Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1993 touring sedan 46614 167kmiles

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2016, 04:18 PM

New Price 1495 Rare 1993 oldsmobile touring sedan in sapphire blue metallic with matching saphhire blue leather. Been in the family since it was bought new. A mostly original car that never has been wrecked or modified or smoked in. Have original window sticker and broadcast build sheet, and all maint records. My uncle the original owner used this car for touring the country in comfort, so most of the 167k miles are highway. My dad got this car from him, and I bought it from my dad. This was an extra car for my dad and myself and we both used it sparingly. The seats are multi adjustable power and are the most comfortable of any car or truck i have ever owned. No tears or rips in the leather. It came with a yard of extra blue leather that I will include. There is cracking on the drivers door arm rest, otherwise the interior is nice for the age. Has base 170hp motor, factory fog lights, all power options work including the silly trunk closer, the power antenna works. Has the multi function trip and mpg computer that was way ahead of its time. Has over a hundred buttons inside the cabin and they all work
I have only driven this car occasionally on our ranch here the last few years. Tires have tons of tread left but have small cracks and lately dont hold air like they used to. Might be that the rims need cleaned at the bead area. One tire really loses air fast now so I have the donut on it. I think I am the first one to have the donut out. Car has been garaged and or stored inside most of its life, but in the last year the clear has started to peel in spots like the bumpers. No rust on the exterior but does have rust underneath on the drivers side and under the hood on both sides of the radiator. I would say it needs some metal restoration in those places, I have no experience with doing that kind of work.
Car starts quickly but last time i started it has an unusually high idle until it warm up. abs light has come on but the brakes work fine. it has been inspected by a few mechanics that worked on it in the last few years. The one that replaced the brakes and rotors said it has dirty brake fluid in a tube going to the abs unit to make the abs light come on, and not to worry about fixing it. Mechanic that replaced fuel and transmission lines says it needs motor mounts. Both say it is a good car. But IMO probably should not be driven long distances with the tires on it now and the fact it has not been driven regularly the last few years. however I did drive it on a half hour trip yesterday with no problems. Have all maintenance receipts since car was new.
I tuned it up and replaced the trunk motor and fixed an ac relay, changed the belt. But that is all i have had to do to it, it has been a pretty good car for me. Much easier to work on than new cars. Combination of moving, my state wanting to charge me for 2 past years of plates PLUS the current year, and just not using it are reasons for selling. Even tho it sits inside just sitting so much is a shame and not doing the car any good. Have clean title in safe deposit. Will help with shipping all I can to US or canada. To recap, no wrecks dents, it has 1 ding in rear fender, no rips in the leather, never smoked in. all paperwork, 1 family since new, 166,112 miles, $1495, northern Indiana 46614 Email or pm if interested. I drove it on a half hour trip yesterday with no problems. Thanks for reading

Last edited by 1993TouringSedan; September 11th, 2016 at 07:58 AM.
Old August 30th, 2016, 06:02 PM

price 1600 to people on this board. I think i mistakenly deleted my first ad while i was tryng to edit it. Posting this car here first as I would rather it goes to an Olds person. Rare 1993 oldsmobile touring sedan in sapphire blue metallic with matching saphhire blue leather. Been in the family since it was bought new. A mostly original car that never has been wrecked or modified or smoked in. Have original window sticker and broadcast build sheet, and all maint records. My uncle the original owner used this car for touring the country in comfort, so most of the 167k miles are highway. My dad got this car from him, and I bought it from my dad. This was an extra car for my dad and myself and we both used it sparingly. The seats are multi adjustable power and are the most comfortable of any car or truck i have ever owned. No tears or rips in the leather. It came with a yard of extra blue leather that I cannot find at the moment. There is cracking on the drivers door arm rest, otherwise the interior is nice for the age. Has base 170hp motor, factory fog lights, all power options work including the silly trunk closer, the power antenna works. Has the multi function trip and mpg computer that was way ahead of its time. Has over a hundred buttons inside the cabin and they all work
I have only driven this car occasionally on our ranch here the last few years. Tires have tons of tread left but have small cracks and lately dont hold air like they used to. Might be that the rims need cleaned at the bead area. One tire really loses air fast now so I have the donut on it. I think I am the first one to have the donut out. Car has been garaged and or stored inside most of its life, but in the last year the clear has started to peel in spots like the bumpers. No rust on the exterior but does have rust underneath on the drivers side and under the hood on both sides of the radiator. I would say it needs some metal restoration in those places, I have no experience with doing that kind of work.
Car starts quickly but last time i started it has a high idle. abs light has come on but the brakes work fine. it has been inspected by a few mechanics that worked on it in the last few years. The one that replaced the brakes and rotors said it has dirty brake fluid in a tube going to the abs unit to make the abs light come on, and not to worry about fixing it. Mechanic that replaced fuel and transmission lines says it needs motor mounts. Both say it is a good car. But IMO probably should not be driven long distances with the tires on it now and the fact it has not been driven regularly the last few years. Have all maintenance receipts since car was new.
I tuned it up and replaced the trunk motor and fixed an ac relay, changed the belt. But that is all i have had to do to it, it has been a pretty good car for me. Much easier to work on than new cars. Combination of moving, my state wanting to charge me for 2 past years of plates PLUS the current year, and just not using it are reasons for selling. Even tho it sits inside just sitting so much is a shame and not doing the car any good. Have clean title in safe deposit. Will help with shipping all I can to US or canada.
thank you members and thank you classic oldsmobile
Old August 30th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Administrator

I found your original post and moved it here for the pictures. Good luck.