Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Here is something you don't see everyday

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2016, 07:42 PM

Here is something you don't see everyday

I am excited to present this rare and unique 1962 Oldsmobile Cultass F85. Most have never ever seen one of these Oldsmobiles up close and personal.....this is one super cool eary Muscle Car. Below is a very honest description of the car. I have done some recent upgrades to the car.....only to improve the looks and performance.

If anyone is interested in seeing this car in person.....I will be happy to arrange a viewing. The car is located in the Chicago Suburbs.

I guarantee you will be the only car guy at any given car show with a car such as this :-)

Feel free to contact me at....(630) 699-5578

PRICE $19.5K OBO

GM's upscale compact the 1962 Oldsmobile Cutlass F85, one of the most technologically-advanced engines of the 60's, 215 cubic inch all-aluminum V8. Options include: positraction, power windows, air conditioning (needs to be put back in the engine compartment), original 4 speed T-10 transmission. The 4-sp is very scarce and desirable, because it had only a two month production run for the 1962 Model and it is a lot better than the normal lame automatic. I think the car has been painted once, the innards (door jambs trunk, etc) look to be all original paint. The car runs fantastic, a small car, but offers big car comfort and performance on the highway. Good history behind this car, I bought it from a man that told me he bought from the original owner in Florida.

Body:

The car is a solid Florida car, very clean underbody. All the trim is there and in good condition. The paint looks good but has minor chips and scratches. Floors and trunk look great and are rust free and solid, the original positraction trunk label? Very minor rust spots on the bottom of the wheel wells.

Interior:

The interior is unrestored completely original, except replacement carpets, protected by aftermarket floor mats, and despite being a "compact" there's plenty of room for everyone. 4 new 14" tires. Factory Tach gauge on the Factory Console works perfectly. All power windows, the Original Radio was converted to AM-FM with an iPod plug in the box by S&M Electro-Tech and Alpine amp and speakers. An electric antenna. A set of 60's style chrome add-on gauges, all work. A full size set of extra wheel covers and two extra factory tachs.

Engine:

Dan LaGrou of D&D spent 23 years in engine and chassis development at General Motors specializing in aluminum engines before he started D&D. The engine has been balanced and blue printed, to a streetable 244HP, I have the spec sheets. It has a Gener-Nator (replaced the generator); assembled with brand new high quality parts and stainless steel hardware. The measurements are all of original standards thus allowing it to be mounted on the original brackets. A Gener-Nator will maintain and keep the battery in a fully charged state; provide the power you need for all your accessories as well as the ones you add on; control the voltage for optimum performance and not have you continuously worrying about you battery. It is NOT an alternator machined down and then stuffed inside a generator case. It is, a very sophisticated piece of electrical equipment, to look stock and do the job of a modern alternator. Best of all, when you look under the hood, you see a generator not a modern looking alternator. It also has an original looking Delco Battery replica from Antique Auto Battery of Ohio, with original look repo battery cables. This small 215 cubic inch V8 is a primo rebuild by Mark and Dan LaGrou.

Thank you,

Dan Vasic

image.jpg4_zpswhb2ypga.jpg

image.jpg3_zpseurixvic.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsz2kesexb.jpg

image.jpg7_zpsj7o8uy2t.jpg

image.jpg8_zpspovgzvdj.jpg

image.jpg9_zpseqk2tbb4.jpg

image.jpg5_zps3l8vi8ml.jpg

image.jpg6_zps0cx2ahap.jpg
Old July 7th, 2016, 10:09 PM

Very clean car! Id like to know what's in that 215 to make 240hp. Good luck on the sale