Buyer & Seller Feedback This thread is the place to put Buyer or Seller feedback. Be sure to CHECK THE RULES before you post!

Bad Deal

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2015, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by RetroRanger
FWIW

the op has not been back on here since he posted last night
I think we've all noticed this, and who could blame him?
Old September 11th, 2015, 07:43 AM
Administrator

There is a sticky on the current rules for this forum. I agree with Jaunty and others that this process needs to be critiqued and addressed with some changes. There is no way to limit the forum to just the parties involved easily.
I do believed there needs to be a process to the extent the complainant needs to try and resolve the issue prior to posting and then post an end result, steps taken, and an opinion based on the facts for their poor recommendation. Peer input is inevitable an remarks need to be both respected and respectful. Pissing contests and poo slinging has no place in the open forum and should be handled through pm's.
Old September 11th, 2015, 08:45 AM

You know there is much to consider here. What did he order? what was the agreement? Did he order a used dash to restore? YES Did he order a refurbished dash? NO He did not make any of that clear in his post. Was it one of those deals where this is the last dash I have that does not have lighter heat damage, speaker damage and radio modifications. YES I was not going to sell it. I said well if I would sell it I need to get this much for it. That was all up front. He said yes I want it. Then jacked me around for two weeks about paying for it.

He told me a story about how he screwed up one dash already as he is restoring it himself. He knew this one was used and had some cracks and was going to have to restore it as well.

I could post all kinds of things about buyers who grind and grind for a lower price. Who say yes that is what I want, a used part for a driver grade car, then when they get it talk about how they wanted NOS parts and the car is a high end restoration and need show quality parts. Lets face it, there are very few NOS parts left for these cars. They sell for premium money as well as they should. I do not and have never sold NOS parts. I sell used parts. Think about what it takes to have a car that is not worthy of a restoration but, is to be parted out. It will have 40-50 year old parts that might be good and might be good or better than what you have to refurbish.

I do not post the bad experiences I have. Because lets face it what is the point of trashing someone? It shows who you are just as much as who you are complaining about.

The bottom line is contact the person you purchase from and discuss in detail what you want, make notes, when you make the deal makes notes of the conversation. I do about all my conversations when dealing with customers or potential customers. I do that for me. Because when I get several contacts each day it is hard to remember what the details are. I get emails, texts, PM's, phone calls and so on all day. Some are looking for advise, which I do my best to help anyone always. Whether they buy from me or not. I actually love helping people. I also makes notes about the guys who will call and ask about parts and then say well it will be a few weeks or sometime in the future. I understand we are all on a budget and need to do things that work for us individually. So, I keep track as best I can to help them when they are ready. But, parts sell and things change. If someone buys something from me and has and issue I bend over backwards to fix it or make it better.

Let's face it the old saying of treating someone as you would like to be treated goes along way.

I work very hard to find cars and buy them, which are getting harder to find and more expensive all the time. There is no new old cars being made and many of the reproduction parts are chinesium garbage that does not fit or look good. I fix up some and sell them. I fix up some and keep them. I part some out. I flip some to make money. Yes I do this to make money as well as as a hobby. I am on disability and it is something I love and enjoy and can make a little to help my income.

I hope that as much as possible, I help many get their cars on the road or keep them on the road. I hope for the most part I am viewed as someone others can count on for that.

I am available for info or questions everyday except Sunday from 8 am to 8 pm west coast time and have posted that over and over. 541-815-4363

My direct email is lemoldsnut@aol.com the same contact email I have had since 1998.
Old September 11th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Administrator

If you guys want to start a discussion on the feed back forum, do it in a new thread. Anymore posts that have nothing to do with the op's subject will be deleted.
Old September 12th, 2015, 04:28 AM

Bottom line is the OP should have reached out to resolve the issue and come to some type of agreement for resolution prior to posting about his experience, as we all were not informed of how the original communications and transaction was set up. With proper communication I am sure it could have be resolved prior to this. Feedback is good when used properly - look no further to a few weeks ago when the poor guy (forget who) had his 67 400 motor in machine shop prison and reached out for some help as he was at his wit's end. IMHO that was productive use of somewhat negative feedback, factual, and he even bent over backwards to try not to flame his engine builder....just my 02.
Old September 12th, 2015, 11:54 AM

GGGGEEEEZ-Im going wrenching!
Old September 12th, 2015, 04:30 PM

lemoldsnut has 1300 post with lots of sales on this site, buyer has 2 post. plain and simple buyer jumped the gun on feedback without trying to resolve issue.
Old September 12th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Originally Posted by olds3442
lemoldsnut has 1300 post with lots of sales on this site, buyer has 2 post. Plain and simple buyer jumped the gun on feedback without trying to resolve issue.
bingo
Old September 12th, 2015, 07:53 PM
MOTORHEAD

where is the whiskey at????

nine and eleven
sacred as it was ever been

Last edited by 11971four4two; September 12th, 2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old September 13th, 2015, 07:25 AM
Olds Fever

This is what I call a B&B.... No, not a Bread & Breakfast, simply a BUYER & BASHER.... Kind of stuff that goes on EBay all the time.... One post to buy & one post to bash, no in between.... JMO.....
Old October 25th, 2015, 09:31 AM
"me somebody" site member

Originally Posted by olds3442
lemoldsnut has 1300 post with lots of sales on this site, buyer has 2 post. plain and simple buyer jumped the gun on feedback without trying to resolve issue.
Yup, first thing i thought as well. Giving the OP the benefit of the doubt over the seller in this case is to be a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian.
Old November 13th, 2015, 04:20 AM

I've had an experience, on another car Forum I belong to. I was loaned a small metal part which I used as a sample to take dimensions, etc. from in order to reproduce them.

When I returned the part, the owner contacted me to say it wasn't the original part he sent.

Fortunately, for me, I had taken a few "dated" photos of the said part and had informed him, on that day, that his loaned-out part had arrived.

By doing that, I was able to cover my butt from accusations of doing something improper......the fellow who loaned me the part changed his opinion and was satisfied that I had indeed returned his original part.

Take pictures, record dates, take precautions, and communicate.....it saves a lot of grief.

Ron