Buyer & Seller Feedback This thread is the place to put Buyer or Seller feedback. Be sure to CHECK THE RULES before you post!

Positive for Master Power Brakes

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2018, 12:54 PM
'72 Cutlass ragtop

Positive for Master Power Brakes

Recently bought a new Master Power Brakes master/booster combo through CARID to replace a failed master on my '72 Cutlass - the rear seal blew out and I decided in an abundance of caution to replace the booster behind it as well, in case it projected fluid into it

As it turned out, their new booster was bad right out of the box - upon install it caused significant pedal drag issues, not allowing it to freely return and thus binding the brakes up from just about any level of motion or acceleration from a complete stop.

their main customer service tech Trevor Hignutt jumped on my online inquiry immediately and after some minimal troubleshooting correspondence back/forth, he express shipped me a new booster with call tag attached to return the old one directly. No redirection back through CARID, no request to send mine back first for inspection, etc. Just a simple, stand-up transaction.

Installed the new booster on Saturday and all appears well again.

With all the negative feedback some of our vendors are getting, I just figured I'd pass along some good news on one.

Last edited by 70sgeek; November 5th, 2018 at 12:57 PM.