Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1964 Cutlass

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2016, 03:30 PM

1964 Cutlass

For Sale Numbers matching 1964 Cutlass 2 door restoration project. Have 100% of the parts to complete the car. which have been carefully marked. Strong runner with a solid body. Only the drivers & passenger floor pans need attention. It has the 8-cyl. 330cid/290hp 4bbl engine, AC & automatic transmission. I purchased the car a few years ago, it drove strong and decided to restore. Unfortunately I've run out of available time to complete the restoration. Only $3,000.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2016-08-13 13.09.37.jpg (1.28 MB, 104 views)
2016-08-13 13.09.48.jpg (1.29 MB, 89 views)
2016-08-13 13.10.39.jpg (1.27 MB, 78 views)
2016-08-13 13.10.55.jpg (1.29 MB, 81 views)

Last edited by Coloradoride; September 9th, 2016 at 07:01 AM. Reason: add price
Old August 22nd, 2016, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site. Please post a sale price.
Old August 22nd, 2016, 08:43 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

... A location might not hurt either.

- Eric
Old August 23rd, 2016, 11:27 AM

The 720 area code is the north Denver, Colorado area, and that's consistent with his username.
Old August 23rd, 2016, 12:18 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Fair enough, but in the 21st Century, people have cell phones, keep their numbers when they move, and even have service plans that don't charge extra for long distance calls, so ASSuming a person's location based on his area code is no longer as accurate as it once was.

For this reason, it doesn't seem too much to ask that a first-time poster, who is only here to use our forum as a form of Craigslist, and who clearly doesn't check back after leaving his classified ad, should tell us where we might be able to see or collect the merchandise. At least not if he wants to sell the car.

- Eric
Old August 23rd, 2016, 12:39 PM

What you say is, of course, true for cell phone numbers.

If you google his phone number, you discover that it's a landline number, not a cell number, so it's a pretty good bet (although, true enough, not 100% certain) that if you call that number, it will ring in Denver, Colorado.

Last edited by jaunty75; August 23rd, 2016 at 12:41 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2016, 12:53 PM

Feel free to call me, I'm located in Centennial Colorado. The car is owned by a friend of mines son and it's been in his garage for over two years and it has to go. The price is $3000 and comes with a spare engine. I'm thinking that someone would have to really know these F-85's to put it back on the road which is the reason I've posted here.

Last edited by Coloradoride; August 23rd, 2016 at 02:33 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2016, 01:51 PM

Attached is a link to my photobucket page with more photos of the 64 F-85

http://s812.photobucket.com/user/SUB...Olds%20Cutlass
Old August 23rd, 2016, 06:56 PM

wow you colorado guys have such nice bodies on your cars...
Old August 23rd, 2016, 07:04 PM

Agreed, I grew up in Pittsburgh and know all about rust. You can scratch a car in Colorado and it will take 20 years before the rust starts to develop.
Old August 23rd, 2016, 07:07 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by Coloradoride
You can scratch a car in Colorado and it will take 20 years before the rust starts to develop.
That is so unfair.

- Eric
Old August 23rd, 2016, 07:19 PM

Colorado is a dry desert state, perfect for the preservation of autos. This Cutlass needs to be sold. My friend,the dad, needs his son's car out of his garage.
Old August 24th, 2016, 09:02 AM

I might be interested, do you think he would like to ship to Sweden?

In what condition is the body rust wise? Also interested if all the trim is there and condition of the bumpers?

Best regards Jon
Old August 24th, 2016, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by The Swede
do you think he would like to ship to Sweden?
This is irrelevant. He doesn't ship it. You do. You buy the car first, and it becomes your car. Once it's yours, you can do whatever you want with it. Ship it anywhere you want.
Old August 24th, 2016, 09:51 AM

Hello, the only rust on the body appears to be in the floorboards which I've photographed (note the size compared to the pen). The bumpers are straight and in okay shape. They could use a re-chrome if you're looking for perfection. As it relates to shipping, Jaunty75 is right, you would be responsible for the shipping aspect. Keep in mind that the car is in pieces. We would pack the car with all the pieces (not sure how you would like to handle the extra engine), as best as possible. Keep in mind the glass is out and there are thousands of pieces. We are not professional packers so no guarantees if the pieces would arrive in the same condition as they were packed. Our hope is to sell to someone who could see the car (the son paid a lot more than the asking price) and appreciate what your're getting. Dad really wants the garage back. I'm here to help both the buyer and seller.

Last edited by Coloradoride; September 9th, 2016 at 07:01 AM.
Old August 24th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

For those looking at this and scratching their heads, wondering about putting this jigsaw puzzle back together, Let me say that I passed up buying a 1964 Porsche 356C in this condition, but with the small amount of floorpan rust already repaired, and the engine in milk crates, for $1,200, in 1981.

I still regret it.

If you like this car, have the space, and are reasonably patient, this could be a good deal.

Personally, I do not have the space now, and I'm too far away, so I'm out.

- Eric
Old August 24th, 2016, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Coloradoride
We would pack the car with all the pieces (not sure how you would like to handle the extra engine), as best as possible. Keep in mind the glass is out and there are thousands of pieces. We are not professional packers so no guarantees if the pieces would arrive in the same condition as they were packed.
My advice: don't do this.

I've seen lots of cars sold at local estate sales and auctions, and the operative phrase the sellers always use is "as is, where is." That means that you're buying the car as it sits there in its current condition and that they don't touch the car once it's sold. If you're the buyer and the car is driveable, once it's paid for, they hand you the keys and off you go. If the car is not driveable, it's up to you to bring a tow truck or flatbed or whatever. The seller won't lift a finger to help, except maybe to clear space around the car so you can have access, and they shouldn't.

You as the seller may think you're being helpful or facilitating the sale by offering to do things once the car is sold, but all you end up doing is incurring possible liability if anything should happen to the car, or, as in this case, the parts, while in transit. You tell this seller or any seller that they're buying the car as it sits in the garage with pieces scattered about. It's up to the buyer to come and collect everything or arrange with a service of some kind to come and pack everything and ship it.

You say that you are not professional packers. That would be enough for me as the buyer to say "stay away from my car" once title is transferred. Let ME handle things because I DO want professionals to do the packing and shipping.
Old August 24th, 2016, 10:26 AM

I'm in New Mexico, and two years ago I sold a car to a guy in Illinois. He arranged everything as far as shipping. Once his payment cleared, the car was his. It sat in my garage for a couple of weeks while he arranged shipping, which was something I agreed to before the sale.

On the day the truck showed up in front of my house, I backed the car out of the garage and into the street. Then I got out of it and handed the keys to the truck driver. Once it was out in the street, it was not only no longer my car, it was no longer on my property, and I didn't want to take any chance that it might damaged in any way while it was under my control. I let the truck driver drive it over to his truck, and, of course, onto the truck so it could be driven away. I wanted any damage to the car to be an issue between the trucker and the buyer. I was out of the picture the moment all four of the car's wheels were in the street.
Old August 24th, 2016, 11:32 AM

Thanks everyone for all the advice. Shipping would be a nightmare. I can hear it now, make sure you have all the pieces, how can I confirm you would send them, where's this and that etc, etc, etc. It's just too much to sell to someone without seeing the car first. Our goal is to sell the car to someone who can see the car and ensure they get everything owed to them. Packing and shipping is a nightmare that the seller and the dad really don't want to undertake....it's a very last resort.

BTW, I love the chatter bantering and advice from your guys. Keep it coming.
Old August 25th, 2016, 11:50 AM

I have sent you a personal message Coloradoride.
Old September 4th, 2016, 01:31 PM

The Cutlass was sold today to "The Swede" and picked up by his Coloroado connection friend Robert. Best of luck with the Cutlass. Thanks everyone for the input and help.

Old September 5th, 2016, 07:51 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Looks like someone got a great car!

- Eric