Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1965 442 Project

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2024, 05:10 PM

1965 442 Project

I've got a 1965 442 holiday coupe for either a project or parts. My father passed away a few years ago, this was one of the last couple that he was working on. It was a friend of the family's car who passed away a number of years prior to my father, the widow left it outside and dad bought it off of her. I've know this car since the late 80s, back when it was in good condition and on the road. You can see it back in the day in one of the pictures in my first 'newbie' postings. You can see by the pic's it's in need of a full resto or it could be parted out. I believe I have most of the parts in the garage and shed that you don't see on the car. Blue with blue interior. Auto, buckets with console, power brakes, power steering, remote drivers mirror. No motor. I saw another member down in TX has a '65 motor, just fyi. It does roll fine. She's crusty and rusty, needs floors and a number of the other obvious areas per the pics. The doors close nice and solid, I can take a video of those if need be. Clear IL title in my name and possession. I'd like to keep the SS1 rims that are on it. I have more pictures I can share and I can take more as requested. She located in Alton, IL at my fathers house which is about an hour from where I live, just fyi in that it'll take me some travel and time to get back with specific pic's if requested. I'm hoping someone puts her back on the road. $3600 obo. Thx, mb

Old July 31st, 2024, 08:36 AM

It's also a 2 tone car (Lucerne Mist with white top)

It's a cool car but will require a ton of work.
You're price may be a bit high compared to the project 65's I've seen...
But good luck with your sale and cover that thing up!
Old August 3rd, 2024, 06:49 AM

I've only known her with a blue top, that was first back in the late 80's when I still had a full head of hair and a magnificent mullet. I do like the look of the two tone cars, you hardly ever see them. I'd love to see a striped car in person some time, I've only seen pics of those.

It was difficult to settle on a price. Trying to find something relatively recent to compare with was spotty and the some of the sites I saw were just nutty higher. I'd like both sides to be happy with wherever this goes. I won't give it away, but I'm less about making a high dollar sale than about this going somewhere it's needed/wanted. She will definitely be a lot of work for someone, but I really hope it makes it back on the road one day.

Some folks have asked about the parts not on the car. I do have the bumpers, interior including the wheel, console and shifter, the other trim parts including the scoops, the drive shaft, etc. The deck lid and the back glass should be there in the shed.

Here's some more pics I have on-hand. The pics are random, the undercarriage I literally just knelt down for blind shots. If there's something you'd want to see, let me know as I will be going down today and tomorrow (8/3-8/4) and can get specific shots.
​​​​​​​

Old August 3rd, 2024, 06:51 AM

Some more.

Old August 5th, 2024, 05:00 AM

Here's more pics of some of the parts not on the car. I didn't find the deck lid.

Old September 17th, 2024, 04:36 PM

Updating the asking price to $1900.