Care and Appearance Washing, waxing, paint care products, etc.

new turtle wax ice.

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2009, 04:53 PM

Cool new turtle wax ice.

the new turtle wax ice liquid ice thats out is definatley worth the 18.00 i paid for it, it does everything it says it does and worked great on my black paint, ive always had a hard time with swirl marks and streaks until i tried it. just thought i would give my two cents on it, cause i debated awhile on it because of the price, but finally broke down and tried it. works great.
Old July 24th, 2009, 04:31 AM

Nothing beats Zaino stuff.
Old July 24th, 2009, 10:04 AM

waxes

never heard of it, but ill try it, thanks.
Old July 24th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Brrrr??

Originally Posted by slumpy
the new turtle wax ice liquid ice thats out is definatley worth the 18.00 i paid for it, it does everything it says it does and worked great on my black paint, ive always had a hard time with swirl marks and streaks until i tried it. just thought i would give my two cents on it, cause i debated awhile on it because of the price, but finally broke down and tried it. works great.
Yeah, Black paint is a bugger. That's why you only park in the shade or drive at night.

So the "ice" is good huh? (personally I prefer Smirnoff Ice, but ...) Is your paint new or old? I'm thinking that a weathered paint is probably going to have to have a go over with rubbing compound first. I'm really curious about this stuff because there's so much New and Improved stuff on the market its hard to keep up. And what is the best one for the buck?

Post some pics of the car with some before and after shots if you can ok? And, welcome aboard!
Old July 24th, 2009, 03:07 PM

ill post some pics soon, but yeah, when i got the car it must have been siiting because the paint was pretty grey instead of black, but after a few days worth of rubbing compound it come out like new. it looks like a older paint job. but like i said after some work the clear coat finally came out, black though is hard, every morning its dusty or everytime somebody touches it you can tell.
Old September 13th, 2009, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by slumpy
-----------------------------------------

Is this a glaze that shines the paint job for awhile, or is it a wax? It sounds interesting, but how long does it last and how does it interact with a carnuba wax already on a car?
Old March 4th, 2010, 07:46 PM
One of None W-31

Saw reviews about "Ice" on Amazon.com and there were too many 1 star ratings and complaints about that product so I avoided it. (almost 1/4 of the total reviews were 3 stars and below). Mequires works great for me.

Last edited by 71 Cutlass; March 4th, 2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old March 5th, 2010, 04:35 AM

I'm surprised there were so many poor reviews on a Turtle Wax product. I've never had troubles using Turtle Wax products before.
Old March 6th, 2010, 08:51 AM

I saw that Turtle Wax Ice in the store the other day when I was pricing out wax and rubbing compound. Instead of buying, I decided to poke around the house. Found a brand new never used bottle of Turtle Wax rubbing compound from 1990. A good shaking and it worked perfectly.

I've always been a fan of Turtle Wax products, but if someone knows a better product that I can wax with, I'd love to hear it.

--Ryan
Old March 6th, 2010, 11:02 AM
One of None W-31

Originally Posted by yzzerdd
if someone knows a better product that I can wax with, I'd love to hear it.

--Ryan
See above suggestions