it along if you were interested some day. Take care!
Old May 9th, 2022, 09:16 AM
Administrator

He has not logged in since April of 2118. You might try a private message also.
Old May 11th, 2022, 08:51 AM
Rocket Renegade!

Originally Posted by Oldsmuscle79
Hey there Warhorse, hopefully you are still on C.O. I bought your car at the end of March from a dealer in Napa, Ca. Great car! You did a great job building this thing and I have been enjoying it weather permitting of course! Anyway, I was hoping to connect with you sometime and chat about the car and build. I also left my contact info with the dealer I bought it from in hopes they pass it along if you were interested some day. Take care!
Did you leave the car the same or did you change anything? Recent pictures?
Old May 12th, 2022, 07:09 AM

So far the only things I’ve changed were the front seats and the steering wheel. The oem are too tall for me, my head was touching the headliner. So I went with TMI Pro Series black vinyl. I plan on having the rear seat upholstered to match the fronts and getting the front headliner bow put back in place. The car came with this steering wheel so I threw it on since it’s smaller and it’s easier for me to get out of the car. I replaced the bigger wood grain one is the picture.

I’m thinking I’d like to throw on a set of black wheels of some sort. These on their now are cool, but I like black wheels more. Just haven’t found the right set yet. The picture I posted was recent as of March.

Old May 12th, 2022, 07:45 PM
72 Olds CS

those seats look nice. Can you get them w a headrest too?
Old May 13th, 2022, 06:33 AM

Yes. They have models with headrests. I liked these because it kept the original look similar to the factory seats. I like how it doesn’t take away from from the look when you roll the quarter windows down and you don’t have that pillar.
Old May 16th, 2022, 08:31 PM

Awesome car!

EFI, LS engine, and overdrive trans are a great, reliable and powerhouse combos. What MPG do you get?

You got a great deal if it was for $40k. You can't build it for that amount today.
Old May 16th, 2022, 09:17 PM

Thanks Pettrix.

I have not calculated MPGs. So far my response to that question is “ a lot of smiles per gallon!” I am curious so one of these days I will do the math and see it comes out to.
Old May 17th, 2022, 07:12 AM
Rocket Renegade!

Originally Posted by pettrix
EFI, LS engine, and overdrive trans are a great, reliable and powerhouse combos.
Q-jet, 455 and Muncie are pretty good too.