Buyer & Seller Feedback This thread is the place to put Buyer or Seller feedback. Be sure to CHECK THE RULES before you post!

Bad Seller - Brian McCall (11971four4two)

Old August 26th, 2017, 04:42 AM

Thumbs down Bad Seller - Brian McCall (11971four4two)

I bought a locking hood latch from this guy:

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...atch-lock.html

When I received the part, it was bent about 30 degrees where the hood lock mechanism is. He knew the part was defective.

Notice the pictures do not show the damage in the original post.

Avoid this guy for parts, as he cannot be trusted.
Old August 26th, 2017, 04:54 AM

Did you try working out the issues with the seller
Old August 26th, 2017, 07:29 AM

I would agree that you should try resolve your issue with Brian first if you have not already. I could not see the 30 degree bend in the photos posted on the for sale thread. Can you snap a pic to detail the damage to verify your claim?
Old August 26th, 2017, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tirekicker
Did you try working out the issues with the seller
Yes
Old August 26th, 2017, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Funkwagon455
I would agree that you should try resolve your issue with Brian first if you have not already. I could not see the 30 degree bend in the photos posted on the for sale thread. Can you snap a pic to detail the damage to verify your claim?
Are you his lawyer?
Old August 26th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by My442
Notice the pictures do not show the damage in the original post.
No, there were no initial pics, but you PM'd him, likely asking to see pics of it. Within 2 1/2 hours of your PM the pictures were posted showing the latch from a number of different positions, including the damaged area. That's pretty quick response, shows the item clearly and is the hallmark of a reputable seller IMO.

Those pictures posted at 10:25 show the damage, and your response on line to him was 12:03 saying you'd take it. You had time to look at the pictures didn't you, since you replied immediately under the post with the pictures. I think the damage is pretty self evident in those pictures on this permalink. IMO he didn't misrepresent it - and he clearly stated sold in as is condition and as found.

No disrespect, but if you didn't like what you saw in those pictures why did you you'd take it? Personally I think Brian is getting a bum rap on this one. You have to take accountability too - you got what was advertised and shown.

And no I'm not his lawyer . But I know Brian is a fair and stand up guy.
Old August 26th, 2017, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by My442
Are you his lawyer?
Very classy..... I noticed your parts wanted ad for one of these mechanisms and wondered, "Maybe I should let go of one of my spares.." Then I thought of the frequent negative feedback I've seen from you. Your quick/sharp tongue only verifies my gut instincts.
Old August 27th, 2017, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Funkwagon455
Very classy..... I noticed your parts wanted ad for one of these mechanisms and wondered, "Maybe I should let go of one of my spares.." Then I thought of the frequent negative feedback I've seen from you. Your quick/sharp tongue only verifies my gut instincts.
When you sell parts, you give a complete and honest description...like Brian Trick, Patton Glade, or Scott Winn. This is the standard which I expect when buying.

Brian McCall KNOWINGLY and WILLINGLY sent a bad part to me. Period.

I call out people who are detrimental to the hobby, as a public service to the Olds community. Maybe your interpretation of what happened is wrong.

Sell your parts to Brian.