Buyer & Seller Feedback This thread is the place to put Buyer or Seller feedback. Be sure to CHECK THE RULES before you post!

Obvious scam, be careful people WTB parts

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2016, 03:31 PM

Obvious scam, be careful people WTB parts

So i'm being approached by someone claiming to be "Kelly" through email about a WTB post I made here. This person proceeded to send me 3-4 year old pics of a 69 Cutlass off of oldmobilecentral.com that was for sale. I asked for additional pictures of parts they were offering and any form of camera this jerkoff has is apparently broken according to them... hah. To top it all off all the emails are in completely broken english. At this point i'm just catching this guy in multiple lies by asking specific questions. Am I allowed to post the name and email here to prevent other people from making a mistake?
Old May 10th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Does this person have a CO member name?
Old May 10th, 2016, 04:06 PM

That was one of the first questions I asked. The reply was no they just happened to see I was looking for parts. This makes me think this person is contacting other people the exact same way.
Old May 10th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Go ahead and post it. But understand the scammers will also see it and probably just set up a new one.
Old May 10th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Hookers under Hood

Unbelievable, scammers now into trying to rip guys off with used car parts. I would try to buy used parts only from this site if at all possible.
Oh that would **** me off!!
Old May 10th, 2016, 05:43 PM

I got an email from a scammer as well from a post on here.

They go to all kinds of places to do this.

We just have to be careful.
Old May 10th, 2016, 06:07 PM

One fairly effective technique:
cc their mail, or just fwd it, to their provider.

Example, mail from idiot@gmail.com [seems they like gmail]

reply or fwd to "abuse@gmail.com"

"Abuse-master: kindly terminate the acct 'idiot@gmail.com' at once. As you see they are running a scam. Please terminate at once, ban them for life, and warn all others they have been communicating with."

I often find that within a day that eddress is no longer valid.
Old May 10th, 2016, 06:53 PM

Interesting. I always thought most of the scammers were on Craigslist. Whenever I post something I prepare for the barrage of spam to appear. Speaking of scams I found this on Craigslist:
http://tricities.craigslist.org/pts/5569288753.html

I actually called the guy, asked a few questions, and proved to him that it was a type "O" and not an actual Chevy 12 bolt. I see he didn't change the post and still wants a mint for that axle
Old May 11th, 2016, 06:38 AM

-- Kelly Starling
Hello
Are you still in need of part(s) as requested in your ad. PM me, I'll get back to you with price and shipping details

Thanks

Kelly
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything still on the current list I am still interested. If you have anything please fell free to send a few good pictures and prices.

Thank you,

Craig
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Craig ,

Thanks for writing. I'm currently Parting out a 1969 Cutlass for parts sales. All parts are in excellent condition.

I'm asking $250 shipped for trim, lights and misc.

What's your shipping address? Let me know.

Kelly

Ship would be to 60803. What is your username on Classicoldsmobile?

Thank you,

Craig
Craig , I'm not a member there it happen I saw your ad wtb. I'm a member in row52. Let me know if we can still proceed with this transaction.

Kelly
Going to pass for now, thank you for the offer though.

Thank you,
Why will you pass Craig? are you skeptical about the deal?
Do me a favor then, take a few extra pictures of each wheel well trim as well as good pictures of each tail light assembly. Also a few good pictures of the interior. If the parts are already off the car, send a few pics of the car disassembled as well. Where are you located?

Craig
My Cameras is faulty. Pic I sent to you were the ones inside my computer before now. All part of the car are in great shape. Have no worries you will see when ship to you but if other wise funds will be refunded to you.

Let me know .

Last edited by Cman7713; May 13th, 2016 at 12:55 PM.
Old May 11th, 2016, 06:43 AM

This is the current copy/paste email conversation over the last day. Do a google search of his email. This guy is selling everything from bmw parts to rolex watches.
Old May 11th, 2016, 07:10 AM

Smile

This is why I don't put my email address on my want or for sale posts. Maybe you should buy the $6K submariners Rolex nockoff...
http://www.mywatchmart.com/listing/1...date-116610ln/

Last edited by sixty9olds; May 11th, 2016 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Add Rolex watch of interest
Old May 11th, 2016, 05:58 PM

looks like he fixed his faulty camera when he took the pics of the Rolex huh
scummers hope Karma catches them sooner than later